U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2018, 12:56 PM

27,863 posts, read 17,783,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I have to admit when I bought some Dasani it seemed flat, dead water. How do we know half of bottled water is tap water?
Read the label. MSW means Municipal Water Supply.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2018, 01:04 PM

1,846 posts, read 2,430,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Aquafina and Dasani are just tap water BTW, as are about half of the bottled waters.
Yes, and I haven't looked at Aquafina's website, but Dasani's website says that it's purified tap water. So what? It tastes good to me, much better than the water from MY tap, so that's why I drink it.

Quote:
I have to admit when I bought some Dasani it seemed flat, dead water. How do we know half of bottled water is tap water?
I love Dasani - but as you know, we all have different tastes, likes and dislikes. We know that many of the bottled waters are tap water, because they say so on their websites, and on other websites that talk about and compare bottled water. I don't see what's the big deal about if it's tap water or not - that just doesn't matter to me. It does seem like it matters to other people, though. I think people should drink what they want and like to drink.

The water I think I recall you saying you like the most - Crystal Geyser - is spring water, not tap water and from what I've read about it, it's highly rated and cheap in price. Many people agree with you. I will have to get some and try it out.

Old 09-26-2018, 01:12 PM

19,047 posts, read 6,262,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
Yes, and I haven't looked at Aquafina's website, but Dasani's website says that it's purified tap water. So what? It tastes good to me, much better than the water from MY tap, so that's why I drink it.

I love Dasani - but as you know, we all have different tastes, likes and dislikes. We know that many of the bottled waters are tap water, because they say so on their websites, and on other websites that talk about and compare bottled water. I don't see what's the big deal about if it's tap water or not - that just doesn't matter to me. It does seem like it matters to other people, though. I think people should drink what they want and like to drink.

The water I think I recall you saying you like the most - Crystal Geyser - is spring water, not tap water and from what I've read about it, it's highly rated and cheap in price. Many people agree with you. I will have to get some and try it out.
Don't know how far East Crystal Geyser ships but you can check that out. I know my sister used Poland Water living on the E.C. and we in Calif cannot get it.

Old 09-26-2018, 01:21 PM

1,846 posts, read 2,430,692 times
Quote:
Don't know how far East Crystal Geyser ships but you can check that out. I know my sister used Poland Water living on the E.C. and we in Calif cannot get it.
Yes, I was wondering about that, since I live about as far east as one can in the continental USA. I haven't looked for it in stores yet. I wonder if I might be able to find it here at one of our grocery stores. I'll have to check. Maybe I can find out where it's sold by looking at their website. Now I really want to try some!

Old 09-26-2018, 03:06 PM

1,019 posts, read 528,703 times
Quote:
I've looked at this one, is it fairly easy to work with and price wise fair too?
The filters are more expensive than Pur/Brita, but they also filter out much more stuff.

I used to live in an area with TDS of 230 and there a filter lasted about 3 months. Where I live now the TDS is 36 so a filter lasts at least 9 months.

Old 09-26-2018, 04:07 PM

18,125 posts, read 17,261,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodlecat View Post
It says it reduces lead below the set standard.

https://www.zerowater.com/faq-what-does-it-remove.php
Thanks for the link. It removes lead to below the 15 ppb that is allowed by law. I checked my town's water quality online last year when I moved here and the lead level had been as high as 12 ppb in the past. Going to check again now--it's all available online. Just type in your town and state to see the quality of your water.

Old 09-26-2018, 11:09 PM

4,859 posts, read 8,341,978 times
Smile Favorite water

Evian

Old 09-27-2018, 12:50 AM

38,727 posts, read 45,215,288 times
Coca Colas Dasani here because our tap water tastes dirty as many other brands of bottled water we've tasted.

Old 09-27-2018, 08:21 AM

14,676 posts, read 29,795,998 times
I am in Florida and can get Crystal Geyser at the $$$ stores. I don't think it is sold anywhere else here. I have purchased Aquafinal and Dasani, but only when on sale. I once read that any purified water is as good as or better than "spring" water. I can't drink my tap water here, it smells/taste like chlorine and I question the pipes that deliver it to the faucet.

Old 09-27-2018, 09:02 AM

3,107 posts, read 5,443,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Our home well water is the best drink in the house, IMO.
Always the tap water at our houses too. At one camp, the water comes from the lake, so we bring drinking and cooking water there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness