Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2018, 12:25 AM

454 posts, read 448,594 times

Advertisements

I'm a male. Last week or so i got very itchy between my legs when i was in bed. I then scratched it very hard to ease the itch and of course that made it much worst. I then did the same thing again and then noticed that i have a huge patch of redness/rash from me scratching very hard. I did it on both sides between my legs. I then put some lotion on it though to make it not itch that much. But then it would itch again and i could not resist scratching the area.

Now im not scratching it anymore. However, there is still a huge rash between each side of my legs due to this. I just take a shower and then put some lotion on but this is like cheap moisturizing lotion. Does anyone know if it eventually goes away? Its like a huge broken skin and rash and very red. Like its enzema.

Does anyone have any tips on what i should do and not do? I assume don't use any warm water on that area at all when showering? What specific products should i use to make it better? Would like aloe vera gel the liquid type work? Or what about getting some aveeno moisturizing lotion? I would have to buy these products and this rash is very nasty looking between both of my legs. What specific product do i have to buy for this. Because im worried that i might have damaged it pretty bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2018, 12:34 AM

https://www.amazon.com/Aveeno-Moistu...%2Blotion&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/Aveeno-Daily-...urizing+lotion

Would this work?

Or anyone have any other ideas?

Old 07-12-2018, 03:40 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,189,754 times
Treat is as you would any "injury" to the skin not just dry skin. Even an inexpensive first aid cream

Old 07-12-2018, 07:23 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,473,517 times
Try an antihistamine such as Claritin.

Old 07-12-2018, 07:34 AM

1,834 posts, read 2,694,961 times
Apply Zeasorb AF powder often. If skin is broken teat with antiseptic, treat itching with SARNA lotion the one with menthol and camphor.

Old 07-12-2018, 07:40 AM

369 posts, read 325,401 times
If not wanting to see a dermatologist, start listing what has possibly interacted here. I went for a yr. with a belly rash and finally cleared it up by switching from Castile soap to Irish Spring. I had used Castile for years and apparently developed a reaction to it. Narrowed it down further to coconut 🌴 oil.
Trying to ease the irritation w/ a topical is just masking the cause.
Literally start a list and check them off one by one. Are you by chance a road or mt. biker that wears spandex shorts?

Old 07-12-2018, 07:41 AM

2,609 posts, read 2,188,904 times
Maybe you have jock itch, that's bacterial. You may need a cream or spray to help it such as lotromin, it's over the counter. My son gets it usually under arm and it can spread a bit. You got to keep it dry, wear loose fitting clothing.i think the spray is better because it leaves a powdery residue but if the skin is broken maybe the cream is better.

Jock itch

Fungal infection in the skin of the genitals, inner thighs, and buttocks.
Learn more at https://g.co/kgs/UK9rb1

Here's some more good info, keep scrolling and read while thing, good info.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/315788.php

One of the most important is to use a new towel each day (don't share towels either) dry uninfected areas first then infected last after showering. Usee body powder to keep skin dry, even apply through out day. My son was using stick deodorant, which can become infected with the fungus so switched to using spray.

Last edited by Izzie1213; 07-12-2018 at 07:56 AM..

Old 07-12-2018, 07:50 AM

27,074 posts, read 11,852,016 times
Since you got such a variety of tips....make an appt with a dermatologist to get a proper diagnosis and treatment.

Don't compound the problem by using the wrong soap, cream etc.

CD users cannot diagnose your medical problems

Old 07-12-2018, 08:00 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,121,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzie1213 View Post
Maybe you have jock itch, that's bacterial. You may need a cream or spray to help it such as lotromin, it's over the counter. My son gets it usually under arm and it can spread a bit. You got to keep it dry, wear loose fitting clothing.i think the spray is better because it leaves a powdery residue but if the skin is broken maybe the cream is better.

Jock itch

Fungal infection in the skin of the genitals, inner thighs, and buttocks.
Learn more at https://g.co/kgs/UK9rb1

Here's some more good info, keep scrolling and read while thing, good info.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/315788.php

One of the most important is to use a new towel each day (don't share towels either) dry uninfected areas first then infected last after showering. Usee body powder to keep skin dry, even apply through out day. My son was using stick deodorant, which can become infected with the fungus so switched to using spray.
I agree with this^^. My husband got jock itch from going to the gym. Being sweaty in areas like that cause bacterial infections. The lotrimin helps, and keep area clean and dry at all times. It could take a little while to resolve - I think it was 2 months before my husband was completely clear.

Old 07-12-2018, 08:43 AM

Hey all. This was caused entirely because when i went to bed, i felt a very strong itch where i could not stop scratching it. I did heavy and i mean heavy scratching/rubbing in order to ease the itchyness. This is 100 percent what caused this. Thus imagine you scratch/rub an area so hard, its going to look very red etc.

No i don't even do any outdoor activities. This has nothing to do with any of this.

copymutt, are you saying coconut oil caused your rash or it fixed it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness