Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2018, 04:20 AM

7,234 posts, read 4,541,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Well, I am NOT speaking to this situation, just offering an uneducated, generalized opinion. Lowered BP could be a sign of a weak/failing heart. Lowered BS could be, on the surface a good thing.......but really is not if caused by abnormally high insulin secretions and/or
insulin-resistance.
Ok, I don't think either are at play. Actually when my BP started dropping I went to my doctor and asked her to consider bad reasons that it might be happening... I feared internal hemorrhaging from an ulcer or something. She did some testing, though she didn't test my heart specifically and pronounced me ok.

I have also had my fasting insulin tested and it is normal / low too. I had considered the IR scenario when considering Intermittent Fasting. But I just don't have any of the signs of insulin resistance and IR does nothing for me.

I didn't get into it in the original post but the thing that weirds me out is that on all markers of common blood tests everything has improved. Sometimes I have wondered if the labs have tightened up their procedures or something. Though I do actually get blood tests from different labs. Liver function, kidney function, iron status, platelet status, all these common markers have only improved as I age. The only thing that hasn't changed at all is cholesterol. Though triglycerides have improved.

One reason I am asking is to see if anyone raises a red flag but so far.. most people are like, just be happy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2018, 05:37 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,349,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Well, I am NOT speaking to this situation, just offering an uneducated, generalized opinion.

Lowered BP could be a sign of a weak/failing heart. Lowered BS could be, on the surface a good thing.......but really is not if caused by abnormally high insulin secretions and/or
insulin-resistance.
I was going to say the same thing...but didn't want to bring the OP down. I'd hope a doctor would consider the possibilities. Blood pressure especially can be too low.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness