Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2018, 03:47 PM

6,103 posts, read 8,817,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
You're always running around like holistic and other alternative medicines are only there for the patients and never make any profit - that is not exactly true. Virtually every claim you make about 'big pharma' you can make about alternative medicine. You still have large companies trying to make a buck whatever way they can. There are greedy people on that side of the isle just like on the other side. If they can find a way to package and sell something they get for almost nothing; they would.

I can say that I helped make a products that saved millions from pain, suffering and death. There are not to many people manufacturing alternative medicines that can make the same claim.
And lets not forget to mention in the world of holistic medicine and supplements there are no regulations. So all those supplements and vitamins could be compromised buy improper ingredients and wrong dosages.

Old 10-23-2018, 05:28 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,649,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I worked for a pharmaceutical company and I feel our biggest mistake was allowing the companies to advertise. We train our doctors to prescribe our medications; but they obviously give patents what we ask for. If they did not; there would be no money in advertising. so patients are running to their doctors and saying: I saw this on TV and that is exactly what I need to feel better and the doctors are complying with the wishes of their patients! We have created this backwards system and I don't even know why we train our doctors today in pharmacology if they do not use their training to prescribe the best medication for our problems. Why are our professionals listening to laymen?
The ads actually SAY: "Ask your doctor (if drug x,y,z) is right for you." So drug sales are driven by drug companies marketing directly to customers. Doctors are the middle-man (pusher, depending on the drugs).

Last edited by nobodysbusiness; 10-23-2018 at 05:49 PM..

Old 10-23-2018, 05:45 PM

10,232 posts, read 6,315,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
The ads actually SAY: "Ask your doctor (if drug x,y,z) is right for you." So drug sales are driven by drug companies marking directly to customers. Doctors are the middle-man (pusher, depending on the drugs).
Fisheye may have worked for a Pharma but so did I. Corporate Finance. I come from a far different perspective than he does. Yes, Doctors are unpaid Salespeople. Cannot get better than that from a financial bottom line.

Old 10-23-2018, 07:43 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,670,889 times
Vaccine debate. Posts have been deleted and this thread is closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness