U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2018, 04:39 PM

19,770 posts, read 6,546,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Iíd never have surgery unless it was for a very strong reason, but surgery doesnít cause dementia. The reasons to be cautious about surgery are plenty without making more up.
Many surgeries could work toward that end. The older one gets the more I've read the fear of going under too much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2018, 04:44 PM

4,684 posts, read 1,778,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinB View Post
This needs some before and after pictures...
Not that I'm squeamish, but the mental image of someone intentionally removing, replacing, massaging, shaping, doing anything with body fat is bad enough...shudder!!

Old 07-31-2018, 04:51 PM

4,904 posts, read 5,993,451 times
Lots of people get plastic surgery for various reasons. The most important thing to do is check the doctors credentials and make sure they are board certified. Also look at the doctors history and before and after pics for this specific surgery.
As for if she should or should not get this done its nobodies business but hers.

Old 07-31-2018, 04:52 PM

5,618 posts, read 4,229,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Many surgeries could work toward that end. The older one gets the more I've read the fear of going under too much.
No, they canít.

Surgery doesnít cause dementia. Surgery risks increase with age due to the higher existence of other conditions that could create complications.

Old 07-31-2018, 05:04 PM

19,222 posts, read 3,989,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider99 View Post
Has anyone had or known someone that has had butt augmentation? My wife is trying to talk her sister out of this because of some horror stories she's read about. The procedure works with some type of fat transferring.

I don't get it. This woman is quite attractive and already has a really nice butt. She has said before that she's always been jealous of my wife's backside, which is on the big side for her frame, and my wife is jealous of her sister who has always been very tall and lean.

Both of these women look great in a swimsuit in their own way. Why can't people just be happy with the way they're put together. I've told my sister in-law that for every guy that's into women with curves, there is a guy that will be into a woman with a toned athletic body like hers. I just don't get why someone would take the risk.

Oh how worrisome.....

Old 07-31-2018, 10:57 PM

1,724 posts, read 808,101 times
Just tell her to watch the TV series "Botched". That should put her off unnecessary cosmetic surgery.

Old 08-01-2018, 12:09 AM

877 posts, read 415,705 times
Any invasive surgery has a risk of infection, sepsis, organ failure and death. Whatever the exact number is it's probably less risky than driving and more risky than taking a flight.

People don't think that the .1 % (or whatever it actually is) chance of complications doesn't apply to them.

If you asked people why they travel by air, they'll give you many reasons: to save time, see more of the world, work, etc. Are the unfortunate souls who were on a vacation trip when their plane crashed responsible for their own demise? The only way to be 100% sure of not dying like that is never fly.

Life is really just an endless series of risk/reward decisions. Is the taste and texture of a raw oyster sliding down the back of your throat worth the .001 % chance of vibrio vulnificus? Not to me, ecch.

I can't really understand the need for body enhancement, but I'm not in those people's heads so can't say it's not worth the risk.

Old 08-01-2018, 12:24 AM

38,834 posts, read 45,551,336 times
If she goes through with it it will be interesting how she'll be able to sit or go potty comfortably.

Old 08-01-2018, 05:05 AM

594 posts, read 194,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider99 View Post
Has anyone had or known someone that has had butt augmentation? My wife is trying to talk her sister out of this because of some horror stories she's read about. The procedure works with some type of fat transferring.

I don't get it. This woman is quite attractive and already has a really nice butt. She has said before that she's always been jealous of my wife's backside, which is on the big side for her frame, and my wife is jealous of her sister who has always been very tall and lean.

Both of these women look great in a swimsuit in their own way. Why can't people just be happy with the way they're put together. I've told my sister in-law that for every guy that's into women with curves, there is a guy that will be into a woman with a toned athletic body like hers. I just don't get why someone would take the risk.

Not your business

Old 08-01-2018, 08:02 AM

10,693 posts, read 3,434,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Butt implants have a higher failure rate than other implants. I suppose "rearranging fat" is probably safer but may not have the dramatic impact she's looking for? If I was going to do something to my body, that wouldn't be the first thing but I guess if she's good with the rest of her body then good luck!

Rearranging fat would probably look better and feel better, but I'm no doctor! My neighbor had a double mastectomy done. Each breast was done separately however, and one was reconstructed with an implant and the other with fat from her stomach. She much more prefers the look and feel of the one that was reconstructed using the body fat from her stomach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or