Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2018, 04:14 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Do you know WHY. I never heard the words nerve damage until maybe 20 yrs ago. My folks never mentioned it. Nor my family members.
I guess I won the lottery for crummy genetics, born with a painful, troublesome curse in my genes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2018, 04:41 PM

4,255 posts, read 5,933,291 times
The OP might want to try neuro-acupuncture if it's available in her area. I'm trying it currently (well, not as I type this) for a couple issues which may or may not be neurological. But for some people it has gotten amazing results for neurological issues. The placement of needles in neuro-acupuncture is based on western neurology's knowledge of which areas of the brain typically correspond to which brain functions (with, I think, some use of points related to other parts of the nervous system--but most of it is scalp-oriented):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-st02qJ76vs
https://kfoxtv.com/news/special-assi...uroacupuncture
http://www.santafenewmexican.com/new...3d3fac3ac.html

INTERNATIONAL ACADEMY OF SCALP ACUPUNCTURE |

Last edited by ApartmentNomad; 08-04-2018 at 04:55 PM..

Old 08-04-2018, 11:37 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,221,568 times
Quote:
oh good grief, if only more used them so many would be tons healthier.
Fortunately for the health and well being of most of the country, naturopaths are only allowed to practice their particular brand of quackery in 16 states...

Old 08-04-2018, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Check with local Physical Therapist that specializes in balance and falls

Balance and Falls
Agree with Mike, PT would be a good place to start.

Deserterer's suggestion of Tai Chai is also excellent..

Old 08-05-2018, 09:41 AM

6,103 posts, read 8,812,763 times
Quote:
Do you know WHY. I never heard the words nerve damage until maybe 20 yrs ago. My folks never mentioned it. Nor my family members.
Just because YOU never heard of it or your family members never heard of it doesn't mean it was not around. With the internet and message boards we are able to find out all kinds of stuff that we were not aware of before.

Old 08-05-2018, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
Just because YOU never heard of it or your family members never heard of it doesn't mean it was not around. With the internet and message boards we are able to find out all kinds of stuff that we were not aware of before.
That's a common tactic she uses....if her parent's never heard of a condition when they were alive apparently it is questionable the condition actually exists.

I have never understood the logic behind that line of "reasoning" she uses it all the time regarding "cholesterol"

What is particularly fascinating is it only seems to matter if her "parents heard of something" if she questions the validity.

I would be willing to bet her parents never heard of grape seed extract or stem cell therapy either but apparently that is OK

Old 08-05-2018, 11:03 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,728,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
That's a common tactic she uses....if her parent's never heard of a condition when they were alive apparently it is questionable the condition actually exists.

I have never understood the logic behind that line of "reasoning" she uses it all the time regarding "cholesterol"

What is particularly fascinating is it only seems to matter if her "parents heard of something" if she questions the validity.

I would be willing to bet her parents never heard of grape seed extract or stem cell therapy either but apparently that is OK
Oh you are wrong, mom took grape seed ex for about 5 yrs..never had another cold or cold sore or flu and she died at 91 from heart wearing out.

BD: I think it's not very kosher to talk about others to members of the group. Happens so much with some of you. Rather unprofessional of many around here. Why not DM your friends to talk about me?

Last edited by jaminhealth; 08-05-2018 at 11:20 AM..

Old 08-05-2018, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Oh you are wrong, mom took grape seed ex for about 5 yrs..never had another cold or cold sore or flu and she died at 91 from heart wearing out.

BD: I think it's not very kosher to talk about others to members of the group. Happens so much with some of you. Rather unprofessional of many around here. Why not DM your friends to talk about me?
Correlation does not mean causation.
Regarding grape seed extract your go to panacea, I have now been taking it for about 9 months - on your recommendation. I was desperate for any kind of relief. So far it has done nada, zip, zero, zilch for my neuropathy. And I did get the flu in January.

Old 08-05-2018, 12:37 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,728,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
Correlation does not mean causation.
Regarding grape seed extract your go to panacea, I have now been taking it for about 9 months - on your recommendation. I was desperate for any kind of relief. So far it has done nada, zip, zero, zilch for my neuropathy. And I did get the flu in January.
Your body and mine are different..I have not had a cold or flu in some 20 yrs. As for the neuropathy I take other things too. And I've said my friend is off the gabapentin for the 20 some yrs of neuropathy she lives with, been taking grape seed ex for about 8 yrs. Neuropathy is not totally gone but she is improved and she's 85.

We are all DIFFERENT....maybe you are not taking enough, maybe not a quality product. Don't know.

And I've not touched an allergy sinus drug in 23 yrs.

Talking to my friend here who helps me with shopping and he's taking 200mg daily for a few weeks for general health and to hopefully keep prostate cancer from his body, says he's going to jump to 200mg two times daily. He's dealing with a head full of ocean water since he's a surfer and gets polluted with dirty ocean water...so he's working on that, and is not going to stop his surfing at 55.

Old 08-05-2018, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Your body and mine are different..I have not had a cold or flu in some 20 yrs. As for the neuropathy I take other things too. And I've said my friend is off the gabapentin for the 20 some yrs of neuropathy she lives with, been taking grape seed ex for about 8 yrs. Neuropathy is not totally gone but she is improved and she's 85.

We are all DIFFERENT....maybe you are not taking enough, maybe not a quality product. Don't know.

And I've not touched an allergy sinus drug in 23 yrs.

Talking to my friend here who helps me with shopping and he's taking 200mg daily for a few weeks for general health and to hopefully keep prostate cancer from his body, says he's going to jump to 200mg two times daily. He's dealing with a head full of ocean water since he's a surfer and gets polluted with dirty ocean water...so he's working on that, and is not going to stop his surfing at 55.
Maybe I am not taking enough? Maybe its a bad quality? C'mon

So far there is no proven evidence that grape seed oil does anything.

If we are all different why do you use anecdotal evidence to make your arguments?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness