U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2018, 10:56 AM

13 posts, read 2,199 times

Advertisements

It will probably be a waste of money, but i am going INSANE! I have never been so depressed, ever!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2018, 11:30 AM

3,344 posts, read 925,925 times
Dermatologists don't want to think about your problem for more than 15 minutes. Not even that. They will say it's idiopathic (they don't know what it is) and give you prednisone.

Old 09-05-2018, 11:34 AM

yeah, you are right. i just have to find out what it is because i am going CRAZY, this sucks so much.

Old 09-05-2018, 11:52 AM

15,527 posts, read 29,240,196 times
Your description does not sound like bed bug bites to me.

Call a pests control service and have them come and look. That's what they do. Most people think that bed bugs are ninjas or phantoms or something. If you have them, you WILL SEE THEM if you go looking. Also, look for little black dots up at the corners and around the sides of the encasements. That is their excrement. It seems unlikely that you would be bitten but your SO would not. It could be mosquitoes, chiggers or some other type of bug.

Old 09-05-2018, 11:57 AM

I have heard so many stories where exterminators have been unsuccessful, in diagnosing / getting rid of the issues regardless of what it is. i am NOT willing to pay loads of money for something that is going to be unsuccessful. I do not know why but i have it in my mind that I have bb. I have looked and i have NOT saw any kind of signs of bb. I wake up between 2-4am and shine my phone flash light all over the bed and have yet to see anything. i will say since i have cleaned / and put encasement on my bed i have been getting bitten a little less. all i have on my room is my bed, head board, tv on a stand and another small stand in the corner. NO clothes or anything so my room is not over loaded with items ( less places for them to hide.) but it is ruining my LIFE and relationship. It is all i can talk about, think about.. etc

Old 09-05-2018, 01:07 PM

8,144 posts, read 7,469,555 times
Sounds like you are using Diatomaceous Earth which really (I think) only works for fleas and not bed bugs.

I agree, don't use the chemical flea stuff on your dog, just wash with Dawn and continue with the Diatomaceous Earth. Sprinkle it around your doors.

Last edited by in_newengland; 09-06-2018 at 10:32 AM.. Reason: cleared up misspelling for clarification

Old 09-05-2018, 01:13 PM

Correct, it is not name brand i could not find the name brand one in Walmart. On the front of the bottle it says BED BUG KILLER but also list that it kills ants, flees, roaches... anything with those type casing on them. When pests contact Maggie's Farm Bed Bug Killer, the dust clings to their exoskeleton and absorbs the waxy coating, causing death from dehydration.

Old 09-05-2018, 03:03 PM

1,022 posts, read 384,204 times
Diatomaceous Earth can be a skin, lung, and mucous membrane irritant, so be careful.

You seem to feel sure it's bedbugs, OP, but you said your dog has fleas...wouldn't that be the most reasonable explanation? You might not have pets or carpet in your bedroom, but you do move in and out of the bedroom, and even a stray flea can bite several times. They do tend to bite in lines along veins, and they are hard to spot. So, yeah--you have fleas in your home/yard. You've got to treat the pet(s) and get rid of them or you'll keep getting them. You may not like chemicals, but your pet doesn't like fleas.

Old 09-05-2018, 06:46 PM

51 posts, read 12,164 times
https://www.pests.org/identifying-bug-bites/

Sounds like fleas.

Old 09-05-2018, 09:07 PM

2,685 posts, read 963,998 times
You can get some bed bug traps. I know Home Depot carries them. If you catch anything at all, you can at least see what it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness