Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2018, 11:02 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,728,168 times

Advertisements

Do research on Ox Bile, I take it and don't have G.B. issues and doing what I do to prevent any.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2019, 07:33 PM

Enough around here have G.B. issues and end up with removal...WHY...what's eating everyone. Here's a link on the foods that are good and those NOT good for a healthy gallbladder.

https://www.healthline.com/health/gallbladder-diet

White foods are mentioned liked breads, rice, pasta etc...in the negative food area.

I've chosen to stop eating all breads about 10 yrs ago and eliminated pastas that I was born and raised on and maybe eliminating these two food groups have kept me in good order.

And drinking water all day...

We can learn to be our own doctor on so many issues including this one...

And I continue with the ox bile daily and know it's making a difference there and that thumb comment?????

Last edited by jaminhealth; 07-08-2019 at 07:44 PM..

Old 07-08-2019, 08:15 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times
https://www.health.harvard.edu/disea...ladder-surgery

Bile salts also help dissolve gallstones that have formed in the gallbladder and may help keep them from forming in the first place.

I tool bile salts for a little while. Many years later I had the gall bladder surgery--it's a very simple surgery and I wonder why your wife can't have it. I guess I'd go for the bile salts and eating very little in the way of fats.

Old 07-08-2019, 08:42 PM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
What is it the bile salts supposed to do?

They won't dissolve gallstones, rid the gallbladder of sludge, relieve gallbladder inflammation or infection,
or unstick gallstones stuck in the common bile or hepatic ducts. So what do bile salts do?

Old 07-08-2019, 08:47 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
What is it the bile salts supposed to do?

They won't dissolve gallstones, rid the gallbladder of sludge, relieve gallbladder inflammation or infection,
or unstick gallstones stuck in the common bile or hepatic ducts. So what do bile salts do?
Go back and read the article I posted from the Harvard Newsletter.

Old 07-09-2019, 09:38 AM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Go back and read the article I posted from the Harvard Newsletter.
It's behind a paywall, but the first few lines there gave me the idea. ,bile salts reportedly help with emulsion of ingested fat in the intestine, and like other digestive aid supplements (such as capsules containing combinations of digestive enzymes), may help with digestion. At least that's the idea.

Thank you.

Old 07-11-2019, 06:24 AM

4 posts, read 2,716 times
There is a less invasive gallbladder surgery for those who are candidates for it, should that be the case.

Old 07-11-2019, 05:05 PM

3,372 posts, read 1,564,721 times
Gallbladders are tricky and there is a lot of misinformation about gallbladder problems out there today. The mainstream medical community's answer is almost always to just remove the gallbladder. But what if you actually want to keep your gallbladder......

A lot of problems people experience with gallbladders today is that their diets don't have enough healthy fats in them and they over-consume processed carbs. So essentially the bile builds up in the gallbladder which leads to gallstones and thus pain is felt. Bile is not properly emptied due to limited healthy fat intake and you get sludge buildup that contributes to a lot of dull pain and overall malaise.

In order to rectify this problem you want to focus on reducing your intake of processed carbs and eating more healthy fats. But it has to be a gradual process because if you are having gallbladder pain and go full-steam with healthy fat intake, you are going to have extreme pain.

So the remedy as you gradually up your healthy fat intake is to consume a lot of malic acid (good quality malic acid supplement) and a lot of apples. The malic acid will help to soften gallstones and sludge to make them easier to pass. You also want to consume organic apple cider vinegar with the "mother" mixed with water and lemon juice from freshly squeezed lemons as well. These will both help to break down the crud in your gallbladder. Ox bile is another good supplement to take as you heal your gallbladder.

It will take some time but your gallbladder will thank you for it later. If you are ever having a gallbladder attack, organic apple cider vinegar with the "mother" in it mixed with water will greatly help ease the pain. Bragg is a great brand for quality ACV.

Old 07-11-2019, 05:07 PM

934 posts, read 1,127,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
When I had my gallbadder problem all the pain was in the centre of my chest at the breastbone... IF is is the gallbladder causing the pain why is it not an option to have it operated on..

My pain was center of the body also, but I would assume a lack of insurance is the reason for no surgery option.

Old 07-11-2019, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
Gallbladders are tricky and there is a lot of misinformation about gallbladder problems out there today. The mainstream medical community's answer is almost always to just remove the gallbladder. But what if you actually want to keep your gallbladder......

A lot of problems people experience with gallbladders today is that their diets don't have enough healthy fats in them and they over-consume processed carbs. So essentially the bile builds up in the gallbladder which leads to gallstones and thus pain is felt. Bile is not properly emptied due to limited healthy fat intake and you get sludge buildup that contributes to a lot of dull pain and overall malaise.

In order to rectify this problem you want to focus on reducing your intake of processed carbs and eating more healthy fats. But it has to be a gradual process because if you are having gallbladder pain and go full-steam with healthy fat intake, you are going to have extreme pain.

So the remedy as you gradually up your healthy fat intake is to consume a lot of malic acid (good quality malic acid supplement) and a lot of apples. The malic acid will help to soften gallstones and sludge to make them easier to pass. You also want to consume organic apple cider vinegar with the "mother" mixed with water and lemon juice from freshly squeezed lemons as well. These will both help to break down the crud in your gallbladder. Ox bile is another good supplement to take as you heal your gallbladder.

It will take some time but your gallbladder will thank you for it later. If you are ever having a gallbladder attack, organic apple cider vinegar with the "mother" in it mixed with water will greatly help ease the pain. Bragg is a great brand for quality ACV.
Lots of good advice from you, thanks. So I'm thinking the use of Coconut Oil that I've been pretty faithful for some yrs now is paying off and also the ox bile to keep things moving better for me...so much changed when I started with ox bile. And I've been so off breads and pastas for years.

You can be sure one won't get your info from a board certified physician!!

I've done the ACV off and on for some yrs but not lately and wanted to commit to 1/2 apple daily but fall off that too. Makes me want to go with the apple routine. An Apple A Day Keeps the Doctor Away....

Last edited by jaminhealth; 07-11-2019 at 05:48 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness