Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 12:24 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,599,297 times

Advertisements

https://www.webmd.com/arthritis/avas...s-treatments#1

Ah, now I'm wondering if the doctors who were attending me did in fact cause more damage when I first got to the hospital as probably their first line of attack was a steroid injection in my knee.

It took them 2.5 months to "find" what was going on, a staph infection which was found by an MRI...all the bloodwork did not tell them infection, I guess, I was counting on them.

I know many "love" steroids but the damage they cause, omg....

Old 07-16-2018, 02:20 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,951,787 times
Rather than chasing doctors with a pitchfork in this forum, why don't you use the alternative medicine forum? It's best suited to your particular mindset.

Doctors save lives every single day, millions of lives. They aren't devils, as you seem to think.

Old 07-16-2018, 02:33 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,187,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
https://www.webmd.com/arthritis/avas...s-treatments#1

Ah, now I'm wondering if the doctors who were attending me did in fact cause more damage when I first got to the hospital as probably their first line of attack was a steroid injection in my knee.

It took them 2.5 months to "find" what was going on, a staph infection which was found by an MRI...all the bloodwork did not tell them infection, I guess, I was counting on them.

I know many "love" steroids but the damage they cause, omg....
Nothing to see here...same old same old...

Just curious how many times have you told this same story on this forum??? 100 times??? 200 times? More?

Corticosteroid INJECTIONS don't cause AVN....nothing you have posted about your knee ( and it has been plenty) suggests you have AVN

I still would love to know how a MRI diagnosed a "staph infection" since that isn't even REMOTELY possible...

The ONLY way to diagnose a specific infection is via culture results...

I concur with the poster above, keep your unsupported claims in the forum where proof isn't needed to make claims...

Old 07-16-2018, 03:50 PM

22,961 posts, read 18,266,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Nothing to see here...same old same old...

Just curious how many times have you told this same story on this forum??? 100 times??? 200 times? More?
OP you are continuing to witch hunt this to death. Everyone at some point probably has been sympathetic about your unfortunate outcome. There comes a time when you need to put it to bed, for your own sake as well as everyone else's. A suggestion both traditionally-trained providers as well as alternative practitioners would make. Sad that you seem to have nothing more worthwhile to do.

Old 07-16-2018, 05:20 PM

This is about AVN and the horrific damage from steroids.

Old 07-16-2018, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgardener View Post
Rather than chasing doctors with a pitchfork in this forum, why don't you use the alternative medicine forum? It's best suited to your particular mindset.

Doctors save lives every single day, millions of lives. They aren't devils, as you seem to think.
Yes, they save and they destroy. They do both...and everyone knows that. A large portion here just seem to think they do NO HARM.....

People can keep their heads in the sand...but you all have heard and read so much on these groups. And I'm sure not everything is revealed by all members here, positives and negatives.

Old 07-16-2018, 05:30 PM

15,116 posts, read 27,599,211 times
Just trying to understand why so many of this type of posts (and from the OP generally) keep getting posted on here.

The forum is for people (my understanding) that have real questions about real issues and are looking for ideas, help, tips, etc. from others.

Old 07-16-2018, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
Just trying to understand why so many of this type of posts (and from the OP generally) keep getting posted on here.

The forum is for people (my understanding) that have real questions about real issues and are looking for ideas, help, tips, etc. from others.
It's about pharma medicine and this is the area. Maybe enough wonder why they have so much bone damage and other damage to their bodies...this info can shed some light, no?

Old 07-16-2018, 05:52 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,187,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
This is about AVN and the horrific damage from steroids.
No it isn't....

It's about your agenda to demonize everything related to evidence based medicine that doesn't fit into your narrow minded alternative world view...

AVN is still a relatively rare disorder and the majority of cases are not related to steroids but other chronic medical issues, trauma or alcohol abuse...

AVN is not caused by corticosteroid injections and the majority of folks who develop AVN from oral steroid use were taking oral steroids for CHRONIC medical conditions...

One of the most common patients I see for this condition is a young patient who was treated with high dose steroids as part of a chemotherapeutic regimen for childhood cancer...

The good news is that they are alive and cancer free, the bad news is that a small percentage do develop AVN...

Kind of beats the alternative though....

Old 07-16-2018, 07:06 PM

Oh, I've read on enough replacement forums from younger people who's hips were eaten away from longterm steroid use. None of that in your practice?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness