Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 09:16 PM

14,299 posts, read 11,677,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
The OP has PCOS, which can cause irregular periods or no periods at all. Is it really practical for her to go take an pregnancy test over and over? In this case, there may be a very logical explanation why she is late, and only a doctor is going to be able to tell her if her hormones are causing the problem.

This is not a situation where there is a woman with no known issues who has a late period. Specific treatment might be recommended if she is having a flare up.
She only needs to take one. Since she is now 30 and has been having regular periods since her teens, I'm hardly recommending buying pregnancy tests by the case.

"Go to the doctor, who will be able to tell you want the problem is" sounds so beautifully simple, but isn't, as any woman with irregular cycles who has tried this will tell you.

I had very irregular periods until after my second child was born. I also had difficulty conceiving and went through various tests and treatments, but no doctor was able to pin down exactly what the problem was. I may or may not have PCOS, which is kind of a "catchall" diagnosis which may include a variety of symptoms that occur for a variety of reasons. What's more, a woman's hormones vary from day to day over the course of a month. Testing now will not reveal what the OP's hormone levels were three weeks ago when she should have ovulated, and it is highly unlikely that any doctor will be able to tell her precisely why her period is late for the first time in over a decade.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2018, 06:15 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,004,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbelle View Post
Not fun

I don't get you probably due to language barrier, the article talks about broken condoms even in a very small hole, mine was not broken.

Unless you examined that condom under a microscope, you have no idea if there's a hole in it or not..all it takes is ONE sperm.......take a pregnancy test...today.

Old 08-22-2018, 11:12 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,537,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
A test is $10 at the drug store. Quick, easy answer. Why are you on here instead of heading to the drug store?

I'm also a little dismayed that a 30 year old woman is so poorly informed about conception. Yes, you could have gotten pregnant even with a condom. Yes, you can get pregnant rubbing genitals if you are both naked below the waist. Sperm are incredible little swimmers, and if they are in a film of vaginal moisture on your skin adjacent to the vaginal opening, they can swim through it towards their target. Men produce a small amount of sperm at the beginning of stimulation, a sort of pre-ejaculate, just a little drop. That drop contains thousands of little swimmers. If you don't put the condom on until a bit later, that little drop might have just gotten you pregnant if it was in the vagina, or just right next to it. Educate yourself please. See your doctor for a better form of birth control for the future. Quit wringing your hands and go buy a test.
Exactly what I was going to say. Not having intercourse but even slight sexual contact of the genitals can certainly cause pregnancy.

Yes, go buy a pregnancy test (or two if you don't believe the first one either way). Then you'll know for sure.

Old 08-27-2018, 01:41 AM

1,646 posts, read 3,486,225 times
Thank you for all the answers and the advice in the forum, finally I got my period 8 or 9 days later while I was on holiday, I suppose I was more relaxed and fortunately it came. Anyway I am going to control the future dates in case I have PCOS problems flaring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post

I think the OP may live outside the US where the costs, etc, may be different. She said there was a language barrier.
I live in Spain, but I am not sure how much a test costs here, probably some brands the same as in the US 10USD = 8 Euros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
OK, sorry, I didn't know there was any problem with language barrier.
No problem, thats is good it means my English is good lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness