Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2018, 08:37 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times

Advertisements

I had shingles in my eye and on my forehead above that eye. The first symptoms were a horrible, horrible headache that wouldn't go away for a couple of days and a low grade fever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2018, 09:55 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
For those of you (us) that have had shingles-did you have even vague symptoms prior to the blister formations?

I was visiting with a friend today and into the evening. She kept touching the right side of her face and said it was tingling, felt like something was crawling on it then said it felt numb in the area

Now the last time (my 3rd go round) I had shingles the area above my lip felt numb all evening. Then would kind of feel like a sunburn. The blisters broke out the next day above the lip and fairly close to my nose.

I honestly don't want to alarm her but I have no idea what the sensations she's feeling could be, except shingles. I told her to let me know tomorrow how she's feeling. I then came home and looked up symptoms prior to outbreak and those can include the sensations. But also can include headaches, a low grade fever and nausea.

Can someone else chime in with your experience prior to the outbreak??

TIA
If shingles is even a consideration, treatment should be started right away. The medication is relatively inexpensive and usually well tolerated.

Old 09-03-2018, 10:55 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,793,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
If shingles is even a consideration, treatment should be started right away. The medication is relatively inexpensive and usually well tolerated.
that's what I explained to her today. But here it is night 2 and she is "waiting" to see what happens

Old 09-04-2018, 12:46 AM

2,773 posts, read 5,725,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
I had shingles in my eye and on my forehead above that eye. The first symptoms were a horrible, horrible headache that wouldn't go away for a couple of days and a low grade fever.

I had close to this that started with the worst earache imaginable. I was immediately admitted to the hospital for intensive antibiotics because my Dr was afraid of the eye getting infected.
When all was said and done, I ended up with the ganglia of nerves surrounding my ear, neck and jawline getting infected with shingles. Not pretty.

Old 09-04-2018, 06:35 AM

2,819 posts, read 2,584,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
That’s exactly where mine was. I thought it was a severe acne issue that kind of hurt and couldn’t go away...it was shingles.

Old 09-04-2018, 08:13 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,793,169 times
an "Update" if you can call it that. So I texted my friend this morning to ask if there had been any change. She responded with, "oh no, I don't know. I had not thought about it today"

Thanks for all the responses guys!

Old 09-04-2018, 10:47 AM

5,989 posts, read 6,780,482 times
I had sensitivity of my skin from axilla to mid back on one side, then noticed a bit of slight red rash (not yet vesicular) in the axilla, and thought - shingles! Began acyclovir 200 mg every 4 hours while awake, and nipped it in the bud. I'm sure it was the beginning of shingles. Receded within 48 hrs of beginning treatment. I now keep acyclovir in the house (it's a $4 generic at walmart), just in case. Haven't yet gotten Shingrix. Don't know if my MD carries it, or if it would be covered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness