U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2018, 06:37 AM

199 posts, read 68,382 times

Advertisements

My husband was sick and they said it was probably bacterial and I shouldn’t get it but about 5 days later I got a 100 fever and a horrible sore throat and stuffy nose. The thing that worries me is I’ve woken up in the middle of the night drenched in sweat. Clothes, hair, soaked. Sheets and covers damp. At about 1 am my throat was so sore and my temp was 99.6 so I took 1 Advil since Tylenol wasn’t helping that much finally went back to sleep and about 3 am I was drenched then again at 5 am. Is this just me fighting off a bug that I caught? I worry about the night sweats. I don’t get fevers much but when I do, I sweat but never like I have the last 2 nights. My friend who started having night sweats found out she had lymphoma. My fever is down to 97.5 though and my throat feels a bit better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2018, 08:59 AM

15,208 posts, read 3,103,694 times
You've posted several threads about this...

99.6 is really not much of a fever but since you are concerned make an appt with your MD. CD users cannot diagnose your symptoms...feel better soon.

Old 07-09-2018, 10:41 AM

17,882 posts, read 5,768,426 times
OP: The night sweats to me sounds menopausal. I don't know your age, but just saying.

I've made suggestions to you but as they say can't make them drink.

Feel better.

Old 07-09-2018, 11:34 AM

4,742 posts, read 5,797,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanna4k View Post
My husband was sick and they said it was probably bacterial and I shouldnít get it but about 5 days later I got a 100 fever and a horrible sore throat and stuffy nose. The thing that worries me is Iíve woken up in the middle of the night drenched in sweat. Clothes, hair, soaked. Sheets and covers damp. At about 1 am my throat was so sore and my temp was 99.6 so I took 1 Advil since Tylenol wasnít helping that much finally went back to sleep and about 3 am I was drenched then again at 5 am. Is this just me fighting off a bug that I caught? I worry about the night sweats. I donít get fevers much but when I do, I sweat but never like I have the last 2 nights. My friend who started having night sweats found out she had lymphoma. My fever is down to 97.5 though and my throat feels a bit better.
Its quite a jump to go from a common viral infection to lymphoma. Chances are very high that you caught what your husband had and your body is fighting it.

Old 07-09-2018, 12:32 PM

3,758 posts, read 1,381,631 times
OP you are witch hunting. Overthinking it. Letting anxiety get the better of you. Lymphoma?? Just like that at the same time your husband happens to be sick? No. Sounds like your immune system is doing exactly what it's supposed to do. Fight off an intruder. It may be the bug your husband got. It could just as easily be a bug you were exposed to in public. You and your husband have been to medical appointments so you've been around other sick people. Could have picked something up there. If it was me I'd watch and wait for a few more days and visit my doctor if I didn't seem to be getting over it. I'd also consider counseling to learn ways to deal with my anxiety. The mind is pretty good at convincing the body it is sick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness