U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Old Yesterday, 10:43 PM
29 posts, read 22,639 times
Reputation: 22


I need a legal advice. My baby has been in the hospital since her birth in January. She was born very prematurely. She is getting worse and since I am with her everyday I see errors in her care. I already tried to have her moved once but insurance denied. I feel that our hospital cant manage her care and they are understaffed. For example there are no pediatric cardiologists and no pediatric pulmonologists on staff. They are outsourced and visit once in a while. But my baby's problem is with the lungs and heart/ I have been in touch with other moms from other states and it seems when a baby is challenging they move them to more specialized hospital somewhere else. My hospital doesn't admit they cant manage my baby's care. Is there in institution I can contact to inform them about the situation? Do I have any rights? I am stuck in this only hospital and dont have the choice who to be the caregiver to my baby. We are located in Hawaii.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 02:59 AM
20,218 posts, read 28,280,479 times
Reputation: 18063
I don't understand the need for legal advice as the parent/legal guardian of your own child. The primary issue I see is gaining a transfer to a different facility which no doubt would be in the mainland US. I attache links of facilities in areas with direct flights from Hawaii that might work and perhaps calling the cardiology departments and asking for who handles transfer cases as well as their process. I would suggest obtaining copies of the current charts/medical records to have them ready to be scanned and sent for review upon request of the doctor or facility on the other end. These records are legally available for your review however it may take some elusiveness to get them off premise to copy. In the right hands with a diagnosis or treatment plan that doesn't mesh with the current care it should be sufficient enough to satisfy the insurance company. If not a not-for-profit like Texas Children's or others can/do provide in kind care for those minus insurance. It's going to take some initiative but as parent and advocate you will overcome. Best of luck and please do update once you've found something!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Today, 10:00 PM
Location: Mostly in my head
19,640 posts, read 53,524,973 times
Reputation: 18554
CD does not provide legal advice. I suggest you talk to an attorney where you are about your options. You can usually get a free consult at a clinic for low-income people if needed. Best of luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top