U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2018, 07:14 AM

33 posts, read 9,165 times

Advertisements

Before I start, I Want to mention I've already asked my GP about this and she recommended vitamin E oil and lotion. Not helping.
So I want to ask if someone else has gotten This and possibly how it happened. I realize people can't diagnose online but maybe they can tell me another doctor to go to.

For a little over a year now I have a small patch of dry skin. It started on my index finger then went to my middle then ring finger. Left hand only. Recently it went away on my ring. Mainly just on my index and middle.I'll add a picture.

It's not filled with liquid or anything. Its just dry and reddish an kinda hard. It started out shiny then as i started picking it (bad I know) it just got dry..kinda hard, but again my doctor said It's on top of the skin, not filled with anything.

I've looked up eczema and all these different issues...I don't think it's that. It spread so it must be some kind of fungal or something.

Well here's the picture....

I'm thinking I need to see a dermatologist? But is that for the face only?

Ok...it won't let me post pictures...but its rough skin, red and dry skin..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2018, 08:54 AM

17,396 posts, read 3,537,755 times
Dermatology is for any skin issues....make an appt.
Good luck

Old 07-16-2018, 09:05 AM

1,464 posts, read 691,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsLonely View Post
Before I start, I Want to mention I've already asked my GP about this and she recommended vitamin E oil and lotion. Not helping.
So I want to ask if someone else has gotten This and possibly how it happened. I realize people can't diagnose online but maybe they can tell me another doctor to go to.

For a little over a year now I have a small patch of dry skin. It started on my index finger then went to my middle then ring finger. Left hand only. Recently it went away on my ring. Mainly just on my index and middle.I'll add a picture.

It's not filled with liquid or anything. Its just dry and reddish an kinda hard. It started out shiny then as i started picking it (bad I know) it just got dry..kinda hard, but again my doctor said It's on top of the skin, not filled with anything.

I've looked up eczema and all these different issues...I don't think it's that. It spread so it must be some kind of fungal or something.

My daughter had what looked like you describe on a finger. It would come and go and spread to the next finger after some time. It was diagnosed as eczema even though it didn't look like the most common eczema issues.

You can get temporary relief from topical ointments. You'll just have to experiment to find one that helps. However, I think that eventually you may have to address it internally. Research dietary changes you can make to address eczema and other skin issues.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2965901/

Old 07-16-2018, 11:06 AM

69,278 posts, read 79,447,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsLonely View Post

see a dermatologist. Some skin irritations just can't be diagnosed but it is always worth a try.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness