Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 06:36 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,731,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Get old and turn into a walking-zombie, grey hair and all.............vitamins ain't gonna change that.

IMHO, it is best to eat a diet high in biologically-available micronutrients.
I've gotten to the ripe old zombie age of 80 and grey hair too and I'm doing pretty good and take my supplements and don't worry about testing for all the supps I take, our foods are so depleted unless you grow your own organics and really really careful of what you put in your mouths. Use common sense. If the brain is still working, so much memory loss issues and I work to stay on top of that one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2018, 08:01 AM

1,624 posts, read 1,354,540 times
High stress and poor sleep results in a high copper, low zinc state. High copper can lead to gray hair.

Old 10-04-2018, 08:42 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,469,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodlecat View Post
High stress and poor sleep results in a high copper, low zinc state. High copper can lead to gray hair.
So can genetics. I would say that's above 90% of the equation. The other one would be stress. I had a friend in high school (still a friend) that was bald by the age of 22. I, on the other hand, am 55, have a full head of hear and very little grey on the sides.

Old 10-04-2018, 01:43 PM

15 posts, read 10,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodlecat View Post

What would you suggest to lower copper then? So if i lessen my stress and sleep more, what else can i do to prevent more grey/white hair?

Im checking out amazon and looking at things to buy. Should i get vitamins? If so, b6 or 12? I dont want to get all the vitamins because that would not work as i have to stick to one.

Would you suggest buying castor oil or something like that? What about coconut oil?

Old 10-04-2018, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
Before you start loading up your body with B supplements you should perhaps go to a doctor and get some blood work done. You may not have a b deficiency so taking b supplements would be pointless.
If you have a diverse diet that includes lots of vegetables, lean animal protein (b12), whole grains, fruits, you should not need to take a supplement.
No B vitamin will turn your grey hair back to its natural color.

Hi there. I don't have health insurance.

Well i want to try certain products to see if it may work. Thus try a bottle of vitamin b6 or b12 and looking for suggestions.

But what about castor oil or coconut oil? Read articles that says that helps it.

Old 10-04-2018, 04:29 PM

1,624 posts, read 1,354,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marky2 View Post
What would you suggest to lower copper then? So if i lessen my stress and sleep more, what else can i do to prevent more grey/white hair?

Im checking out amazon and looking at things to buy. Should i get vitamins? If so, b6 or 12? I dont want to get all the vitamins because that would not work as i have to stick to one.

Would you suggest buying castor oil or something like that? What about coconut oil?
Addressing and neutralizing the stress would be the first thing to do. Doing that will lower your stress hormones, which will stop your body using up all your zinc. To replenish, try a zinc chelate 25-50 mg/day.

B-vitamins are always good, especially for stress, but can be stimulating for some people or if the dose is wrong. A good medium dose B-complex would be okay. If you can tolerate higher amounts, then something like a B-50 might help (typically sold with a name like Stress B-50 or similar).

Old 10-04-2018, 04:54 PM

1,734 posts, read 1,202,252 times
Quote:
Hi there. I don't have health insurance.

Well i want to try certain products to see if it may work. Thus try a bottle of vitamin b6 or b12 and looking for suggestions.

But what about castor oil or coconut oil? Read articles that says that helps it.
Work for what? Stopping gray hair?

Have you not read any of the responses you've gotten thus far?

Look at your diet, try to reduce stress, and improve your sleep. Scattershot buying of any vitamins or supplements will be a waste of your money – especially if your only goal is to fight gray hair.

Last edited by CatzPaw; 10-04-2018 at 05:04 PM..

Old 10-04-2018, 04:58 PM

So you say there is no point of me buying any b6 or b12 vitamin then?

Old 10-04-2018, 05:00 PM

Well i want to prevent any more grey hair from happening.

I will try my best to have less stress and sleep more.

But i want to do anything that is possible to prevent grey hair.

Old 10-04-2018, 05:07 PM

1,734 posts, read 1,202,252 times
Quote:
So you say there is no point of me buying any b6 or b12 vitamin then?
Who knows? We can't tell you that. You don't know what's causing your hair to turn gray for sure.

The smart thing to do would be to see a doctor and get some blood tests.

Amazon will be happy to take your money though.

Several posters recommended a B-complex vitamin. Try that, if you insist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness