U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2018, 01:32 PM

9,170 posts, read 6,355,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Let's not forget Planned Parenthood as a source of free BC of all kinds, free counseling on bc choices, free MD or nurse services for application of BC methods that require that, and free reproductive health checkups, including STD testing. They're still alive and kicking, with multiple offices in many states.

Actually Planned Parenthood charges for its services, those services are not automatically free. Their charges look to be on a sliding scale, depending on the person's income, and there may be instances in the case of very low income where they may charge nothing for their services.

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/pl...ur-health-care
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2018, 01:58 PM

3,140 posts, read 1,230,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
If you are younger and don’t have kids, it can be hard to convince a doctor to do it. I have a friend who got a vasectomy when he didn’t have kids, but he said it was really difficult to get a doctor to do it. He was married (or at least in a stable, long-term relationship) at the time and they had agreed they weren’t having kids. Doctors kept telling him they’d change their minds. He has a chronic health condition and I think she also has health issues, so they just weren’t up to having children.
I went in to have my tubes tied at age 23 and single. The clinic staff discussed it with me, saying, "what if you meet Mr. Right, but he wants kids?" I said, "Then he's not Mr. Right." They did the procedure. Mr. Right did want kids, but wanted me more. No regrets after 35 years of marriage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or