Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2018, 01:51 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,619,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crd08 View Post
If she qualifies and is getting a BBL, they take her own fat from somewhere else via lipo. They then process and purify it and it's injected into the butt to make it perkier/bigger/rounder/whatever the goal is. If it's all done correctly, the result should be long lasting.

She won't be able to sit directly on her butt for 2-3 weeks and she will have to wear special compression undergarments. And of course there's risks, as with any surgery. Fat embolism is very rare, but possibly fatal. A good surgeon is a must and won't be cheap. Waiting lists are usually long.
No matter how good the surgeon, the risks are gigantic. Anyone electing to cut their bodies are half nuts or more than half, I consider myself there with elective hip replacement. I'm living the complications.

Once done, surgeries can NOT be undone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2018, 02:04 PM

23,015 posts, read 18,343,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
This kind of thinking has become so "cool."

Sure - just wantonly slice your body open - then cut stuff out - take lots of drugs - "it's your body, you can do anything you want to it."

Unethical doctors love this kind of thinking.

No thought to risks, infections, long-term effects (in the case of implants which have a ten year max life-span - which means you are supposed to have additional surgeries every ten years!), etc. It's all "it's your body, so go for it."

Shallow, unethical people, shallow, unethical (stupid) culture.
nobodysbusiness, it's very easy to change your forum name to better reflect a sanctimonious attitude.

Old 07-31-2018, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider99 View Post
Is this a pretty safe procedure then? I don't have a dog in the fight. I don't think it's a good decision, but like you said, it's her body. My wife is the one that has been vocal about it.
Not something I'd ever do for vanity's sake, but it is her decision....hopefully researched well ahead of time. It makes me feel sad for someone who goes to this extent in order to like themselves. Some people are impossible to satisfy or they have a skewed body image. That could lead to more and more attempts to create "perfection". Then of course a procedure won't fix what might be imperfect in the person as a whole. Pretty frightening stuff.

Old 07-31-2018, 02:35 PM

11,022 posts, read 6,564,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
No matter how good the surgeon, the risks are gigantic. Anyone electing to cut their bodies are half nuts or more than half, I consider myself there with elective hip replacement. I'm living the complications.

Once done, surgeries can NOT be undone.
Yes, but you'd be a cripple without the hip replacement, right? I know I would be. Not really the same as butt-enhancement.

I've heard awful things about the latter, as compared to other cosmetic procedures.

Old 07-31-2018, 02:39 PM

3,466 posts, read 7,208,735 times
This needs some before and after pictures...

Old 07-31-2018, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Yes, but you'd be a cripple without the hip replacement, right? I know I would be. Not really the same as butt-enhancement.

I've heard awful things about the latter, as compared to other cosmetic procedures.
I don't know where I'd be IF I had not done it...I'm a partial disabled person now with a replacement and I know it's not the butt issue but it was elective surgery.

Old 07-31-2018, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinB View Post
This needs some before and after pictures...
More like before and after life. I knew someone who did other type enhancement and infection and removal and done again and out for good, this person lives with dementia..could be from all the surgeries.

Old 07-31-2018, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post

Then of course there are those who would have died as infants or children without surgery. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've never heard of any herb that corrects congenital heart defects.

Old 07-31-2018, 03:35 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,750,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
More like before and after life. I knew someone who did other type enhancement and infection and removal and done again and out for good, this person lives with dementia..could be from all the surgeries.
I’d never have surgery unless it was for a very strong reason, but surgery doesn’t cause dementia. The reasons to be cautious about surgery are plenty without making more up.

Old 07-31-2018, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Then of course there are those who would have died as infants or children without surgery. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've never heard of any herb that corrects congenital heart defects.
There is emergency or critical surgeries and there are elective surgeries, the patient chooses. You don't see a difference? Not talking herbs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness