U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2018, 09:38 PM

33 posts, read 5,584 times

Advertisements

I've seen two tv ads so far from this medical entity: liver transplants and cornea care.

Who are these people? Have you or a loved one used their services?

I think I'll stick to the current wealth of renowned hospitals in our area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2018, 01:04 AM

21,784 posts, read 26,454,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Resourcer View Post
I've seen two tv ads so far from this medical entity: liver transplants and cornea care.

Looks like it is one of the renowned hospital systems in your area.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Univer...Medical_Center

Old 11-29-2018, 01:19 AM

4,777 posts, read 5,918,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Resourcer View Post

If you're located in Philadelphia, I'm surprised UPMC is advertising those services there. UPMC has hospitals across PA and Western NY, but currently has no plans to add any in Philadelphia. The closest UPMC hospitals to Philly are in Harrisburg. UPMC Healthplan, the insurance subsidiary, is doing business in Philly.

Old 11-29-2018, 06:33 AM

3,708 posts, read 2,901,979 times
UPMC is one of the most well renowned academic medical centers in the U.S. and patients come there from all over, depending on the program or Dept. As a system, they have a pretty extensive outreach program, with multiple satellite hospitals and clinics located in Western and Central PA.

My in laws lived half the year in Western PA until very recently, and both had care at UMPC facilities, including my FIL who had surgery for a fractured ankle at a UPMC satellite hospital, as well as a kidney removed (and subsequent follow up) at the Pittsburgh flagship. They always received excellent care from well trained physicians and staff.

Last edited by Texas Ag 93; 11-29-2018 at 06:43 AM..

Old 11-29-2018, 08:59 AM

10,831 posts, read 19,251,663 times
I'm from Pgh. originally so I know who the company is but they air lots of ads here as well (DC Metro area) - strange.

Old 11-29-2018, 01:16 PM

3,708 posts, read 2,901,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I'm from Pgh. originally so I know who the company is but they air lots of ads here as well (DC Metro area) - strange.

That does seem a bit unusual. Given the number of outstanding institutions in both D.C. as well as Philly (as a PP speculated might be the OP's location earlier), I can't imagine UPMC expects to gain any market share by people traveling from those areas, so perhaps they're advertising as part of a regional name recognition or branding campaign.

Last edited by Texas Ag 93; 11-29-2018 at 02:15 PM..

Old Today, 06:48 PM

33 posts, read 5,584 times
THanks for info. An elderly neioghbor of mine said she has their insurance and loves the benefits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness