U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2018, 01:01 PM

18,611 posts, read 6,072,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
Maybe I am not taking enough? Maybe its a bad quality? C'mon

So far there is no proven evidence that grape seed oil does anything.

If we are all different why do you use anecdotal evidence to make your arguments?
I'm not talking about OIL, I don't even use grape seed oil, I use extract capsules. I have NOT said a word here about OIL from grapes ever...do you even know what I've said and does it really matter.....

For me it's my truth and if you choose not to believe me, then don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2018, 05:24 PM

5,374 posts, read 3,358,770 times
Quote:
Regarding grape seed extract your go to panacea, I have now been taking it for about 9 months - on your recommendation. I was desperate for any kind of relief. So far it has done nada, zip, zero, zilch for my neuropathy. And I did get the flu in January.

I'm sorry to hear that, on both counts.

Old 08-05-2018, 05:48 PM

4,829 posts, read 5,886,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I'm not talking about OIL, I don't even use grape seed oil, I use extract capsules. I have NOT said a word here about OIL from grapes ever...do you even know what I've said and does it really matter.....

For me it's my truth and if you choose not to believe me, then don't.
I am taking the capsules. My mistake when I said oil, I meant extract. And they are not doing anything for me as far as I can tell. I am going to take them until their bottle runs out but I wont be getting another.
So far there has been zero research done on the effectiveness of this supplement. You can shout your anecdotal evidence from the roof tops but unfortunately that is all it is.

Old 08-05-2018, 06:28 PM

7,062 posts, read 2,191,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
It could be peripheral neuropathy.

Mayo Clinic says...

Losing your balance while walking, or feeling imbalanced, can result from:
  • Vestibular problems. Abnormalities in your inner ear can cause a sensation of a floating or heavy head, and unsteadiness in the dark.
  • Nerve damage to your legs (peripheral neuropathy). The damage can lead to difficulties with walking.
  • Joint, muscle or vision problems. Muscle weakness and unstable joints can contribute to your loss of balance. Difficulties with eyesight also can lead to unsteadiness.
  • Medications. Loss of balance or unsteadiness can be a side effect of medications.
  • Certain neurologic conditions. These include cervical spondylosis and Parkinson's disease.
I have the first: a vestibular problem resulting from an inner ear infection that went untreated. I also lost 90% of the hearing in that ear. I cannot maintain my balance in the dark.

If you work out, emphasis on the core is important and should help you maintain your balance.

Look in to the possibility that the neuropathy in your feet might be caused by shingles. The new Shingrix vaccine could be effective in eliminating or reducing this.

Old 08-05-2018, 06:42 PM

926 posts, read 582,742 times
Quote:
Correlation does not mean causation.
Regarding grape seed extract your go to panacea, I have now been taking it for about 9 months - on your recommendation. I was desperate for any kind of relief. So far it has done nada, zip, zero, zilch for my neuropathy. And I did get the flu in January.

Whoa, this is shocking...qwackadoodle-doo snake oil cure gleaned from an internet poster has not cured a nerve disease? Simply stunning.

Old 08-05-2018, 06:51 PM

4,829 posts, read 5,886,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
Whoa, this is shocking...qwackadoodle-doo snake oil cure gleaned from an internet poster has not cured a nerve disease? Simply stunning.
I know! But hey, I was willing to do just about anything at that point. Am I surprised it did not alleviate my symptoms? Not at all. I was just throwing **** at a wall and hoping something would stick.

Old 08-05-2018, 06:58 PM

3,102 posts, read 1,204,250 times
I have peripheral neuropathy from taking flagyl. It improved for a while, then started getting worse; the doctor said aging was the cause. I was about 55 at the time.

However, my feet don't hurt, and my balance is o.k.--it just feels like I'm wearing a thick pair of socks that are a couple sizes too small. Or like my skin is an inch thick. I can't wear flip flops anymore, I just walk out of them and don't realize until I step on a rock. That I can feel.

Actually, I often get foot cramps, but now they don't hurt. Not a bad tradeoff for losing my zori collection.

Old 08-05-2018, 07:22 PM

27,343 posts, read 17,563,569 times
For some reason my sense of balance was shot after I started getting symptoms of RA/FM.

I used the balance boards at the gym, started on bi-directional and then the omni-directional, got stable on both feet and then progressed to one foot.

Yoga also helped.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum (on loan)

Old 08-05-2018, 07:47 PM

4,035 posts, read 1,694,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Your body and mine are different..I have not had a cold or flu in some 20 yrs. As for the neuropathy I take other things too. And I've said my friend is off the gabapentin for the 20 some yrs of neuropathy she lives with, been taking grape seed ex for about 8 yrs. Neuropathy is not totally gone but she is improved and she's 85.

We are all DIFFERENT....maybe you are not taking enough, maybe not a quality product. Don't know.

And I've not touched an allergy sinus drug in 23 yrs.

Talking to my friend here who helps me with shopping and he's taking 200mg daily for a few weeks for general health and to hopefully keep prostate cancer from his body, says he's going to jump to 200mg two times daily. He's dealing with a head full of ocean water since he's a surfer and gets polluted with dirty ocean water...so he's working on that, and is not going to stop his surfing at 55.
His head is full of ocean water??? His head is polluted?

Old 08-05-2018, 08:05 PM

18,611 posts, read 6,072,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
His head is full of ocean water??? His head is polluted?
Yes, did you read what I said.. He's a water surfer and goes under the water a lot and gets a lot of water in his ears and nose etc...so it's part of the sport.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or