U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2018, 09:11 PM

18,807 posts, read 6,149,026 times

Advertisements

Another member is asking about this on H&W and so I thought I'd make a post here. My favorites are:

Crystal Geyser Spring Water
Arrowhead Spring Water

When I want to treat myself I buy

Essentia
Volvic
Iceland

I don't drink carbonated water nor drinks. And I may again try some Dasani as I have not had it in a long time.

Different waters are available in different parts of the country.

Your favorite?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2018, 10:34 PM

1,059 posts, read 351,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Another member is asking about this on H&W and so I thought I'd make a post here. My favorites are:

Arrowhead Spring Water

Essentia
Volvic
Iceland

I don't drink carbonated water nor drinks. And I may again try some Dasani as I have not had it in a long time.

Your favorite?
Smart Water, Dasani and Evian. Iíve never tried the Iceland, Volvic or Essentia.

Old 09-24-2018, 07:16 AM

1,772 posts, read 2,404,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post

Arrowhead Spring Water

Essentia
Volvic
Iceland

Your favorite?
Thanks for starting this thread. As you already know, I usually drink Dasani, but am going to try some of the ones you mentioned. Maybe do a taste test with my husband. I really don't like any tap water I've ever tasted. We did have a Brita water filter a while back, but I still didn't like the taste of the water.

I don't like carbonated water, but I do like some carbonated drinks.

Another bottled water I like, but rarely buy because it's very overpriced, is VOSS. I love the look of their bottles and the water is good.

(I recycle all of my bottles and everything else I possibly can.)

When/if you do have some Dasani again, please let us know what you think of it. Here's a link I found that I thought was interesting:

https://www.thrillist.com/drink/nati...illist-nation#

Old 09-24-2018, 07:19 AM

1,537 posts, read 542,791 times
Tried that arrowhead when we visited California a few years ago. Bought a case of it for our hotel room. Neither of us cared for it.

Old 09-24-2018, 08:31 AM

575 posts, read 141,287 times
I tried Dasani once. I was so sick. They add magnesium to the water. At least they did at that time. Ive never tried it since. Terrible!

Old 09-24-2018, 09:11 AM

2,396 posts, read 642,123 times
The tap water in our town is virtually undrinkable. It's treated with Chloramine, which tastes just like Chlorine, and it has an odd aroma on top of that. We buy bottled water from a company called Glacier. There is a dispenser at our local grocery store. It costs $2 for 5 gallons of water dispensed into your own plastic 5 gallon containers. The water is delicious and lasts us about 5 to 6 days. I feel like it's a pretty good deal considering the alternative.

Old 09-24-2018, 09:20 AM

1,772 posts, read 2,404,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
I tried Dasani once. I was so sick. They add magnesium to the water. At least they did at that time. Ive never tried it since. Terrible!
I just looked at a bottle of Dasani. It says the ingredients are: water, magnesium sulfate, potassium chloride and a negligible amount of salt. So yes, Dasani does still contain magnesium.

All of these minerals are in just about every type of bottled water and also in most tap water. I'm not sure why or how magnesium would make you sick, or why you thought that was the cause of your illness, but I don't blame you for never wanting to drink it again, if you were sick when you did.

If you don't mind me asking, what do you mean by "sick?" Were you nauseated, vomiting or what? I'm not sure how such a small amount of magnesium would cause any illness. Magnesium is essential to human life and health. It's in many foods. Here's an article about it:

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/318595.php

Do you drink other brands of bottled water?

Old 09-24-2018, 09:47 AM

9,153 posts, read 6,335,940 times
Our home well water is the best drink in the house, IMO.

Old 09-24-2018, 10:28 AM

575 posts, read 141,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
I just looked at a bottle of Dasani. It says the ingredients are: water, magnesium sulfate, potassium chloride and a negligible amount of salt. So yes, Dasani does still contain magnesium.

All of these minerals are in just about every type of bottled water and also in most tap water. I'm not sure why or how magnesium would make you sick, or why you thought that was the cause of your illness, but I don't blame you for never wanting to drink it again, if you were sick when you did.

If you don't mind me asking, what do you mean by "sick?" Were you nauseated, vomiting or what? I'm not sure how such a small amount of magnesium would cause any illness. Magnesium is essential to human life and health. It's in many foods. Here's an article about it:

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/318595.php

Do you drink other brands of bottled water?
Severe nausea was almost immediate after drinking the dansani. I was fine before I drank that bottle of water. It was sealed and was one of 6 in a 6 pack. I gave the rest away though it wasnt easy to find someone who liked it. I was told by a biologist friend that it was probably the added mag. A bottle of dansani is very different than eating a handful of nuts or any other naturally occurring source. If you are adding those minerals to bottled water its not a naturally occurring source. Most NA water sources have low levels of those minerals.

Old 09-24-2018, 10:58 AM

18,807 posts, read 6,149,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
The tap water in our town is virtually undrinkable. It's treated with Chloramine, which tastes just like Chlorine, and it has an odd aroma on top of that. We buy bottled water from a company called Glacier. There is a dispenser at our local grocery store. It costs $2 for 5 gallons of water dispensed into your own plastic 5 gallon containers. The water is delicious and lasts us about 5 to 6 days. I feel like it's a pretty good deal considering the alternative.
Oh, I know that water and know many people do this but I can't -- we have some centers at a couple of our health food stores.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness