U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-07-2019, 11:06 AM
 
Location: Wine Country
5,077 posts, read 6,134,781 times
Reputation: 9102

Advertisements

I will never give up my flip flops even though I know they are not the best shoes for my feet. But I only where flip flops with support. I have Reefs, Fit Flop, and Taos. They give me the support I need and they are super comfortable. And even though they tend to be on the expensive side they last for years. I would never wear the cheapies like the Old Navy brand because they are just not comfortable.
And Crocs are a fashion abomination! They are good for kitchen workers and chefs though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-07-2019, 11:11 AM
 
523 posts, read 238,277 times
Reputation: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobokosandals View Post
I realize everyone has their pet peeves and preferences surrounding footwear on vacations (Europe, South America, Africa , Asia or North America). My experience has been to pack as lightly as possible and take the most versatile apparel. This is why Flip Flops have always worked for me. Once you get the right option (Leather or Rubber), you can go almost anywhere and feel as free as possible. Thoughts?!

They are great! But I have suffered from shin splints in the past if I'm walking down hills.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2019, 11:18 AM
 
Location: Middle of the ocean
29,515 posts, read 18,699,258 times
Reputation: 42635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
I will never give up my flip flops even though I know they are not the best shoes for my feet. But I only where flip flops with support. I have Reefs, Fit Flop, and Taos. They give me the support I need and they are super comfortable. And even though they tend to be on the expensive side they last for years. I would never wear the cheapies like the Old Navy brand because they are just not comfortable.
And Crocs are a fashion abomination! They are good for kitchen workers and chefs though.
Crocs made this "structured" flip flop that was passable looks-wise, I took them on a cruise to mexico and we walked a LOT, and they were great. Kinda like this: https://www.amazon.com/Crocs-Womens-...rocs+flip+flop

Now, my "walking flip flop" are Reefs, and I have a pair of New Balance that I wear when I'll be in the water more.

But in general, if I'm walking, like walking the dogs I put on a shoe.
__________________
____________________________________________
My posts as a Mod will always be in red.
Be sure to review Terms of Service: TOS
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2019, 02:36 PM
 
3,665 posts, read 1,056,197 times
Reputation: 2735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Crocs made this "structured" flip flop that was passable looks-wise, I took them on a cruise to mexico and we walked a LOT, and they were great. Kinda like this: https://www.amazon.com/Crocs-Womens-...rocs+flip+flop

Now, my "walking flip flop" are Reefs, and I have a pair of New Balance that I wear when I'll be in the water more.

But in general, if I'm walking, like walking the dogs I put on a shoe.
I think those are the Crocs I have. They are my best walking shoes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2019, 07:00 AM
 
Location: Islip,NY
17,175 posts, read 20,253,223 times
Reputation: 17802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
OMG, that made those cheap flip flops pretty darned expensive in the long run when it came to the pain and aggrevation, along with the expenses of medical treatment of that torn ACL, I'd say.

It's true flip flops can be dangerous under some circumstances. I like Crocs sandals, find them comfortable and they have pretty good traction-till they get to be a couple years old and the tread on the bottom of the shoe wears out. Then they get very slippery when you try to walk on a wet surface, and dangerous.
If anything else I might wear them around the house in the summer instead of slippers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2019, 05:47 PM
 
Location: SW Missouri
15,807 posts, read 29,790,240 times
Reputation: 22084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
OMG, that made those cheap flip flops pretty darned expensive in the long run when it came to the pain and aggrevation, along with the expenses of medical treatment of that torn ACL, I'd say.

It's true flip flops can be dangerous under some circumstances. I like Crocs sandals, find them comfortable and they have pretty good traction-till they get to be a couple years old and the tread on the bottom of the shoe wears out. Then they get very slippery when you try to walk on a wet surface, and dangerous.
If you get water between your foot and the flip flop you can have trouble too. I know someone who broke their ankle that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2019, 11:52 AM
 
Location: SW Florida
9,478 posts, read 6,656,293 times
Reputation: 13522
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
If you get water between your foot and the flip flop you can have trouble too. I know someone who broke their ankle that way.
You're so right about that. Your feet slide around in and sometimes right out of the sandal when it gets wet, and it'd be easy to break an ankle that way. I've experienced this slip-sliding event, so I don't wear the Crocs when I take a trek out on the lower 40 in the mornings when the grass is wet, or when I wash the cars, pressure clean, or anything else that might involve the sandals and my feet getting that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2019, 01:52 PM
 
Location: Central IL
14,264 posts, read 7,771,289 times
Reputation: 33271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
You're so right about that. Your feet slide around in and sometimes right out of the sandal when it gets wet, and it'd be easy to break an ankle that way. I've experienced this slip-sliding event, so I don't wear the Crocs when I take a trek out on the lower 40 in the mornings when the grass is wet, or when I wash the cars, pressure clean, or anything else that might involve the sandals and my feet getting that.
And yet they are surprisingly often sold as something to wear in public showers in gyms, etc. to avoid athlete's foot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2019, 02:39 PM
 
3,665 posts, read 1,056,197 times
Reputation: 2735
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
And yet they are surprisingly often sold as something to wear in public showers in gyms, etc. to avoid athlete's foot.
And yeah, it's a big problem. You hear it on the news all the time. The flip flop death toll is rising.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2019, 03:52 PM
 
Location: Georgia, USA
22,163 posts, read 27,060,349 times
Reputation: 27663
https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.2c2dd395498d
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top