U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2018, 11:33 AM

3,524 posts, read 948,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Why do you persist in making it sound (whatever the topic being discussed) that there is some conspiracy of people in some ostensible position of authority who are making supposedly outrageous statements that you then knock down?...otherwise known as the:

Strawman Fallacy
Description: Substituting a personís actual position or argument with a distorted, exaggerated, or misrepresented version of the position of the argument.

No doctors are making a concerted attempt to sell shoes....shoe companies are merely selling their product - they aren't talking down being barefoot. Please stop saying otherwise. Congrats on your long successful journey to minimalist footwear - you've managed to defeat all the forces working against you.

If you want to go barefoot - by all means, do so - NO ONE is forcing you to wear shoes.
The times they are a' changing. Some people are waking up to the possible hazards of processed food, and of prescription drugs, and of restrictive footwear. The companies that sell all that don't care about your health. No, I don't think they are out to kill us. They just don't care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2018, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
No it doesn't make sense at all that shoes can be bad for health.
High heels are not the greatest shoes to wear, but they are not going away. A lot of women want to look nice, and a killer pair of heels make legs look fantastic. I stopped wearing heals over 20 years ago and my feet never suffered because of them. I have also been of the mind that shoes are not something you cheap out on. When it comes to footwear you get what you pay for, like all things in life.
And I guess when you pair socks with flip flops people will start looking at your feet.

You may want to preface your opinions as just that, and opinion.
None of what I say is just my opinion. It's all straight from God, all perfect unassailable Truth.

Old 10-09-2018, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post

I agree that the cheap imitation Uggs can be comfortable, but no one I know would mistake them for the real thing. And there is no comparison as far as comfort and wear. The real Uggs are much better and last much longer.
That is very possible, I never tried the real ones. And my cheap ones did wear out pretty fast.

My cheap ones had completely flat soles, which is good. I don't know if the real ones are like that.

Old 10-09-2018, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
"Conventional footwear ideas". Bwahahahahahahaha

You mean like almost all normal people usually wear everyday? We all must be missing that age old dilemma of not looking like we've lost our minds.

And women are more educated that don't wear makeup and yoga clothes? Lol. I see the undertone of this thread is about society/beauty and the horrible notion of people wanting to look nice. How dare they!

I get it....you're so edgy and better than the rest of us uneducated WOMEN. Ugh.
Lots of educated women wear makeup and high heals and dye their hair. But the ones who dress more naturally are likely to be either highly educated, or else too poor to afford all that beauty stuff.

I think a lot of the effort to look as unnatural as possible is to make sure no one thinks you're poor.

Old 10-09-2018, 11:40 AM

4,862 posts, read 5,928,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
None of what I say is just my opinion. It's all straight from God, all perfect unassailable Truth.
Really? God?
Please dont bring religion into this thread.

Old 10-09-2018, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
Really? God?
Please dont bring religion into this thread.
Oh, but God told me the absolute truth about everything. I never would post my own opinion here.

Just stop, before everyone notices how literal you are.

Old 10-09-2018, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Lots of educated women wear makeup and high heals and dye their hair. But the ones who dress more naturally are likely to be either highly educated, or else to poor to afford all that beauty stuff.

I think a lot of the effort to look as unnatural as possible is to make sure no one thinks you're poor.
WOW, just WOW. How in the heck do you come up with this stuff? I know plenty of women from different ages and different incomes. Your stereotyping is way, way off. I mean, laughably off.

And how does education come into a footwear discussion?

Old 10-09-2018, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Oh, but God told me the absolute truth about everything. I never would post my own opinion here.

Just stop, before everyone notices how literal you are.
This explains a lot about you. Back to footwear please.

Old 10-09-2018, 12:02 PM

2,972 posts, read 1,047,279 times
Back to flip-flops - I have never worn them - don't like the between the toes thing - but the few times I tried to wear them, I noticed the lack of support - my thing would be having nothing on the sides to hold your feet in - that would cause instability and the propensity to step wrong and have the shoe go askew - and cause a tripping hazard.

I am kind of amazed that someone who likes to walk a lot prefers to do it in flip-flops. It makes no sense to me. What about uneven surfaces, rocks, etc.? Seems hazardous for serious walking.

Old 10-09-2018, 12:25 PM

19,007 posts, read 6,223,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
Back to flip-flops - I have never worn them - don't like the between the toes thing - but the few times I tried to wear them, I noticed the lack of support - my thing would be having nothing on the sides to hold your feet in - that would cause instability and the propensity to step wrong and have the shoe go askew - and cause a tripping hazard.

I am kind of amazed that someone who likes to walk a lot prefers to do it in flip-flops. It makes no sense to me. What about uneven surfaces, rocks, etc.? Seems hazardous for serious walking.
Boy, I can't agree more with the above. Last thing we need to do is fall, and then you think you got issues just take a bad fall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or