U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2018, 05:15 PM

1,848 posts, read 2,385,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adampaul883 View Post
You can start your morning with Green Tea, there are tons of benefit of drinking green tea without sugar. It will help you with weight loss, improve your immune system and increase your metabolism.

I am having 2 green tea a day, it's up to you how you drink but at least give a try.

Thanks
Green tea is pretty digusting to some of us. Its hard to get that taste out if your mouth. There's better ways to help with weight loss
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2018, 05:31 PM

6,171 posts, read 7,312,086 times
I would rather sew my lips shut than drink green tea.

A Southern gentleman of my acquaintance many years ago, drank what he called Cambric Tea. I had no idea what this was, thinking it some sort of herbal tea, maybe like chamomile? To my surprise, found out it was just hot water with milk and sugar. Even that is better than green tea. JMO and Jack Travern's.

Old 07-17-2018, 05:27 AM

12,965 posts, read 6,861,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post

A Southern gentleman of my acquaintance many years ago, drank what he called Cambric Tea. I had no idea what this was, thinking it some sort of herbal tea, maybe like chamomile? To my surprise, found out it was just hot water with milk and sugar. Even that is better than green tea. JMO and Jack Travern's.
Haha - I know a health "nut" who just heats up plain water and drinks THAT in the winter...WTH?

Old 07-17-2018, 08:02 AM

40,080 posts, read 32,009,355 times
If coffee was bothering you, congrats on cutting it out!

Coffee doesn't bother me. I have two cups every morning. No acid reflux, no jitters, no issues at all. Heck I can even drink a cup in the evenings (like if we're out at a restaurant and have dessert) and it doesn't bother me. But I can't eat wheat without bloating up like a blowfish and feeling very uncomfortable.

Everybody is different but I think that if coffee doesn't bother a person, then a moderate amount per day isn't harmful and can be beneficial.

Old 07-17-2018, 08:13 AM

6,171 posts, read 7,312,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Haha - I know a health "nut" who just heats up plain water and drinks THAT in the winter...WTH?
My paternal grandfather drank a cup of hot water every morning, not just in the Winter. He drew the water directly from the hot water tap and on an empty stomach. Then he sat down to breakfast at which he drank Postum. Just goes to show that you can get used to anything. (The Postum, not the hot water)

BTW: Pop lived to 89.

Old 07-17-2018, 08:25 AM

315 posts, read 170,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebeemi View Post
I drink coffee because, 1. I like it. Oh, so much! And, 2. because it makes me less murdery & stabby in the morning. I get that people who have a poor reaction to it shouldn't drink it. But for me, it's all benefit, baby!

PS: I just celebrated my 50th birthday, and my hair & skin look much younger--mostly due to limited sun exposure & gentle care.
Ha ha about being "stabby"! As someone who gets up at 4AM to get ready for work, I get it! I drink one cup a day and relish that part of my morning ritual!

Old 07-17-2018, 08:32 AM

315 posts, read 170,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
My health nut son does this every morning year round. It's good for digestion and gets things "moving"!

Old 07-17-2018, 09:13 AM

4,078 posts, read 3,327,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post

Yep, mine too. My youngest is always bringing me different versions of the green teas. I have no idea why as I only send them back with her...without even trying it. They all taste bad to me...but love my coffee, the stronger the better.

BUT, coffee has never bothered me in any way therefore I indulge myself every morning.

Old 07-17-2018, 10:22 AM

2,255 posts, read 2,054,390 times
I have a situation with constant high cortisol levels lately and need to quit drinking coffee as it raises cortisol levels. I'm just having a difficult time doing it. And maintaining high cortisol levels is NOT good for the body. You do what you have to do for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness