U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 12:19 PM

19,593 posts, read 6,493,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BijouBaby View Post
And how, pray tell, do you know you don't have cataracts if you haven't had an eye exam in 7 years??? Your statement is laughable and cannot be supported with any credible evidence.
Because I see very well, colors are bright, no blurry issues...who else knows better about themselves than themselves? And as I said 20 yrs ago or so I was told, they are coming...that was 20 yrs ago and 20 yrs of antioxidants and eye supports. ummmm

You know there are people who make it thru life and never have this surgery,, it's not a criteria to our living.

Last edited by jaminhealth; Today at 12:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 01:40 PM

7,923 posts, read 5,530,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BijouBaby View Post
And how, pray tell, do you know you don't have cataracts if you haven't had an eye exam in 7 years??? Your statement is laughable and cannot be supported with any credible evidence.
I can't rep you again

Old Today, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Because I see very well, colors are bright, no blurry issues...who else knows better about themselves than themselves? And as I said 20 yrs ago or so I was told, they are coming...that was 20 yrs ago and 20 yrs of antioxidants and eye supports. ummmm

You know there are people who make it thru life and never have this surgery,, it's not a criteria to our living.
I had no idea how bad my eye was until after the patch came off.

I had no blurring. I thought colors were correct and bright. I am an advanced amature photographer and I know colors. Or, at least, I thought I knew colors. The color shift between left and right eye is dramatic.

My only complaint was that I could no longer pick up the front sights on my guns. They looked like four leaf clovers. No bluring just distortion of points of light or tiny circles. I just thought I needed new glasses

I wouldn't have known I even had cataracts if my opthamologist didn't tell me when I went in for new glasses

So, you may, or may not have them and your stubbornness in avoiding medical care may hide the fact that you have cataracts. Ignorance is bliss--maybe!

You don't have to have the surgery. I chose to because they were interfering with shooting competitions that I was very involved with doing monthly. The surgery is not emergency surgery, have it or not. It's your choice

Old Today, 02:31 PM

19,593 posts, read 6,493,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
I had no idea how bad my eye was until after the patch came off.

I had no blurring. I thought colors were correct and bright. I am an advanced amature photographer and I know colors. Or, at least, I thought I knew colors. The color shift between left and right eye is dramatic.

My only complaint was that I could no longer pick up the front sights on my guns. They looked like four leaf clovers. No bluring just distortion of points of light or tiny circles. I just thought I needed new glasses

I wouldn't have known I even had cataracts if my opthamologist didn't tell me when I went in for new glasses

So, you may, or may not have them and your stubbornness in avoiding medical care may hide the fact that you have cataracts. Ignorance is bliss--maybe!

You don't have to have the surgery. I chose to because they were interfering with shooting competitions that I was very involved with doing monthly. The surgery is not emergency surgery, have it or not. It's your choice
I don't know why so many of you can't believe people can take such good care of their own health including eyes. And if it's stubborness as you call it, go ahead. I'm stubborn as I don't want to live at doctors and love taking care of my own health with all that is out there for us today.

Good, do what you do is for your life and I do what is for mine. Fair?????

Old Today, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I don't know why so many of you can't believe people can take such good care of their own health including eyes. And if it's stubborness as you call it, go ahead. I'm stubborn as I don't want to live at doctors and love taking care of my own health with all that is out there for us today.

Good, do what you do is for your life and I do what is for mine. Fair?????
Fair
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness