Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2018, 12:43 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,557,815 times

Advertisements

AnnaGWS: Vertigo is something I don't deal with. Low blood pressure can be a cause as my friend has it a lot and she has low BP. I don't consume candy anymore but the other two I do in moderation. Salt is important in our bodies.

I don't know if the antioxidants are doing a great job in my body, but I thank the universe for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2018, 12:48 PM

30,585 posts, read 24,921,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I have no desire to give up my morning organic java, but I drink no more the rest of the day. Did when I worked but now if I get sleepy in afternoon, do a little close eye, no boss to tell me I can't. I'm the boss...

It's amazing how the body adapts when we remove long time foods/drinks we "lived on"...like for me I ate so much candy for so much of my life, and now the thought kinda makes me a bit sick..love not going to dentist for cavities too.
I‘m unable to sleep in the daytime unless I am sick. Drinking decaf works for me, especially through the winter months. And a cup of afternoon tea is restorative for both DH and me.

There is research that indicates drinking coffee and tea is healthful. So I don’t worry about doing it.

Old 11-24-2018, 12:58 PM

2,020 posts, read 1,106,819 times
Quote:
AnnaGWS: Vertigo is something I don't deal with. Low blood pressure can be a cause as my friend has it a lot and she has low BP. I don't consume candy anymore but the other two I do in moderation. Salt is important in our bodies.

I don't know if the antioxidants are doing a great job in my body, but I thank the universe for them.
Thanks. My blood pressure is on the low/normal side. I eat very little candy or sugar - not because I do not want to but because I feel better when I stick to a low sugar diet.

What antioxidants do you take?

Old 11-24-2018, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
I‘m unable to sleep in the daytime unless I am sick. Drinking decaf works for me, especially through the winter months. And a cup of afternoon tea is restorative for both DH and me.

There is research that indicates drinking coffee and tea is healthful. So I don’t worry about doing it.
Whatever works, I was drinking a cup of nice GReen Tea from Trader's ,,, Organic Yerba Mate and it has a nice group of herbs in it, but don't do that lately. I make it thru the day OK but I sure don't push myself with hard work,,,

I never napped all my life until I hit about 80 or a little earlier and now I can doze off a bit.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 11-24-2018 at 02:23 PM..

Old 11-24-2018, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaGWS View Post
Thanks. My blood pressure is on the low/normal side. I eat very little candy or sugar - not because I do not want to but because I feel better when I stick to a low sugar diet.

What antioxidants do you take?
Grape Seed Extract and Vit C are the biggies and been taking them for MANY years. And I know too they support my eyes as my eyes are good at 80.

Old 11-24-2018, 01:22 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,112,011 times
Quote:
My good friend could take off 50-60 lbs but won't give up her wine. So...I do believe that goes to sugar and hence her weight. I've given up wines but had a few sips of Stella beer yesterday with dinner.
oh for sure it adds to our waist line. Yes, it is the sugar even though the wine itself doesn't have that many calories. I just figure at almost 82 it isn't going to make much difference. The doctor has stopped pushing me to lose weight. My husband, who is never drank as much as I do cut back on his wine (he still does drink some) ad without trying has lost about 10 lbs. He isn't at all heavy now and there are very few people at his age that can eat more than he does.

Old 11-24-2018, 01:26 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,112,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annabanana123 View Post
I was on Coumadin for 6 months and couldn’t eat leafy green veggies, that was hard because I usually have a salad almost every day. But I’d say chocolate would be devastating....not that I have it every day but when I do it’s amazing.
Hubby was on coumadin for years. He could still eat salads, just had to be a little more careful. I know many who, like you did give it up.

Old 11-24-2018, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
oh for sure it adds to our waist line. Yes, it is the sugar even though the wine itself doesn't have that many calories. I just figure at almost 82 it isn't going to make much difference. The doctor has stopped pushing me to lose weight. My husband, who is never drank as much as I do cut back on his wine (he still does drink some) ad without trying has lost about 10 lbs. He isn't at all heavy now and there are very few people at his age that can eat more than he does.
My friend since afib is now on heart meds and continues the wine and beer. Says it squalches the back pain.

Old 11-25-2018, 05:22 AM

669 posts, read 572,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I wouldn't eat cake every day, but I have a friend who has chocolate chip cookies every day except during Lent, when she gives them up. She is a stick.
My apologies to the op.

Old 11-25-2018, 06:26 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,190,784 times
"Can't live without it" but it's killing you. Rather than suicide hotline seek help for your food addiction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness