Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 10:38 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,149,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTexas85 View Post
OMG, that is my very favorite....i love it, it makes my hair so shiny and it feels soooo good. And I love the way it smells.
Me too! I have long hair, and if shampoo has a heavy smell it drives me crazy.

Now that it is cold out and I am wearing turtle necks & coats I am prone to getting rat's nests in my hair. The Biolage not only helps reduce that, but they are much easier to brush out without breaking my hair. It is worth every bit of $15/bottle to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2006, 10:40 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,620,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
I know I'm just a guy...but...my hair looks healthy if I don't wash it for a week. Seems to me all that constant washing just messes it up and blow drying dries it out. What about giving your hair a break every few weeks and let the natural oils build up to repair it with your own natural conditioners?
I tired that , went four days and couldnt stand it anymore, man did it look bad.

Old 12-13-2006, 10:43 AM

613 posts, read 796,357 times
Quote:
I know I'm just a guy...but...my hair looks healthy if I don't wash it for a week. Seems to me all that constant washing just messes it up and blow drying dries it out. What about giving your hair a break every few weeks and let the natural oils build up to repair it with your own natural conditioners?

You know, that is exactly what I have started doing Mo...in the past I washed my hair every other day, but being that it's dry, I only wash it maybe twice a week now. It actually styles better when it's dirty! (However, I have straight hair) so it doesn't really matter.

Old 12-13-2006, 10:46 AM

5,835 posts, read 5,159,691 times
Quote:
Hi, Unless your hair is on the oily side, washing every other day or longer is better epecially in the winter. Once a week use a deep conditioner if your hair is lacking moisture and leave it on over night with a plastic shower cap if you can. Using a protective spray before blow drying helps too. There are a lot of products out there, but I buy only where the licensed stylists go being one myself, and Pureology has more natural ingredients, better for your hair and is a fav amongst those with color treated hair.

Old 12-13-2006, 11:28 AM

30,286 posts, read 51,736,045 times
Default My rat's nest...

Quote:
I have the same routine, which some people think is gross... especially my mom, who has fine & oily hair! But I got my dad's hair, which is very dry/coarse, thick and curly - so I need those days between washes. I also flat-iron my hair frequently, and since it takes 1 1/2 hours, I'm not going to wash it out that quickly!

The products I use may not all apply to you (Nea1), but I use a variety of stuff:
Paul Mitchell's Wet something-or-other?
Ouidad, which is only available through mail
Bumble & Bumble's leave in/rinse out conditioner & Color Support shampoo for Reds (I don't dye my hair, but this adds a little "zest" to the color)
Fekkai Luscious Curls conditioner
Joico's K-Pak conditioner & styling spray
And the absolute BEST conditioner I've used recently is Crede (with an accent over the e ) "ER Hair" Treatment - http://www.joybeauty.com/products/Crede/. The stuff is awesome, but unfortunately quite expensive too, at $32 for a small tub. And I just ran out, darnit!

Finally, my best suggestion is to blow-dry your hair conservatively... that can really dry it out badly, especially when you color. I'm not a hair expert, but that's what stylists have always told me. And as "puffle" said, you should definitely use a protective cream or serum... I use those before & after flat-ironing, and it makes a big difference!!

Old 12-13-2006, 11:43 AM

22,999 posts, read 34,265,766 times
I have used Redken products and liked them. Now I use Artec color enhancing shampoo and conditioner. I only have to wash my hair twice a week.
And if you've seen the picture of the back of MoMark's head you know he has beautiful hair.

Old 12-13-2006, 12:05 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,956,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
I have used Redken products and liked them. Now I use Artec color enhancing shampoo and conditioner. I only have to wash my hair twice a week.
And if you've seen the picture of the back of MoMark's head you know he has beautiful hair.
Thank you ILNC But even at the length you've seen my hair...I get sick of it...and I cut it all off and it's really short now. With my hair very short, I can get out of bed and get dressed and not worry about hair !

Old 12-13-2006, 12:13 PM

1,872 posts, read 4,219,491 times
I have long hair and I just HAVE to wash my hair everyday. Just being around people, especially during the hacking flu and cold season and then there's the smokers, I just HAVE to wash my hair everyday, otherwise, I wouldn't feel comfortable any other way.

Old 12-13-2006, 12:25 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,620,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seashelly View Post
I have long hair and I just HAVE to wash my hair everyday. Just being around people, especially during the hacking flu and cold season and then there's the smokers, I just HAVE to wash my hair everyday, otherwise, I wouldn't feel comfortable any other way.
Oh I know, yuck smokers hair!!! I went 3 days camping once and couldnt wash my hiar, I freaked, it smelled like campfire smoke and plants and sweat and dirt. gross!!

Old 12-13-2006, 12:52 PM

5,835 posts, read 5,159,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Careful of the color enhancing shampoos, they are not meant to be used at every shampoo or they can be very drying, especially Paul Mitchell and Arctec. Just my experience, especially having changed my hair color as often as changing my xxxxxx.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness