U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 10-12-2018, 01:27 AM
 
97 posts, read 39,459 times
Reputation: 234

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
All of this is basically untrue.

1. Re: the patents untruth: https://www.skepticalraptor.com/skep...nedy-jr-wrong/
I can't pick three sentences out of this long article; I suggest everyone read it. Here is the introduction:
"There are some very elaborate conspiracy theories set up by the anti-vaccine tinfoil hat crowd, but I ran across a new one that use such a tortured path of logical fallacies and outright misunderstandings that I just had to review it. The claim is that the CDC vaccine patents are so valuable that the CDC itself sets aside all morality and ethics to endorse these vaccines to make more money for the CDC."

2. The NVICP was set up to compensate people for vaccine injuries. If a plaintiff is dissatisfied with the NVICP decision, s/he can sue the manufacturer.
https://violentmetaphors.com/2013/11...lin-mcroberts/
https://vaxopedia.org/2018/05/28/can...manufacturers/

3. The Japanese decision was political, not medical. Their own OB-Gyn group disagreed with the decision. Several times before, in the case of DTP and MMR vaccines, Japan has discontinued a vaccine only to see epidemics of the diseases the vaccines prevent, with deaths.

4. Here is an article about vaccine "fast tracking". It does not mean what you say it does.
https://vaxopedia.org/2018/09/05/vaccine-fast-tracking/

5. There absolutely is NOT a 10% chance of hospitalization after HPV vaccine. The practice I worked for never saw ONE let along 10%. Document. Not to mention, a visit within 42 days? Six weeks?
Well, it's a pity that you want to ignore all the evidence that the HPV vaccine is unsafe. It's better to be "safe than sorry." I wouldn't take my daughter near that vaccine if they paid me a million dollars! In fact there wouldn't be enough money or persuasion in the world for me to make such a foolish decision. NO WAY...! If you want to continue to vouch for this unnecessary dangerous vaccine then go right ahead. In fact, you had written in one of your earlier posts that "you don't believe there has been any studies or incidences of harm of the HPV vaccine." So now I'm letting you know there is...! There's TONS of evidence to prove it is unsafe. Here is more evidence:
Lead Developer of HPV Vaccine Admits It's a Giant Scam
Global Media Reveals Horrific Effects of HPV Vaccine in Girls and Boys While U.S. Officials Conceal the Dangers
Big Pharma-Corrupted Media Twists Study To Blame Doctors For Low HPV Vaccine Uptake

Earlier this year, a lab scientist, who discovered HPV DNA fragments in the blood of a teenage girl who died after receiving the Gardasil vaccine, published a case report in the peer reviewed journal Advances in Bioscience and Biotechnology. The otherwise healthy girl died in her sleep six months after receiving her third and final dose of the HPV vaccine. A full autopsy revealed no cause of death.

Sin Hang Lee with the Milford Molecular Laboratory in Connecticut confirmed the presence of HPV-16 L1 gene DNA in the girl’s postmortem blood and spleen tissue. These DNA fragments are also found in the vaccine. The fragments were protected from degradation by binding firmly to the particulate aluminum adjuvant used in the vaccine.
You can finish reading the full article: Fraud Exposed In CDs HPV Effectiveness Study

The Vaccine Research Scientist Said:

“I’m sort of raising a red flag, out of respect for what I’ve found in my own study, and for the despair of parents who had totally perfect 12-year-olds who are now in their beds, too tired to go to school,” Rail said. “Yes, we’re going against the grain, and we are going against those who are believed, i.e. doctors and nurses and people in public health.”

Dr. Harper, a former vaccine research scientist for Merck, said she wouldn’t be able to sleep at night unless she aired the truth about HPV vaccines. In her speech, given in Reston, Virginia, she said that 70 percent of all HPV infections resolve themselves without treatment, and 90 percent do so within two years. She warned that Gardasil was not only ineffective and unnecessary, it was dangerous.

More information:
Here

To summarize some of the facts about HPV and this vaccine:
HPV vaccine increases the risk of developing a precancerous cervical lesion by 44.6% in women .previously infected with a HPV viral type found in the vaccine.
HPV virus does not cause cervical cancer.
HPV viral infections are self limiting and are not a health threat to healthy females.
This valuable information about the etiology of HPV viral infections has been suppressed from public knowledge.
Allowing untruths about Gardasil to be disseminated in public hearings and planting fear have been used to promote sales of this worthless vaccine.

You can read the rest of the study here.
**I'm not going back-and-forth with you about the dangers of the HPV vaccine. It's a choice each individual must take; however, I just wanted others here to be aware of those dangers.**
Good Luck

 
Old 10-12-2018, 01:36 AM
 
Location: colorado springs, CO
4,015 posts, read 1,786,328 times
Reputation: 13833
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
What negative reviews? Internet anecdotes do not count.
Since the new 2018 Google "Medic" algorithm went into effect, along with the FB & YouTube mass deletion of opposing view sites; you'd be hard pressed to find any negative statement, about any vaccine, anywhere. That's hardly a comfort; that the truth could not set vaccines free but censorship could.

Anecdotal evidence ceases to be "just anecdotal" when the sheer volume of consistent anecdotes defy the current scientific evidence. That would imply that the evidence is not very scientific, or it's not very current.

That is when the scientific community is supposed to jump back into the game & take a serious look at the anecdotal evidence. Instead; they publish a "Review of published studies, case reports, and surveillance systems" (all the old stuff) & reaffirm their original consensus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Why would you want to accept anecdotes with no supporting evidence as the foundation for any medical decision?
Good question. Does the supporting evidence for the safety of this newly demographic-expanded vaccine include any randomized, saline-placebo-controlled prospective clinical trials to address the question of the vaccine with:

Venous thromboembolism, skin infections, autoimmune disorders, multiple sclerosis & other demyelinating diseases, Complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS), Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS) or adverse fetal outcome? Because those are the alleged-by-anecdote complaints.

I can find a lot of Reviews & Reanalysis. I can find a lot of self-controlled case series studies (SCCSs), which do not protect from confounding & I can find a lot of voluntary reporting studies (VAERS) but I can't find the "supporting evidence" necessary to make that medical decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Me too. No one I know has ever had an adverse reaction from getting a vaccine. In our family, we take advantage of medical science to protect our health.
That's wonderful & all but it is also an anecdote & not representative of much of the current population. It is suspected that I may have a natural (genetic) immunity to Malaria. Does that discount that for the vast majority of the planet; the Mosquito ranks #1 as the most deadly animal known to mankind? Nope.

Regarding the thread topic of expanded approval; just be aware that this viral cancer vaccine initially only met the cost-effective threshold for approval for use with pre-sexually active females. Then boys. Now adults up to age 45.

So unless HPV became more prevalent or deadly since the original vaccine was approved in 2006; there is a chance that either the threat from HPV was not researched well prior to the vaccine's debut, or that "creative epidemiology" was utilized to meet the threshold. This could indicate that it is intended for future use as a mandatory vaccine for children.

Regardless, for now; it's your choice. Just take somebody with you to your immunization appointments who can drive, since as far as I know; syncope (fainting) has been at least grudgingly admitted to as a potential risk.
 
Old 10-12-2018, 03:13 AM
 
Location: NJ
9,223 posts, read 20,236,504 times
Reputation: 6337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Document.

"Might". Might, might, might.

Explain how this happens, physiologically. Cite sources please.

You have to have an HPV infection for these other factors to come into play. Here is a quote about oral cancer: "2 Smoking, alcohol use, and poor oral hygiene are also risk factors for oral cancer, though to a lesser extent."
https://dev-journals2013.lww.com/ajn...&type=Fulltext

Again, there is nothing an individual can do to "clear" HPV. It either clears or it doesn't. Words matter. Document the rest.

Yes, one can and should be 100% in favor of the vaccine. One should not argue that smoking, alcohol and BCP contribute as much or more to these cancers. The causative agent is Human Papilloma Virus, HPV. People that don't smoke, drink, or use BCP get these cancers too. In fact, oral cancer is more common in men, who certainly aren't using BCP.
Men that get oral cancer get it from oral sex with a partner that's infected with HPV. As I've said, it lays dormant for as long as 50 years if not more. Thankfully women these days can and should regularly get tested for HPV.


Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Interesting....it makes me think of the parallels with chickenpox - almost everyone in the U.S. has been exposed to chickenpox even if they didn't actually get it as a kid. It's pretty mild as illnesses go...however, you're then at later risk for shingles which can be quite painful. And there are risk factors such as having had certain cancers or otherwise a weak immune systems or experiencing high levels of stress that seem to bring on shingles.

So what's your point regarding HPV and later cancer? Lots of "mild" and common diseases can cause much more severe issues in a small percentage of people...and sometimes those people have higher risk due to other factors. I guess with shingles we're just lucky it's less due to those "bad" behaviors of sex, smoking, drinking, and rock and roll that apparently makes for rather unsympathetic victims of HPV-related cancer?! Or is it that because there is a "behavioral" element people should just "be good" and they won't have a problem?

I'm confused what you're actually saying.
I had shingles August 2017 at age 52. It was on my left eye lid, forehead and head. The year before I was diagnosed with mono. In April (2017) I was in a bad car accident where my car was T-boned (and totaled) I was injured; I am also being watched for "spots" in my lungs (July 2017). At some point around the time I had shingles, I lost 30 pounds (went from 145 to 115 at 5'8"). I'm also being watched for cervical cancer due to an HPV infection for the last few years.

I have not had the shingles vaccine yet because there is a new one that's supposed to be better that I have to research. I never put anything in my body that I don't know the side effects because I have a connective tissue disorder and many allergies, some I don't know about. I was recently put on an antibiotic that apparently I'm allergic to now. Once the vaccine is in, you can't take it back.

Imagine my surprise when I had my last pap and HPV test; my HPV is gone.

I also want to mention that anyone who's husband has had an HPV positive cancer needs to be regularly checked for HPV by their gyno as they will probably test positive at some point. For me it took 7 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
^^I agree with the above, but want to make a comment. It's not "very few" people who get HPV caused cancers. There are 13,000 cases of HPV caused cervical cancer and 18,000 cases of oropharyngeal cancer diagnosed every year. That is not "few".

There is no reason for others (not you) to be so adamantly opposed to this vaccine.
As I've said my hub was diagnosed tonsil cancer August 2008. My daughter just happened to be the age they wanted to start the vaccine, I said no. There are posts in the health section from members who's kids had side effects from the original Gardasil vaccine. My biggest gripe is most people do not know some people just should not get this vaccine. My daughter is one of them because she has a connective tissue disorder, heart issues, Chiari Malformation and a bunch of other things. She would surely have side effects that would be with her forever if she got the vaccine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
I don't understand the purpose of vaccinating older people if the vaccine is preventative and 80-90% of adults already have HPV in their system.
They're vaccinating everyone because they want to see if it will help. Since men can't be tested for HPV they really can't know how effective it is or will be.

What's crazy is that a year or so after my hub had cancer they were vaccinating people that were fighting HPV cancer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Even if you don't get cancer, the treatment for genital warts is painful, time-consuming, and expensive.
I guess it depends on the person because people I know didn't think so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Proud member of the pro-vaccine crowd here! Thanks to vaccines, I've never had polio, measles, whooping cough, diptheria, smallpox, shingles, tetanus, yellow fever, or shingles. Haven't had the flu since about 2000 when I did get it and missed four days of work, because I've gotten a shot every year since then.

And I was treated for warts on my cervix in the late 90s. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

My daughter has had all the recommended vaccinations too. She was late getting a flu vaccine last year and did get the flu, causing her to miss about 4 days of important and expensive college classes.
It really is hard to say if you'll never have shingles because you were vaccinated.

Having had shingles, I'm still not sold on the vaccine. I still have research to do. What I'm seeing is that they don't think it lasts longer then 5 years so people need a booster. The other question would be can you do a shot of the newer vaccine after having the old one?


Quote:
However, CDC does not have a recommendation for routine use of Zostavax in people 50 through 59 years old. Protection from this shingles vaccine lasts about 5 years, so adults vaccinated before they are 60 years old might not be protected later in life when the risk for shingles and its complications are greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebeemi View Post
Here's a fact: this vaccine can prevent those very very very few people from getting cancer. My children are important enough to me that they got the vaccine.


You know why? BECAUSE THEY WORK.


And then some of us will get cancer. I wish there was a way we could prevent that from happening.

And we can prevent those from happening. That's kind of a big deal.


I got regular pap smears. Didn't detect mine until it was already happening. Plus I'm not a smoker, rarely drink, was not on birth control. I was pregnant. They excised a chunk out of my cervix that was large enough that my pregnancy went to high-risk--my doctors weren't sure my cervix would hold. That was a very scary 9 months.


So, you realize that over time, with vaccination, those numbers will change, right? If we're vaccinating our youth population to prevent HPV in those who haven't been exposed, we'll see fewer people being infected. When one is not infected with HPV, one can't get cancer caused by HPV. Is that hard to grasp?
Honestly, how do they know the vaccine even works? You're talking a virus that can lay dormant for 50 years or more. We won't know how well the vaccine worked on the younger crowd for many years.
 
Old 10-12-2018, 05:47 AM
 
5,660 posts, read 3,204,284 times
Reputation: 6637
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
It is something each adult will have to decide for himself or herself. No one is going to be infected with all of the nine strains covered by the vaccine. You could decide that your risk is so low of picking up a new strain that the vaccine does not make sense to you, or you could decide to take it in the event that you perhaps end up with a new partner in the future. Then you would already be protected against any of those strains you do not have.



How will it protect against throat cancer? Will it be as effective as the vaccine, which is almost 100%?



No one can be forced to take any vaccine. If you do not want to vaccinate your child you just have to make alternative arrangements for school.

You can talk all you want. Hopefully, people will listen to their doctors, though, before making decisions about any vaccines rather than someone whose medical information comes from internet videos.
Since this is a discussion is about HPV vaccination, only Viriginia, Rhode Island, and DC require HPV vaccination for public school children. It was overturned in Texas years ago. Proposed legislation was defeated recently in Florida. No need to "make alternative arrangements for school" unless you live in those three places.

If parents are very reluctant to have their kids vaccinated for this, they will get it for themselves? Maybe. It seems to be working with changing the age range for Shingles vaccination for younger adults.

Broaden the age groups to increase sales. I read on FiercePharma.com that Merck tried to get this vaccine approved for use in older adults 10 years ago. It was fast tracked and approved only this year.

The discussion on that site is whether or not this vaccine will be approved under preventive medicine for adults by private insurance, and how long that will take. The cost can run up to $500, double the cost of Shingles vaccine.

Last edited by Jo48; 10-12-2018 at 05:56 AM..
 
Old 10-12-2018, 08:26 AM
 
8,316 posts, read 8,596,327 times
Reputation: 25975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
Whats your problem? You are free to have any vaccine you choose! I dont choose to. Just because you dont like those of us who stay healthy without relying on most vaccines, so what? Whats it to you? Its my life not yours.
Oh if it only it were that simple, but its not and its a point that's been covered many times before on vaccination threads.

Vaccines rely on the concept of "herd immunity" to prevent disease. The simple way to state is to say that someone who is vaccinated and unable to catch a disease cannot spread that disease either. If ninety percent or more of a population is vaccinated against a disease it is extremely difficult to transmit that disease. That is the goal. That is what vaccination aims for.

However, some people cannot take a vaccine because they are allergic to it. Other people take the vaccine and for complex physiological reasons fail to develop immunity to the virus the vaccine was designed to eliminate. The point is that these two groups do not have immunity to the virus. Some of the individuals in these groups are in great danger. They may be children with allergies or autoimmune problems. They may be frail elderly people. They are sitting ducks to catch a disease unless other individuals in the population are vaccinated against it. That is why we ask for everyone to get vaccinated.

That, sir, is why simply talking about "choice" is an inadequate response to vaccination. It is not just "your life". Actions, or inactions, may literally affect the lives of those around you and within the community.

This talk about the HPV vaccine demonstrates the lengths that hysteria can go. There is virtually no evidence this vaccine causes any real side effects (many of us do not count a sore arm), yet millions seem to believe "gubamint" is hiding something from them. The reality is no level of evidence or proof will satisfy some people. It comes down to this catch phrase: You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to your own facts.
 
Old 10-12-2018, 09:31 AM
 
8,546 posts, read 5,273,203 times
Reputation: 9115
There are plenty of ways to reduce the risk of HPV associated cancers that do not involve taking a vaccine to try to eliminate a virus that 80% of people will get anyway and of which, 90% will clear the virus naturally via their immune system.

There is evidence that this vaccine can cause side effects beyond a sore arm and that evidence can be found in the link that Suzy shared in looking at cases that were settled via the special vaccine court or even just by looking up the common reactions. No need to minimize it as only a “sore arm”.

People should always have the choice to take the vaccine or not. No one should try to force their way down other people’s throats, or into their arm. If people wish to force others to take the vaccine then people should also be able to force others to use condoms everytime they have sex, whether it’s oral, vaginal or anal sex. There should be a requirement that people remain monogamous and get tested everytime they have a new partner. People should be required by law to get Pap smears. People should not be allowed to smoke or drink alcohol. Reducing stress should be manadated. People should be required to eat fruits and vegetables (this really is a known way to reduce risk). People should be required to use lube containing carrageenan because preliminary studies have shown that it can kill he HPV virus.

Doesn’t that all sound ridiculous? It’s just as ridiculous as requiring every person to take a vaccine for a virus that 80% of the sexually active population will get anyway and of which 90% will clear it, in the name of protecting others.

If people feel the need to get this vaccine for themselves or their children, they are free to do so. If people would like to choose other preventative measures, they should also remain free to do so. If people want to take zero precautions, that’s between them and their partner and they should also be free to make that choice.
 
Old 10-12-2018, 10:06 AM
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
85,021 posts, read 98,892,281 times
Reputation: 31456
Not even total abstinence will prevent one from being exposed to HPV. The only way to avoid being INFECTED with the 9 strains in the vaccine that cause 90% of cervical cancer and many types of oropharyngeal cancer is is to get the vaccine.

The vaccine has been out for 11 years now. There is no credible evidence from around the world that this vaccine is especially "dangerous".

That 90% of infected people's bodies clear the virus is irrelevant. Almost everyone gets it. 10% of everyone is a huge number. There is no way to predict WHOSE body will clear the virus, and these risk reduction" practices mean nothing to any one person. Everyone who is infected is at risk.

People should make their decision based on facts, not vaccine fearmongering.
 
Old 10-12-2018, 10:27 AM
 
8,546 posts, read 5,273,203 times
Reputation: 9115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Not even total abstinence will prevent one from being exposed to HPV. The only way to avoid being INFECTED with the 9 strains in the vaccine that cause 90% of cervical cancer and many types of oropharyngeal cancer is is to get the vaccine.

The vaccine has been out for 11 years now. There is no credible evidence from around the world that this vaccine is especially "dangerous".

That 90% of infected people's bodies clear the virus is irrelevant. Almost everyone gets it. 10% of everyone is a huge number. There is no way to predict WHOSE body will clear the virus, and these risk reduction" practices mean nothing to any one person. Everyone who is infected is at risk.

People should make their decision based on facts, not vaccine fearmongering.
Not everyone is as worried about getting HPV as you and others seem to be.

I don’t know if your referring to me but I have not been fearmongering. Just presenting information.

Do you agree that people should be free to choose?
 
Old 10-12-2018, 10:38 AM
 
Location: Marquette, Mich
1,024 posts, read 385,810 times
Reputation: 2325
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
That was my first thought also! With the negative reviews they are trying to expand the market.

"Negative reviews"--this isn't a restaurant or a movie. This is a preventative that can prevent cancer.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
The only way that married couples would be at risk would be if one or both was cheating, or if one partner gave it to the other at the onset of their sexual relationship. That’s another risk factor that varies among adults and one that people can take into consideration.

WRONG. While relatively rare, HPV can be transferred during a vaginal birth. That's how I got it. I didn't know I had it for years & years & years.


Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
The many stories of side effects from the drug, granted they are anecdotes. However it is truly causing many people to rethink getting it for this child. I would say 30% of my friend’s have chosen not to get it because of them.

So 30% of people aren't getting their children vaccinated because they heard a story. A medically unsound story. That's tragic. A parent, uninformed, making a decision based on likely unfounded stories choosing not to protect a child from an infection that could lead to cancer. I find that just so sad.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
According to the CDC, itself, "most sexually-active people will have HPV at some point in their lives, but few women will get cervical cancer." That doesn't sound anecdotal to me.

The fact is that 85% of cases of cervical cancer occur in developing countries. Yet this vaccine was tested on Americans. And make no mistake, it was a test. A risk factor for HPV is "multiple sexual partners," which might lead some to think "two." But I don't think so, since that risk factor used to be "many sexual partners," not surprising, then, that this would be a scourge for women in developing countries, where girls are more likely to be sexually active at a very young age, and acquire many sexual partners throughout their lives.

One thing I cannot control is the path my children take. I cannot be there at the time they become sexually active to warn about pregnancy, STDs, cancer, AIDS. I can arm them with information. I can tell them how to protect themselves, and hope they continue to make responsible choices. And now, I can protect them from ONE THING. A thing that could kill them.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Cervical cancer tends to be much higher in developing countries due to inadequate access to things like regular paps. When women get regular paps and appropriate follow up if abnormalities are found, cervical cancer deaths are reduced by 80%.

So, if a population doesn't have access to regular PAPs, isn't it great that we can help prevent HPV & certain cancers?


Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
But this thread is about giving the vaccine to everyone up to age 45. If most of us got infected with HPV when we became sexually active decades ago, why take it now? If we're still with the same partner, why would we get new strains? I just don't get the logic of this recommendation for everyone to take it.

In adults, I do agree that it is about evaluating risks. Not every adult is infected with a strain of HPV that can cause cancer. If I were younger, I would get it for the "just in case." It would be a no brainer for me, but I also had a high-risk pregnancy because of the large piece of my cervix that was removed because I DID get one of those strains of HPV.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
So obviously side effects can be more then just a sore arm as you previously asserted. It’s disingenuous to pretend that their are no side effects beyond a sore arm when there are.

Cervical cancer kills 4,200 women in the US per year. 12, 200 women are diagnosed each year in the US. Rates would be lower is all women had access to cervical cancer screening.

From your link.

And we could get even lower rates if we vaccinated for HPV.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
When my SIL was in the hospital with Dementia, they found she had ovarian cancer. Find a vaccine quickly!!! Operated and she lived for a total of 3 months after. Her Dementia complications killed her anyway. WHY are you removing the cancerous ovaries of a 70 year woman dying with Dementia? Twofold. $$$$, and to be able to say we saved her from cancer. If you can save just ONE PERSON from CANCER. What difference does it make? Only to YOU, your attitude, statistics, and lining your pockets.

Sorry to get OT, maybe, but aren't we talking about Cancers?

That is so far off topic, it's utterly ridiculous. It's a tragedy that it happened, and I have to imagine someone helped to make the decision to operate. This is actually about PREVENTING something like that from happening to someone else. If my daughter gets the HPV vaccine, she will not get cancer from HPV. That's something she deserves, a chance to NOT have cancer. Will she get cancer unrelated to HPV? I don't know. But I know I've given her some real protection. It's the same reason I tell her to exercise, eat healthy, don't smoke, wear sunscreen. I want to wrap her up in bubble wrap--this is the next best thing.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
I can't imagine my daughter getting cervical cancer because I didn't get her vaccinated based on something a stranger posted on the internet.

I couldn't live with myself.


My daughter is one who routinely faints during vaccinations. Flu, HPV, you name it. Every time. It is not the vaccination. It is the situation. She is, like many kids her age, anxious about medical things. "White coat syndrome" is a thing, and if you add needles to that, she's going down. Last appt, she almost fainted when the doctor looked in her ears. Even she understands that these vaccinations are important. But it doesn't stop her from having a reaction to the moment. I could easily make a claim that the vaccines are causing her to faint. Maybe the physical action of getting them contributes, but not the vaccine itself.



I would also like to address VAERS info. My son was diagnosed with chronic migraine last year. Truthfully, I could probably go back and say, "He had a flu vaccine 6 weeks prior, that must have caused it!" But it didn't. I would be wrong if I tried to tie them together. I would love to have something to blame. But I don't. Correlation does not equal causality. The two are not related.
 
Old 10-12-2018, 10:48 AM
 
8,546 posts, read 5,273,203 times
Reputation: 9115
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebeemi View Post
WRONG. While relatively rare, HPV can be transferred during a vaginal birth. That's how I got it. I didn't know I had it for years & years & years.
. You’re right. It’s extremely rare for a baby to catch HPV from their mother at birth. At what age did you find out that you had it? How was it diagnosed?

Quote:
So, if a population doesn't have access to regular PAPs, isn't it great that we can help prevent HPV & certain cancers?
. If a person does have access to regular papas then that person knows that their risk of getting cervical cancer is low as long as they utilize that tool. Obviously, a person who does not have access to regular paps will be at a much higher risk. That’s what I’ve been talking about all along. People’s risk varies quite a bit in terms of HPV associated cancers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top