Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2018, 03:21 PM

17,571 posts, read 13,350,601 times

Advertisements

In just the past few weeks we had chest pain, seizures, stomach pain, possible pregnancy and who knows what I forgot!

If you seek emergency help, THIS IS NOT THE PLACE FOR YOU TO LOOK!

GO to YOUR DOCTOR OR HOSPITAL! If really bad, CALL 911!!!!!!

There is NOTHING that anyone here can do to help you. Even if we are professionals, we cannot look at a computer screen and wee what the Hell is wrong with you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2018, 04:07 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,749,428 times
OP: This forum is full of history on asking questions about health issues, why even have this forum? My body is full of OA pain and I don't run to doctors, don't care if I ever see one again. My good friend and I talk about this as she's come down with hip or some joint pain issues and has already had a steroid injection and won't do anymore. She knows extra weight is a big one in her life, she needs to take off the weight and telling me today, the doctor(s) she's seen about this pain has NOT mentioned the extra weight. She will mention it to them. They say, oh yea, that would help.

I guess I missed the posts asking for Emergency Help in the last couple weeks or so. ummm

Looks like the history of this H&W group goes back to 2006 and it's still working for many. Now, it's not?

Last edited by jaminhealth; 09-08-2018 at 05:06 PM..

Old 09-08-2018, 04:12 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,855,774 times
[quote=mike1003;53032238]In just the past few weeks we had chest pain, seizures, stomach pain, possible pregnancy and who knows what I forgot!

If you seek emergency help, THIS IS NOT THE PLACE FOR YOU TO LOOK!

GO to YOUR DOCTOR OR HOSPITAL! If really bad, CALL 911!!!!!!

There is NOTHING that anyone here can do to help you. Even if we are professionals, we cannot look at a computer screen and wee what the Hell is wrong with you[/QUOTE

---------------::::::::::::
I'm with you mike1003.

It's worrisome to see people rely on cd site for serious medical problems. If you want to know what the recovery period from a certain surgery might be like, ok...get some responses here.

But....if you have chest pain, seizures, severe headache, difficulty breathing, possible fractures, blood from any orifice, severe trauma, overwhelming emotional breakdown or suicide ideations .....

Do as Mike suggested....see a MD immediately, go to the ER or call 911.

Old 09-08-2018, 04:28 PM

167 posts, read 190,538 times
Denial: “this can’t really be happing to me!”
Financial concerns: “if I go to the hospital I’ll probably get dishaged in5 hours then get. 2k hospital bill next month”
Honest ignorance: “my neck has beeen stiff all day and I can’t bear to open my eyes I’ll just take Tylenol” You’ve got meningitis fella

Old 09-08-2018, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walmill View Post
Denial: “this can’t really be happing to me!”
Financial concerns: “if I go to the hospital I’ll probably get dishaged in5 hours then get. 2k hospital bill next month”
Honest ignorance: “my neck has beeen stiff all day and I can’t bear to open my eyes I’ll just take Tylenol” You’ve got meningitis fella

Agree completely.....maybe the forum serves a purpose if our responses about urgent care being needed makes someone wake up from that denial and get help.

Old 09-08-2018, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Agree completely.....maybe the forum serves a purpose if our responses about urgent care being needed makes someone wake up from that denial and get help.
Didn't do it for the chest pain post

Old 09-08-2018, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Didn't do it for the chest pain post

True.

Old 09-08-2018, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
OP: This forum is full of history on asking questions about health issues, why even have this forum? My body is full of OA pain and I don't run to doctors, don't care if I ever see one again. My good friend and I talk about this as she's come down with hip or some joint pain issues and has already had a steroid injection and won't do anymore. She knows extra weight is a big one in her life, she needs to take off the weight and telling me today, the doctor(s) she's seen about this pain has NOT mentioned the extra weight. She will mention it to them. They say, oh yea, that would help.

I guess I missed the posts asking for Emergency Help in the last couple weeks or so. ummm

Looks like the history of this H&W group goes back to 2006 and it's still working for many. Now, it's not?
I agree with you, almost.

Yes this is the place for aches and pains and simple (or complex) issues that ARE NOT SERIOUS ENOUGH TO SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION.

One I forgot about was the possible macular degeneration or detached retina.

Old 09-08-2018, 06:04 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,781,251 times
There have been other threads started on the same - and ............ we are still clueless why it happens

Old 09-08-2018, 06:20 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,749,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
I agree with you, almost.

Yes this is the place for aches and pains and simple (or complex) issues that ARE NOT SERIOUS ENOUGH TO SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION.

One I forgot about was the possible macular degeneration or detached retina.
This is a point where many start and then seek help if things get worse, etc. Many times this has happened and the posters disappeared. Reasons people come here first can be many, biggest for many is lack of funds and insurance. Not everyone is loaded with means to run to this and that doctor for whatever issues. And I would guess if really serious they would seek out 911 and go from there but again lack of funds is major in the health area.

Just looking at the thread from the chest pain person and no closing report. Hope the OP is OK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness