U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2018, 06:21 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,558,309 times

Advertisements

I am amused at family members and friends who say they have trouble sleeping at night, and maybe even take an ambien/sleeping aid, but then they need coffee in the morning or else, they're "out of it". What gives?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over the hill gang View Post
If you do cold brew coffee at home it'll cut the acid that makes reflux worse. After it's done i store it in the fridge and just mix with water and heat in microwave. It has 67% less acid than coffee made with hot brew methods, it's easier on sensitive stomachs and all with no electricity required
https://www.amazon.com/Toddy-THM-Col...70_&dpSrc=srch
Huh.. didn't know cold brew had less acidity! Most I do is pour cold milk into hot coffee, which only works b/c I drink less coffee on account of half of the volume being milk (which is base).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2018, 06:25 PM

8,079 posts, read 7,347,515 times
I gave it up for a while for no other reason than I just felt like it.

I didn't notice a thing different.

Started drinking it again for health reasons. I drink bullet proof with grass fed butter, coconut oil, and collagen.

My skin looks amaze from the collagen.

Old 07-12-2018, 02:02 AM

63 posts, read 16,868 times
You can start your morning with Green Tea, there are tons of benefit of drinking green tea without sugar. It will help you with weight loss, improve your immune system and increase your metabolism.

I am having 2 green tea a day, it's up to you how you drink but at least give a try.

Thanks

Old 07-12-2018, 02:36 AM

6,911 posts, read 2,107,897 times
The majority of people, worldwide, is addicted to some form of caffeine. It's just one more toxin, to make you age faster. Thankfully, I never drank anything that contained it and had only a rare bit of chocolate. I never could understand the purpose of dosing oneself with something so unnecessary, costly and harmful.

Old 07-12-2018, 04:28 AM

6,172 posts, read 7,316,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
The majority of people, worldwide, is addicted to some form of caffeine. It's just one more toxin, to make you age faster. Thankfully, I never drank anything that contained it and had only a rare bit of chocolate. I never could understand the purpose of dosing oneself with something so unnecessary, costly and harmful.
I don't plan on stopping my caffeine habit any time soon.

I have been a coffee drinker since I was twelve years old. For many years, I drank five or six cups a day. I've tapered down to two cups each morning because now I prefer to drink chilled beverages during the day.

Chocolate was my other go-to, preferring dark even as a small child.

When I realized that nothing lasts forever, including me, I decided that having something I enjoy is not necessarily a bad thing.

I'm 82. If caffeine is going to age me faster, it better hurry up.

Old 07-12-2018, 05:50 AM

68,686 posts, read 78,712,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApePeeD View Post
Be aware, there's a lot of caffeine in things like chocolate. It will catch you by surprise when you're trying to sleep and you forgot, "oh, yeah, chocolate bar I ate at 10 PM..."
Our grand daughter gets her caffeine from her addiction to DR. Pepper and she is the first to tell you this. If she can't get Dr Pepper like sometimes on a cruise she will then drink coffee. Yes, there are ways to get you lift each day. That being said, I will stick to coffee thank you.

Old 07-12-2018, 08:28 AM

4 posts, read 826 times
Happy for you. At one time I also drunk a lot of coffee, although I did not have the same problems as you have. But after I stopped drinking coffee, I started to feel much better. I advise everyone to try life without coffee, this way of life has many advantages. All the best

Old 07-12-2018, 09:08 AM

12,993 posts, read 6,875,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Really?

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition...r-bad#section4

Among other things....
High in antioxidants
Lower risk of Alzheimers and Parkinson's disease
Lower risk of Type 2 diabetes
Lower risk of liver diseases
Lower risk of depression
May help you live LONGER

Of course if you over-imbibe you may get jittery and then have headaches if you stop drinking it suddenly...

Old 07-12-2018, 09:27 AM

964 posts, read 367,125 times
I drink coffee because, 1. I like it. Oh, so much! And, 2. because it makes me less murdery & stabby in the morning. I get that people who have a poor reaction to it shouldn't drink it. But for me, it's all benefit, baby!

PS: I just celebrated my 50th birthday, and my hair & skin look much younger--mostly due to limited sun exposure & gentle care.

Old 07-12-2018, 10:38 AM

182 posts, read 71,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over the hill gang View Post
If you do cold brew coffee at home it'll cut the acid that makes reflux worse. After it's done i store it in the fridge and just mix with water and heat in microwave. It has 67% less acid than coffee made with hot brew methods, it's easier on sensitive stomachs and all with no electricity required
https://www.amazon.com/Toddy-THM-Col...70_&dpSrc=srch
And I forgot to add that I use decaf coffee. Do the Coarse Grind on the machine in the store for cold brew coffee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness