Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2018, 11:26 PM

10,887 posts, read 7,366,706 times

Advertisements

Abdominal pain can be hard to diagnose. As other posters mentioned, adhesions can cause that kind of pain . If you're female, you get a similar pain with ovulation. And of course gas can hurt like the dickens, but it tends to move around
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2018, 07:12 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,878,381 times
If nothing comes back from the exams then I would suggest ensuring your nutrition is in order. Things go haywire in the body as you get older without the proper nutritional support. If you are deficient in anything - Random muscle pain or arthritic type inflammation is certainly not out of the question.

Old 10-19-2018, 09:46 AM

2,038 posts, read 4,551,482 times
I've had something similar happen to me and in the same location - close to my appendectomy scar (I also have a c-section scar). It happens instantaneously but eases up very quickly. I also equate the pain to something tearing inside. I've never gone to the doctor for it although it has happened a few times.

Old 10-19-2018, 12:48 PM

15,250 posts, read 12,944,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
Abdominal pain can be hard to diagnose.

Is it possible it's referred pain from elsewhere?

Old 10-19-2018, 01:45 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,380,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesLucid View Post
I already have a Dr. appointment scheduled for tomorrow, no pain right now. I was just messing around in the garage a few hours ago and got sudden severe pain in my lower right abdomen. It literally put me on my knees. I got up and went into the house and laid on the floor planning on going to the emergency as soon as it eased up enough, which it did pretty quickly. When I stood up, there was just a bit of tenderness in the area which was fading quickly.

I decided to keep my previously scheduled appointment with my doc instead of going to the ER. I seem to remember having something similar about 2-4 weeks ago but not nearly so bad. It literally felt like something was tearing apart inside me. I broke out in a heavy sweat. It was almost at the exact location of my old (1966) appendectomy scar, definitely soft tissue pain, not muscle, certainly not bone. I’m at a loss as to what happened but I want my doc to at least do an x-ray. I just can’t imagine anyone experiencing such pain for no reason.

Anybody ever experience anything like this? I don’t have any health problems or physical injuries that I know that could cause this but I really do not want to experience that again.
I am sure your doctors will know but since you asked....

If you are a woman it sounds most commonly like ovulation, endometriosis, poly-cystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS).

If you are a man and have no other symptoms it could be hernia, gall bladder. If there is blood in the urine, kidney stones.

Old 10-19-2018, 02:56 PM

7,514 posts, read 13,605,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
I am sure your doctors will know but since you asked....

If you are a woman it sounds most commonly like ovulation, endometriosis, poly-cystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS).

If you are a man and have no other symptoms it could be hernia, gall bladder. If there is blood in the urine, kidney stones.
Also, any blood from stones is not necessarily obvious. A doc or lab should do a "dipstick" test.

I've had stones twice. Both times felt like intestinal/abdominal cramps. Non-obvious blood in urine both times. First showed on X-ray, treated by ESWL "shock wave" procedure. Second showed on MRI, 6mm stone passed on its own 6 months later.

Good Luck..........

Old 10-19-2018, 06:01 PM

2,819 posts, read 2,581,696 times
It sounds a lot like a kidney stone trying to leave the premises. Possibly in your ureters and sending waves of pain as urine tries to push it.

Old 10-19-2018, 07:13 PM

2,502 posts, read 2,070,019 times
Just a guess...diverticulosis.

I had some horrible pain in my belly, and that's the diagnosis they gave me.
Haven't had it since tho.

Old 10-19-2018, 07:28 PM

2,269 posts, read 1,636,204 times
Thanks for the suggestions. So, my doc and his PA actually spent a fair amount of time with me on this, lots of questions poking and prodding. He said it was basically good news that the pain was only for 3-4 minutes duration. He is not positive about what happened but thinks it most likely that I had a brief strangulation of part of my small intestines (literally ties itself in a knot and the blood flow is cut off). It appears to have corrected itself. My brother had the same thing and nearly lost a big chunk of his gut from it, so I was lucky.

He said if it happens again and the pain persists, get to the ER. If it happens again similar to last time, just a short duration, call him and he will set me up for a CT scan. Otherwise, good to go.

Old 10-20-2018, 03:11 AM

11,120 posts, read 5,582,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
Abdominal pain can be hard to diagnose. As other posters mentioned, adhesions can cause that kind of pain . If you're female, you get a similar pain with ovulation. And of course gas can hurt like the dickens, but it tends to move around
Gas it might be. Never ignore the simplest explanation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness