U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2018, 01:18 PM

13,422 posts, read 7,152,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
The times they are a' changing. Some people are waking up to the possible hazards of processed food, and of prescription drugs, and of restrictive footwear. The companies that sell all that don't care about your health. No, I don't think they are out to kill us. They just don't care.
Of course they don't care! The ONLY purpose of a company is to make money for the owners/stockholders. If they can make more money by keeping us alive they'll be smart to do that. But there is no conspiracy. Since when was the world fair? Everything is hazardous - the thing is to know to what degree, know your own limits and then act according to what is best for YOU....everyone's equation is different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2018, 02:14 PM

3,442 posts, read 934,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Of course they don't care! The ONLY purpose of a company is to make money for the owners/stockholders. If they can make more money by keeping us alive they'll be smart to do that. But there is no conspiracy. Since when was the world fair? Everything is hazardous - the thing is to know to what degree, know your own limits and then act according to what is best for YOU....everyone's equation is different.
I NEVER said it was a conspiracy! In fact, I made sure to say they are not trying to kill us.

The reason for posting this was to see what people think about shoes, to talk about whether they might sometimes be harmful to some degree.

You seem to have a problem with the fact that I posted it, but I can't see why. I don't expect shoe companies to care about our health. Therefore, we have to think for ourselves, and try things out for ourselves.

Old 10-09-2018, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
I've probably worn flip flops more than any other type of footwear, even working much of the time in them -no problems to report yet.

Some people just seem to have more problems with their feet.
There could be some genetic aspect, but there also could be other factors. Not walking much can make your feet very weak, and therefore more susceptible to injuries and other problems.

I used to get foot problems when I was young, and that's why I tried to figure all this out.

No problems any more, and a foot doctor did not see anything wrong.

And I heard and read all those bad things about flip flops, but it obviously is not true for everyone.

Old 10-09-2018, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
I have never felt unstable in flip flops. I have never slid off my flip flop. I do not feel I have to grip with my toes. In my Fit Flops I can walk for miles. Socks and flip flops are another category though. Besides being a major fashion faux pas it seems it would be majorly uncomfortable even with toe socks.
It depends on how much space you have between the big toe and the rest. A truck could drive through my space, so it isn't a problem.

I know that flip flops with socks isn't in style. But I'm at the crazy old lady stage of life, so I don't care.

Old 10-09-2018, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatzPaw View Post
Are you aware there are various models of TOE SOCKS?

Wool, cotton, silk, bamboo, acrylic, five toes, exposed toes, three open toes, high socks, low socks, colorful socks, neutral socks, exciting socks, boring socks, argyle socks, holiday socks, thermal socks, electric socks, waterproof socks, toe-spreading socks, no skid socks, half foot socks, protective stickers for just the sole of your feet cutting out the need for flip flops altogether!

Is this a great country or what.
Yes, all that sounds great. But I haven't seen them at the dollar store.

Old 10-09-2018, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Really? Ya mean G-d buys cheap flip-flops?

Well, now that I think about it, from all the "Jesus of Nazareth " movies I ever saw, that's possible, I suppose. Maybe they were hand-me-downs....
He doesn't have to buy them! Just miraculously turns fish into flip flops.

Old 10-09-2018, 02:59 PM

27,594 posts, read 17,678,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
I'd suggest totally nude with no shoes on....

Be good for a laugh, if nothing else.

Yeah then whole OTHER parts flip flop!!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 10-09-2018, 04:44 PM

9,160 posts, read 6,347,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by good4nothin View Post
he doesn't have to buy them! Just miraculously turns fish into flip flops.
rofl!!!!

Old 10-09-2018, 04:47 PM

9,160 posts, read 6,347,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Yeah then whole OTHER parts flip flop!!
OMG at the visual!

Old 10-09-2018, 04:57 PM

5,654 posts, read 3,202,909 times
I lived in SW Florida for 10 years. Yeah, the Flip Flop is the State Shoe, even with Evening Gowns. However, you have to consider the safety issues.

At home if I had to climb on anything, I took off the flip flops and went barefoot.

I worked in Florida Public Schools with disabled children in wheelchairs. We were allowed to wear flip flops to work, but I thought it far too dangerous. Besides not wanting my toes smashed under a wheelchair, I did not want to risk tripping in flip flops while I was holding these children getting them in and out of their chairs. VERY HOT wearing athletic shoes and socks, but definitely safer with the special needs kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or