Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2018, 11:44 AM

1 posts, read 563 times

Advertisements

For the past 2 weeks I have been having sharp pains in the right side of my stomach and have been feeling extremely nauseous afterwards. It lasts for around 20-30 minutes but seems like it is getting worse. I have done some searching and believe it could have something to do with my gallbladder, however im not sure.. I am on a decent diet but have been eating out more in recent months.

Is there any types of foods that I should be avoiding specifically? and is there anything else I should look out for?

And what can I do to minimize the pain / reduce the effects overall?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2018, 02:08 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,477,098 times
Fats and alcohol are known to affect the gallbladder, especially fried foods. The nausea part could also mean your liver.

Where is the pain exactly? If it's higher up, near the rib cage or shoulder blade it could be the gallbladder, if it's lower down above the waist, it could be liver. If it's lower side on the back it could be kidney. It could be a lot of things.

Have you had lab work done recently? Check your liver enzymes.

https://www.healthline.com/health/ga...foods-to-avoid

Last edited by gguerra; 09-07-2018 at 02:25 PM..

Old 09-07-2018, 02:18 PM

696 posts, read 703,619 times
Definitely see a doctor RIGHT AWAY.

Believe it or not, untreated gallbladder disease can kill you. My gastroenterologist found that bile was backing into my liver, even though I was not having an attack. My gallbladder, which was full of stones, was removed in 1996, and I feel soooo much better!

Old 09-07-2018, 03:21 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times
OP: There are MANY sites one can go to on Gall Bladder support including DIET, whether one has their GB or does not. We also have some links in the Alt Med area here. I have my GB but still follow some of the info and take a support for the last couple yrs that has made a major difference for me in elimination. Also, there are books written on G.B. health and I heard one of the authors last night, Ann Louise Gittleman talking about this issue.

Old 09-07-2018, 07:49 PM

17,575 posts, read 13,355,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paramus70 View Post
For the past 2 weeks I have been having sharp pains in the right side of my stomach and have been feeling extremely nauseous afterwards. It lasts for around 20-30 minutes but seems like it is getting worse. I have done some searching and believe it could have something to do with my gallbladder, however im not sure.. I am on a decent diet but have been eating out more in recent months.

Is there any types of foods that I should be avoiding specifically? and is there anything else I should look out for?

And what can I do to minimize the pain / reduce the effects overall?
If pain is lower right quadrant with nausea it sounds like appendicitis. Do not diagnose via web-forum!!!!!!!

Call MD!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness