Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 06:31 PM

7,018 posts, read 6,221,064 times

Advertisements

I know it won't help you today but I have always had bowel problems until I started eating more beans. I knew they were high in fiber but didn't realize just how helpful they were until I started eating them more often.

What a difference it has made. Not only are they healthy, I eat more black beans than others, but I feel so much better and have become a lot more regular.

Also smoothies. I make them with frozen fruits mainly, although I have been experimenting with greens and fruits. I haven't been diligent with them but they also help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2018, 06:35 PM

829 posts, read 755,170 times
MAKE SURE you are drinking PLENTY of WATER!

I understand that ACTIVATED CHARCOAL works wonders for gas, & Apple Cider Vinegar, & Baking Soda has helped people with it, too . . .

"Gas Pain Remedies"
https://www.earthclinic.com/cures/gas.html

"Curing Constipation with Home Remedies"
https://www.earthclinic.com/cures/constipation.html

IF you are impacted, however, the impaction must be removed.

Old 09-18-2018, 06:45 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,843,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taffee72 View Post
Did you try castor oil? That worked for someone I knew.
Castor oil will clean anyone out. Home remedy.

Old 09-19-2018, 05:58 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,075,722 times
Your system is out of whack. The balance between probiotics and prebiotics is off and can cause this. But, I agree with others, since you are painfully impacted you need more immediate help which may mean medical assistance. I wouldn't wait for a referral, 4 days of pain already is 3 days to long imo....this condition is very serious. Emergency room, at least self referral to a G.I. asap.

Start eating foods that are probiotic like sauer kraut, kim chee, drink kefir all types of foods are naturally going to regulate the good and the bad bacteria in your colon. The upset can be caused by many things, even taking antibiotics can upset your intestines. That is why regular intake will help.

Personally I prefer natural foods with the properties needed over otc drugs, which aren't natural....and can cause a dependency imo.

I eat spoon sized shredded wheat every am. I eat kim chee anytime I feel off....or eat hot chiles, beans and such as well.

Then get yourself into a healthy balance of foods routine. Research the various foods that are a natural help for your intestinal balance. the links below can help you. good luck and I hope that you feel better soon. keep us updated.

Balance is achieved by the right amount of probiotics and prebiotics....This link is an article that explains this https://www.healthline.com/nutrition...and-prebiotics

This link discusses the good prebiotic foods https://www.healthline.com/nutrition...rebiotic-foods

Old 09-19-2018, 01:43 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,418,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the city View Post
I went to my medical clinic today and I was given GasX and told to use an Enima. I'm still feeling really bad. Tomorrow I see my doctor to get a referral for a GI.

I'm currently in a lot of pain from gas and constipation build up. This is the second time in 4 months I had this issue. My mom had me try tumeric and some natural stuff. I know it takes a couple hours, but man I am in so much pain from cramping and bloating.

The x-ray showed more gas than constipation but thats probably because it was in the morning and I hadnt eaten much.

I feel like taking the saline laxative again tonight. I'm 27 and male if that helps. Anyone else have this issue or have any suggestions? I didn't work today and I'm using paid sick time tomorrow. I also am on Medical and been at my part time for six months. Im thinking I need to find a full-time job with insurance now.
Anyone in that much agony shouldn't turn to internet strangers for help.

Call your doctor ASAP. Tell him (or her) about your pain. He will squeeze you in for an appointment right away. He might even send you to the emergency ward.

Fiber, water and home remedies are for another day perhaps. Not now!

Old 09-19-2018, 02:33 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,557,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Anyone in that much agony shouldn't turn to internet strangers for help.

Call your doctor ASAP. Tell him (or her) about your pain. He will squeeze you in for an appointment right away. He might even send you to the emergency ward.

Fiber, water and home remedies are for another day perhaps. Not now!
If you read the OPs initial post, they say they are seeing a doctor the next day.

Old 09-19-2018, 03:28 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,418,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
If you read the OPs initial post, they say they are seeing a doctor the next day.
Yes, I read it. He states he's in "a lot of pain from gas and constipation build up".

He asked for opinions. I gave him mine.

Old 09-19-2018, 04:55 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,571,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Plus the OP said he went to the urgent care and got an x-ray before he wrote the post. I don’t know what else could be done as there was one day between the urgent care visit and physician visit. That is about as good as it is going to get. Unless the OP has a bowel obstruction, there is nothing that is going to be done at this point and urgent care apparently ruled out bowel obstruction.

Old 09-19-2018, 05:05 PM

50,060 posts, read 46,570,390 times
Natural solution if you can handle it. Jalapeno peppers, tomatoes, onions. Simply a hot sauce or salsa. You can add some garlic or cilantro for taste. Toss it in a bullet or blender.

We swear by this stuff to keep you regular and clean as a whistle. Start with small doses first

Old 09-20-2018, 12:33 AM

10,818 posts, read 7,191,344 times
I hope you're feeling better, let us know how the doctor visit went.

Did you eat a lot of red meat recently? That gives me constipation.

Since part of the problem is gas, you might want to avoid fiber rich foods like beans and psillium; they'll cause more gas.

Lying on your left side can help move gas out. GasX sometimes helps, but not always.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness