U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2019, 11:56 AM

26,130 posts, read 9,321,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindi Waters View Post
I stopped drinking low/no calorie beverages, but today I had Dasani sparkling water with a flavor enhancer at a Wendy's. I like seltzer or sparkling water, but I think that's what did the job with my bladder, pressing me so hard it was painful. No more of that for me. I don't know the content of such a drink (sparkling water w/flavoring but low-cal, I should find out) but I'll try to find out.
Forget the sparking stuff maybe??? Drink good clean spring water. I don't touch that sparking something about the phosporous -- I'm very accustomed to plain clean water.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2019, 12:43 PM

1,053 posts, read 360,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlady View Post
Was it a bit sweet? If so then it likely had acesulfame potassium or aspartame, both of which hurt my bladder the but the Ace K worse than the others. I found this when I googled:

Dasani flavored water contains natural flavors, citric acid, phosphoric acid, acesulfame potassium, aspartame and sucralose, all of which provide the beverage with its flavor, according to the manufacturer's website.
Yes, thanks. It didn't have content on the machine, but it was a tad bit hardly noticeable sweet. Not very sweet. In the future I will certainly be more careful.

Old 11-17-2019, 01:49 PM

10,119 posts, read 6,681,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
On the Kegel work it's..Contract/Release and since I last posted I'm doing this 10 times and thinking do these exercises could strengthen the pelvic area a lot. Just have to do them. I'm going to keep doing them too, trying 3 sets daily as I get up several times during the night.

TMI

Yes, do Kegels (both men and women)

Getting up at night is normal, just pee then go back to sleep

Old 11-17-2019, 05:41 PM

356 posts, read 95,821 times
Quote:
So what suggestions do you have for those afflicted with frequent urination at night when you're trying to sleep? From what I'm reading, it seems the body produces urine whether you drink water or not. They suggest stop drinking by 4 p.m. If you don't drink water then the urine can get more concentrated, but the body still produces it. I have to get up several times in the night to urinate and it ruins my sleep.
Several years ago I asked my urologist what was the best thing to do concerning similar circumstances. He immediately told me it wasn't to hold back liquids. Far too many people are dehydrated for the sake of urinating less. He stressed that a well-hydrated person who may have to urinate at night sleeps generally much better than a dehydrated person does.

Old 11-17-2019, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellacatahoula View Post
Several years ago I asked my urologist what was the best thing to do concerning similar circumstances. He immediately told me it wasn't to hold back liquids. Far too many people are dehydrated for the sake of urinating less. He stressed that a well-hydrated person who may have to urinate at night sleeps generally much better than a dehydrated person does.
That seems reasonable. I was depressed today and so didn't get out of bed but kept thinking about drinking water. So as soon as I got up I did drink.

Old 11-17-2019, 08:59 PM

356 posts, read 95,821 times
Quote:
That seems reasonable. I was depressed today and so didn't get out of bed but kept thinking about drinking water. So as soon as I got up I did drink.
One of the easiest and most beneficial things we can do for our own health is to consume plenty of water each day. Everything works better if properly hydrated.

Old 11-17-2019, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellacatahoula View Post
One of the easiest and most beneficial things we can do for our own health is to consume plenty of water each day. Everything works better if properly hydrated.
I believe that, which reminds me to drink some more water now. Even though it's bed time. Or should be.

Old 11-18-2019, 03:02 AM

5,603 posts, read 2,143,852 times
Chamber pot under the bed.

Old 11-18-2019, 06:40 PM

88 posts, read 10,352 times
Drink plenty of water during the day. A few sips before bed if you need to swallow medicine is all you need at night, if you're drinking enough all day long.

Old 11-18-2019, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlady View Post
Was it a bit sweet? If so then it likely had acesulfame potassium or aspartame, both of which hurt my bladder the but the Ace K worse than the others. I found this when I googled:

Dasani flavored water contains natural flavors, citric acid, phosphoric acid, acesulfame potassium, aspartame and sucralose, all of which provide the beverage with its flavor, according to the manufacturer's website.
Thanks again.
I checked the side effects of erythritol which was added to the stevia packets (Truvia) I bought. And I see that erythritol is considered to have irritating effects for some. Then I checked another package of Stevia blended with cane sugar, and saw it also has erythritol in the ingredients, even though the cover says "Stevia and Cane Sugar." And some packages say, "and natural flavors." What does that mean? I will be more conscious of these things because -- I don't want the pain that may be associated with this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness