U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 03:56 PM

9,235 posts, read 10,224,221 times

Advertisements

I'm fortunate. My must-have foods are fish, cooked tomato, and eggs. I do remember when eggs were the butt of medical ignorance, but I kept eating them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 06:06 PM

15,439 posts, read 15,390,891 times
Things like cake, candy, donuts................don't eat very often, but probably would go insane if I
had to never eat again. A close second, corn or potato chips.

Old Yesterday, 06:37 PM

2,409 posts, read 4,451,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
I've already been there, there's nothing you can't give up if your body decides it's poison to you.
There are foods I dearly love, but none I'd be willing to sacrifice my health for if it were *proven* that they would seriously affect it.

Old Yesterday, 07:32 PM

19,291 posts, read 6,380,482 times
Good grief, if a doctor told me to give up a certain food to save my life, I surely would. Nothing is worth dying for, like foods of certain types.

I have not had a piece of cake in years, except for bran muffins I keep to a desert type taste and today had a lovely piece of pumpkin pie...enjoyed it very much with my nice turkey dinner.

Foods are NOT my loves. I like more foods than others, but generally I can eat anything. Just about anyway.

And to say, I'd go insane etc, a little bit too dramatic as I read and absorb it all.

On cheese, I've gone off it totally for some months and time to do it again. Believe I'm indulging too much now and hence the morning mucus.

Old Yesterday, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
So you visit your Doctor, he runs all kinds of test on you, and he finds out there's one food you've been eating that is causing your problem, and he tells you to stop eating that food, permanently, for the sake of your health.

And this may be some type of food you just can't live without. What food would that be that would send you into a long crying binge?

For me, it's cake with rich frosting. I have a piece of cake 365 days of the year, after dinner, and if my Dr. told me I couldn't eat cake anymore, I might have to call the Suicide Prevention Hotline!
\

Are you serious -- pc cake every day.

Old Yesterday, 09:50 PM

774 posts, read 418,614 times
My doctor said "Don't eat anything fatty". I said "like burgers and bacon"? He said "No fatty, don't eat anything".

Old Yesterday, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
My doctor said "Don't eat anything fatty". I said "like burgers and bacon"? He said "No fatty, don't eat anything".
If my doctor told me that I would not listen to him/her. I like my fats and believe our body needs them.

Old Yesterday, 10:22 PM

4,440 posts, read 1,670,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
So you visit your Doctor, he runs all kinds of test on you, and he finds out there's one food you've been eating that is causing your problem, and he tells you to stop eating that food, permanently, for the sake of your health.

And this may be some type of food you just can't live without. What food would that be that would send you into a long crying binge?

For me, it's cake with rich frosting. I have a piece of cake 365 days of the year, after dinner, and if my Dr. told me I couldn't eat cake anymore, I might have to call the Suicide Prevention Hotline!
Unless the food is creating life-threatening anaphylaxis I can't see any MD telling anyone they can never eat some food again. I can however see them saying to cut back on how MUCH of it you eat. That is manageable and realistic, so no, nothing would send me in to a crying binge or suicide. I'd adjust.

Old Yesterday, 10:23 PM

774 posts, read 418,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
If my doctor told me that I would not listen to him/her. I like my fats and believe our body needs them.
Oh My Gosh, this was a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Old Today, 02:55 AM

16,570 posts, read 20,156,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
\

Are you serious -- pc cake every day.
Yessirree! I make the most delicious frosting, Buttercream Frosting, and when it says to add a couple of tablespoons of milk to the frosting, I make it more addictive by adding 2 tablespoons of whipping cream instead. It's truly my heroin everyday! Pies just don't cut it for me!

Over the years, how many times have you read of some research study being negated by another research study. At one time drinking coffee was not the best for you, now it's good for you, to even help stave off dementia? What will be the next reversal?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or