U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 05:35 PM

1,092 posts, read 227,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Lots of good advice from you, thanks. So I'm thinking the use of Coconut Oil that I've been pretty faithful for some yrs now is paying off and also the ox bile to keep things moving better for me...so much changed when I started with ox bile. And I've been so off breads and pastas for years.

I've done the ACV off and on for some yrs but not lately and wanted to commit to 1/2 apple daily but fall off that too. Makes me want to go with the apple routine. An Apple A Day Keeps the Doctor Away....

Thanks! Raw coconut oil is one of my favorites. Very versatile with so many different uses with hair, skin, and diet. Also, I try to eat a lot of olives and walnuts for quick healthy fats too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 07:08 PM

23,728 posts, read 8,251,498 times
Coconut Oil and the Gallbladder -- I would have never thought to research this..

https://www.gallbladderattack.com/bl...ves-digestion/

Old Today, 10:52 AM

31,648 posts, read 19,962,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
Gallbladders are tricky and there is a lot of misinformation about gallbladder problems out there today. The mainstream medical community's answer is almost always to just remove the gallbladder. But what if you actually want to keep your gallbladder......

A lot of problems people experience with gallbladders today is that their diets don't have enough healthy fats in them and they over-consume processed carbs. So essentially the bile builds up in the gallbladder which leads to gallstones and thus pain is felt. Bile is not properly emptied due to limited healthy fat intake and you get sludge buildup that contributes to a lot of dull pain and overall malaise.

In order to rectify this problem you want to focus on reducing your intake of processed carbs and eating more healthy fats. But it has to be a gradual process because if you are having gallbladder pain and go full-steam with healthy fat intake, you are going to have extreme pain.

So the remedy as you gradually up your healthy fat intake is to consume a lot of malic acid (good quality malic acid supplement) and a lot of apples. The malic acid will help to soften gallstones and sludge to make them easier to pass. You also want to consume organic apple cider vinegar with the "mother" mixed with water and lemon juice from freshly squeezed lemons as well. These will both help to break down the crud in your gallbladder. Ox bile is another good supplement to take as you heal your gallbladder.

It will take some time but your gallbladder will thank you for it later. If you are ever having a gallbladder attack, organic apple cider vinegar with the "mother" in it mixed with water will greatly help ease the pain. Bragg is a great brand for quality ACV.

Yeah, you go right ahead and eat healthy fat when you have gallstones. Have a ride ready for the ensuing trip to the emergency room.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old Today, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Yeah, you go right ahead and eat healthy fat when you have gallstones. Have a ride ready for the ensuing trip to the emergency room.
Reading the above link seems to make me think IF people were consuming the good fats and not carbs/sugars, gallbladder issues would not be in their lives. As I drink my morning coffee with tsp of CO added to it.

The push in recent years for no fat, low fat foods could be a reason for more gallbladder issues...just thinkin.

Old Today, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Reading the above link seems to make me think IF people were consuming the good fats and not carbs/sugars, gallbladder issues would not be in their lives. As I drink my morning coffee with tsp of CO added to it.

The push in recent years for no fat, low fat foods could be a reason for more gallbladder issues...just thinkin.
Oh, how much have gallbladder problems increased? And as being over weight and consuming a lot of fats is KNOWN to cause/exacerbate gallstones, how are those numbers separated out from those facts in order to determine correlation versus causation?

AND, Keto has been one of the most popular diets in recent years, so if the numbers for gallstone problems are up (as you say) why wouldn't you look at that diet as being a potential culprit?

Old Today, 11:26 AM

I don't know how much increase in the major population but just reading so many issues here on C-D makes me wonder. And the low fat, no fat issue was not a part of my growing up...today it is for the population.

The no fat, low fat industry has pushed people into a fear for fats.

Last edited by jaminhealth; Today at 11:39 AM..

Old Today, 11:31 AM

Quote:
I don't know how much increase in the major population but just reading so many issues here on C-D makes me wonder. And the low fat, no fat issue was not a part of my growing up...today it is for the population.
If you look at gallbladder posts against the number of members at CD, it would be like .000003%.

(made up number because none of this has anything to do with actual data)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness