U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 02:14 PM

10,359 posts, read 18,458,464 times

Advertisements

My late husband's center gave them blankets as well - I think everyone gets cold and it's normal. As I mentioned to OP in her other thread, you do have to restrict/watch fluids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 05:01 PM

1,539 posts, read 2,877,492 times
Flamingo~

I am sorry for the loss of your DH. Did the others who had dialysis with him interact as I have mention above? Perhaps we are just weird?!? Oh, well...

Old Today, 03:29 AM

32,653 posts, read 37,940,947 times
My Dad was doing dialysis the last 5 years of his life,wish i'd asked him more about it, one thing i do remember is he was relegated to one glass of water per day.

Old Today, 04:45 AM

49,015 posts, read 48,618,554 times
My mom dreaded dialysis after watching her brother suffer terribly and always said that if her kidneys failed completely, she might just refuse dialysis and let herself go. (They both have/had PKD, which is genetic.)

However, when the time came, she was 86 and went into heart failure and needed a quad by-pass and the kidneys failed at the same time so they put her on dialysis at the hospital.

That was three years ago. She usually drives herself to and from dialysis three times a week, unless she feels unwell or the weather is bad, then my brother takes her. She was surprised to learn that she "did not feel as bad as everyone told her she would feel" or that her experience is very different from my late uncle's.

His doc is also her doc, and he has explained that my uncle's problems were due to his size (6'8" and 280 pounds) and my mother should not compare herself to him or anyone else.

She too has gotten to know her "regulars" at the center. While it has changed and limited her activities, she also has been here to attend the weddings of two granddaughters and see her 7th great-grandchild. For that we are so grateful.

Her biggest problems have been stopping bleeding after the needles are removed due to blood thinners she is on because of the heart.

Old Today, 04:59 AM

5 posts, read 420 times
I encourage you to join this group here for individuals on dialysis. It is a great support circle. https://www.facebook.com/groups/Dial...ensored/about/
I am a former technician and opened my own channel for techs and people on dialysis to talk about common questions and concerns.

Old Today, 07:00 AM

32,653 posts, read 37,940,947 times
I hadnt thought to Google Dialysis forums.. found a good one.

Old Today, 11:11 AM

29 posts, read 16,206 times
My wife was on dialysis for about 6 years and is now a kidney recipient. She did Hemo dialysis at the clinic 3X/week for a couple of years or so, then changed to Peritoneal dialysis at home nightly for 3-4 years. She liked PD better, but not everyone can do it, so for many HD is the only option.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness