U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-13-2006, 09:38 AM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 17,530,659 times
Reputation: 2170

Advertisements

I am looking for an affordable wrinkle cream. I am 36 , very fair skin, combination, can break out easy. I use a sunscreen and alpha hydroxy product in the morning but I cannot find a great night wrinkle cream. I do not have wrinkles yet, but you can never start too early!! Tell me what you have tried or use now and why it what it does for you.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-13-2006, 09:44 AM
 
Location: Daingerfield, TX
613 posts, read 761,311 times
Reputation: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I am looking for an affordable wrinkle cream. I am 36 , very fair skin, combination, can break out easy. I use a sunscreen and alpha hydroxy product in the morning but I cannot find a great night wrinkle cream. I do not have wrinkles yet, but you can never start too early!! Tell me what you have tried or use now and why it what it does for you.
I am a former Estee Lauder makeup artist/beauty advisor, and I suggest that you try the Perfectionist line and wrinkle repair serum and the Resiliance Lift Face and Throat cream night formula. Both of these products depending on size will run $50-$78 each.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-13-2006, 10:38 AM
 
Location: in a house
5,835 posts, read 4,410,288 times
Reputation: 4890
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTexas85 View Post
I am a former Estee Lauder makeup artist/beauty advisor, and I suggest that you try the Perfectionist line and wrinkle repair serum and the Resiliance Lift Face and Throat cream night formula. Both of these products depending on size will run $50-$78 each.
If you want to save money, use Cetaphil lotion to cleanse your skin am and pm, great for sensitive skin and doesn't strip natural oils like soap does. Using a product from Oil of Olay or Loreal for night would work just fine for you. You are in the preventitive stage,not fighting off wrinkles, so the rejenerist series in Oil of Olay should be fine for you. Alpha Hydroxy products will make you drier and could create break outs too. Just use a gentle exfoliater 2x a week along with a light moisturizer with sunscreen and you will be fine.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-13-2006, 10:44 AM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 17,530,659 times
Reputation: 2170
Quote:
Originally Posted by puffle View Post
If you want to save money, use Cetaphil lotion to cleanse your skin am and pm, great for sensitive skin and doesn't strip natural oils like soap does. Using a product from Oil of Olay or Loreal for night would work just fine for you. You are in the preventitive stage,not fighting off wrinkles, so the rejenerist series in Oil of Olay should be fine for you. Alpha Hydroxy products will make you drier and could create break outs too. Just use a gentle exfoliater 2x a week along with a light moisturizer with sunscreen and you will be fine.
I need the drier!! I use Nuetrogena Healthy Skin face lotion with spf 15. is that Ok? I have had breakouts since turning 34, hormones I guess. Have used Oil of Olay and had really bad breakouts. I am using Loreal wrinkle cream now, but it seems very heavy. I do use Cetaphil.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-13-2006, 10:53 AM
 
Location: in a house
5,835 posts, read 4,410,288 times
Reputation: 4890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I need the drier!! I use Nuetrogena Healthy Skin face lotion with spf 15. is that Ok? I have had breakouts since turning 34, hormones I guess. Have used Oil of Olay and had really bad breakouts. I am using Loreal wrinkle cream now, but it seems very heavy. I do use Cetaphil.
The drier you make you skin the more oil it will try to pump out to compensate for the loss. Maybe you should try ProActive for acne. If it is hormonal you might have to get medication to work from the inside out. But in the meantime, stick to simple things without mineral oil or lanolin, and stay away from products with Myristate in it. Use oil free products and light lotions, not creams, oil free foundation too and watch out for chocolate and caffeine.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-13-2006, 11:02 AM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 17,530,659 times
Reputation: 2170
Quote:
Originally Posted by puffle View Post
The drier you make you skin the more oil it will try to pump out to compensate for the loss. Maybe you should try ProActive for acne. If it is hormonal you might have to get medication to work from the inside out. But in the meantime, stick to simple things without mineral oil or lanolin, and stay away from products with Myristate in it. Use oil free products and light lotions, not creams, oil free foundation too and watch out for chocolate and caffeine.
Is Proactive ok? I have never tried it, but willing too. I am an oil slick!!. So I would be Ok with a cetaphil cleaner and like a toner and light cream at night? I do use oil free foundation, Like Bare Minerals, even though I look oily afterwards!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-13-2006, 11:28 AM
 
Location: in a house
5,835 posts, read 4,410,288 times
Reputation: 4890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Is Proactive ok? I have never tried it, but willing too. I am an oil slick!!. So I would be Ok with a cetaphil cleaner and like a toner and light cream at night? I do use oil free foundation, Like Bare Minerals, even though I look oily afterwards!!
If you have a Costco near you you can get Proactive or online. Not crazy about BareMinerals. Prescriptives has a great oil free foundation w/sunscreen. Stay away from Clinique as the sunscreen is harsh. Again, stay away from cream moisturizers as they contain more oil,etc. Stick with lotions that are water-based.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-13-2006, 11:31 AM
 
Location: ♥State of the heart♥
1,118 posts, read 4,498,426 times
Reputation: 863
Big fan of Nivea CoQ10 moisturizers - the entire line is great. I also need the moisture but not heavy creams. I used to use Proactiv - great stuff. Luckily my need for it has diminished.
Make sure you drink lots of water and regularly take Vitamin C. Important for maintaining collagen. I'm almost 50 and between genetics and these things my skin looks pretty good for an old broad.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-13-2006, 11:32 AM
 
Location: God's Country
22,147 posts, read 31,555,737 times
Reputation: 30925
If you have oily skin and try to hard to make it dry this can sometimes make it look flaky. If that happens gently rub a warm wash cloth over you face. My dermatologist thinks the best OTC stuff for wrinkles is ROC, which you can get at any drugstore. And ALWAYS use sunscreen and not just for the wrinkles, but to prevent skin cancer too. I use Cityblock by Clinique SPF 40. But you're right now is the time to use something for wrinkles. My mother is 88 and has almost no wrinkles, I tell her that her face looks better than mine!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-13-2006, 11:36 AM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 17,530,659 times
Reputation: 2170
Quote:
Originally Posted by puffle View Post
If you have a Costco near you you can get Proactive or online. Not crazy about BareMinerals. Prescriptives has a great oil free foundation w/sunscreen. Stay away from Clinique as the sunscreen is harsh. Again, stay away from cream moisturizers as they contain more oil,etc. Stick with lotions that are water-based.
I am not crazy about it either but had to try it. I have very uneven skin and have yet to find a foundation that hides it and doesnt look like a mask!!! Oh and last longer than two hours!!! i will try proactive.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top