U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2018, 11:49 AM

18,807 posts, read 6,138,018 times

Advertisements

I haven't followed a lot of this thread but I "get it". Thinking about how drugs do age one's body and see that in a neighbor who is now taking prednisone for the RA dx a couple yrs ago. How she has aged. She can't afford alternative medicines so takes what the HMO gives her.

https://prepareforchange.net/2018/06...y-your-health/

Old 08-11-2018, 11:50 AM

3,031 posts, read 1,208,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
I have been trying to reason with people who have absolute faith in modern mainstream medicine, and the drug industry. It doesn't matter what you say, all they hear is a threat to their faith, and all they do is react.

Having a rational discussion with them is not possible.

Statin drugs are overused, and I found plenty of respectable sources who say that.

Most of the experts who promote statins as primary prevention are connected with drug companies. Most of the statin research is done by drug companies.

Why is there such a need to have blind unquestioning faith?
I donít think most people have blind unquestioning faith. Most people I know think about whether to try a treatment for some time if they have questions about it. They may do research, talk to other people, or get a second opinion. I think it is more common with the older generation, who had less access to information, although a lot of my family who is older is/was in healthcare and they certainly do not do everything that their doctors recommend.

All of the doctors Iíve had have been happy when I ask questions and are responsive. Many practices even have policies where they inform you (about every visit) that if you have a question or concern, you should make it clear to your provider. If they werenít, I would go find another doctor. I had one procedure I had to do and was nervous about and my doctor told me sheís had to do it many times as a patient and not to be surprised if I have to do it multiple times, but she wanted to hear my reaction to it too... so it could help her when she talked about it to other patients.

Old 08-11-2018, 01:06 PM

3,342 posts, read 922,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
I donít think most people have blind unquestioning faith. Most people I know think about whether to try a treatment for some time if they have questions about it. They may do research, talk to other people, or get a second opinion. I think it is more common with the older generation, who had less access to information, although a lot of my family who is older is/was in healthcare and they certainly do not do everything that their doctors recommend.

All of the doctors Iíve had have been happy when I ask questions and are responsive. Many practices even have policies where they inform you (about every visit) that if you have a question or concern, you should make it clear to your provider. If they werenít, I would go find another doctor. I had one procedure I had to do and was nervous about and my doctor told me sheís had to do it many times as a patient and not to be surprised if I have to do it multiple times, but she wanted to hear my reaction to it too... so it could help her when she talked about it to other patients.
I was talking about people who comment on this thread and get very angry because I question some of the very common medical policies.

I was not bashing all doctors or all modern medicine. Probably the worst example of an over-used medical intervention is statin drugs. I have tried to show that there is deception, and lots of experts have noticed.

If you look for news reports about statins you will see the benefits described in terms of relative risk reduction. Some have caught on to this trickery.

I used to wonder how one source could say statins reduce heart attack risk in everyone by 40 or 50 percent, while other sources said they were practically useless for most patients. Why such a contradiction? Well the answer is relative risk reduction. That became one of the central points of this thread, but nobody got it so far.

If a drug decreases your risk of heart disease from 2% to 1%, that is a 50% reduction in relative risk. It sounds impressive, but it is not clinically significant.

If a medical doctor told you a surgical procedure would reduce your risk of dying within 5 years from 2% to 1%, would you have the surgery? Probably not. But if he said it would reduce your risk by 50%, would you have it?

Old 08-11-2018, 01:13 PM

4,625 posts, read 10,500,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
Maybe some people are resisting getting the message, because it threatens their faith in their medical doctors.

Did SuzyQ, or you and the other pro-drug commenters, ever get the main point expressed here? I have no reason at all to think so.
What "message"?

What "Main point"?

You mean YOUR "opinions" unsubstantiated as always....

Old 08-11-2018, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
What "message"?

What "Main point"?

I have provided lots of evidence and expert opinions. My opinions are not based on blind faith and wishful thinking.

Old 08-11-2018, 05:28 PM

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/...3.2015.1102009

Another explanation of the problems with reporting only relative risk reduction.

" The
reason why we accused the authors of
statin trials and their sponsors of statistical
deception is because they present their
findings in publication abstracts, to the
media, in advertisements and in reviews
exclusively with the RRR format. The
basis for this statistical ploy is that it is
far more impressive to present a 36%
RRR, as in the Lipitor trial, rather than
a 1% ARR, which is the arithmetic difference
in the rate of coronary events
between the statin-treated and placebo
groups."

Old 08-11-2018, 05:32 PM

https://www.pharmacytimes.com/news/s...weigh-benefits

More information about misconceptions about statins. This one is short.

Old 08-12-2018, 06:45 AM

4,625 posts, read 10,500,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I haven't followed a lot of this thread but I "get it". Thinking about how drugs do age one's body and see that in a neighbor who is now taking prednisone for the RA dx a couple yrs ago. How she has aged. She can't afford alternative medicines so takes what the HMO gives her.

https://prepareforchange.net/2018/06...y-your-health/
1. You clearly "don't get it"

2. Drugs don't "age one's body"...Prednisone has likely allowed your neighbor with RA to function and live her life better than she ever would have without the medication. You know what causes aging....TIME causes aging

3. Can't afford alternative medications....maybe Big Alternative should stop trying to make so much money off the people

4. As for your "link" once again, source DOES matter. This information also comes from the same link you posted....

Goddess Vortex is an Angelic Presence that goes through our bodies and anchors into the physical plane. You will be able to feel that Goddess Vortex in your body. Archons are allergic to Goddess energy. This is why the Catholic Church was suppressing women. The non-physical Archons are very allergic to this. Every time any woman or man channels that Goddess Vortex, thousands of reptilians are removed forever.

Old 08-12-2018, 07:08 AM

496 posts, read 220,710 times
In addition to the Goddess Vortex stuff above, I found this other gem on the website quoted by jaminhealth:

"The United States Centers for Condition Control and also Avoidance (CDC) has confirmed that 98 million Americans were infused with polluted polio vaccinations, revealing them to a cancer-causing infection."

Aside from the polluted-polio vaccinations gibberish, would you trust a person who doesn't know that CDC stands for "Centers for Disease Control and Prevention"?

Barnum was wrong, there's a sucker born every second.

Old 08-12-2018, 08:33 AM

575 posts, read 140,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
What "message"?

What "Main point"?

Her opinion, my opinion, or anyone elses opinion, including yours does not have to,be substantiated. They are opinions afterall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness