U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2018, 11:44 AM

1,356 posts, read 651,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
Damn. Now you all have me concerned. Everything feels good but this occasional minor pain that is pretty spaced out. But yeah, maybe I'll get going.

I agree that you should go in, today. Better safe than sorry when it comes to chest pain. Let us know how it goes, okay?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2018, 02:09 PM

7,646 posts, read 5,402,223 times
Quote:
For 2-3 days now I've been getting periodically slight sharp pains right over the heart. Comes and goes within a second or two. May get a few in a row then nothing for some time. I feel fine and have no symptoms I can elaborate on except for what I've explained here. I have no history of heart issues and nearly 60 yoa. No high BP either.

If no other symptoms are there is something to be concerned about?
Why did you post this instead of calling 911?

Heart symptoms can be masked in many people

Old 09-06-2018, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Damn. Now you all have me concerned. Everything feels good but this occasional minor pain that is pretty spaced out. But yeah, maybe I'll get going.

No MAYBE, Go NOW!!!

Old 09-06-2018, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimG2 View Post
And when you go to the desk at the ER and say you have chest pains.....you get brought in immediately
It really is amazing how well the words "CHEST PAIN" cuts through hospital red tape!

Old 09-06-2018, 02:33 PM

187 posts, read 80,941 times
Quote:
For 2-3 days now I've been getting periodically slight sharp pains right over the heart. Comes and goes within a second or two. May get a few in a row then nothing for some time. I feel fine and have no symptoms I can elaborate on except for what I've explained here. I have no history of heart issues and nearly 60 yoa. No high BP either.

If no other symptoms are there is something to be concerned about?

It is reassuring that there are no other symptoms, no cardiac history and no high BP.
I'll bet you are fine but....

at 60 years old any pain you feel above your waist that cant be explained should be checked out quickly.

per other CD posters I agree with a trip to the ER and I hope its boring and uneventful

You can expect an ekg, blood draw (cardiac panel) and to be placed on a monitor. Even if you check out OK you might have to stay for a few hours for a repeat blood draw.

Last edited by royalabran; 09-06-2018 at 02:34 PM.. Reason: error

Old 09-07-2018, 04:43 AM

582 posts, read 184,379 times
No update from the OP..... Hope he went to the ER yesterday, got checked out and it was nothing.

Old 09-07-2018, 05:59 AM

6,348 posts, read 10,319,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimG2 View Post
No update from the OP..... Hope he went to the ER yesterday, got checked out and it was nothing.

Sorry for the delay. I have not gone in and I'm ready for the butt-chewing. It happened a few times yesterday and not again all night and not yet today. The lack of anything else has me feeling I'll be wasting everyone's time by going. I know I'm giving dumb excuses but I'm a guy.

Old 09-07-2018, 06:45 AM

9,096 posts, read 3,918,635 times
Have you done any unusual exercise? I was having chest pains when I was in my 40's and my hubby took me to the hospital. It turned out to be some weird thing in the chest wall after lifting weights. However if you are a 60 year old guy I would go just in case. These pains could be a warning sign. Better safe than sorry (or dead).

Old 09-07-2018, 06:49 AM

582 posts, read 184,379 times
The only thing that hurts when you go to the ER is the needle to draw blood..... WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR??

You have heard from a lot of people with stories about heart issues....I told you two, on 50 year old women.... One (mine) survived having a heart attack that she never knew she had, the other wasn't as lucky. I have another, my former brother inlaw when he was in his mid 50's had some chest pains, went to his regular doctor, who told him he was having a heart attack. Doctor called an ambulance to take him ACROSS THE STREET to the hospital.... He woke up two weeks later in the ICU of the specialty cardiac unit of a different hospital after heart surgery.

No cure for dead....

Old 09-07-2018, 06:56 AM

1,792 posts, read 2,383,076 times
Quote:
Sorry for the delay. I have not gone in and I'm ready for the butt-chewing. It happened a few times yesterday and not again all night and not yet today. The lack of anything else has me feeling I'll be wasting everyone's time by going. I know I'm giving dumb excuses but I'm a guy.
I'm not sure why you're posting here if you know you're going to get a "butt-chewing" but you refuse to do anything about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness