U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Today, 01:04 PM

19,566 posts, read 6,477,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
So prolotherapy caused your knee infection which led to surgery but now you are thinking of doing that again to avoid surgery.....makes perfect sense.....

I can't imagine anyone being willing to stick another needle in your knee with your history of previous infection likely related to same.....
Yes, I've had successful prolo going back 10 yrs and one bad event isn't changing my mind...better than invasive replacement any day. Talking with the D.O. the other day, he has moved and now has ultrasound and that guidance can help. Infection can happen in so many cases, and for sure surgery ....

There is fear/concern of what could go wrong any time a doctor/surgeon messes with us.

The other options are major surgery on knee and I can't go there, if I ever will, don't know.

I know you are a cheerleader for surgery and I'm not.

I was never upset with the D.O. as the first 4 sessions on the knee were fine, but the 5th, he hit the wrong spot or whatever. Plus he does great body work and during my time with him he had gotten me off ibuprofen, he preached on how toxic it is and I know that...so maybe I'll be able to get off it again...willing to look further now.

I put so much blame on the team of doctors who didn't "find" the infection for almost 3 months, finally did MRI and there it was. So I encountered so much damage being pushed to walk on the infected knee and I could not and the rehabs kept pushing. That's where the major blame is as I see it for me.

Last edited by jaminhealth; Today at 01:20 PM..

Old Today, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Your arthritis would have advanced REGARDLESS....what part of that do you not understand????

Arthritis is ALWAYS progressive it NEVER gets better ONLY worse...

Almost everyone has a leg length discrepancy...it doesn't lead to "structural damage "

Conclusion

Anatomic leg-length inequality is near universal, but the average magnitude is small and not likely to be clinically significant.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1232860/

Your hip replacement didn't "cause" your knee arthritis....you have mentioned your knee pain in literally thousands of posts and how long it has been ongoing...

The infection may in fact have made it worse (the surgery was likely of benefit and almost certainly did no more harm)

mod edit: rudeness deleted
The surgery started the spiral of what has taken placed in my body, all right side of body for sure.

Old Today, 08:37 PM

21,800 posts, read 26,463,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I put so much blame on the team of doctors who didn't "find" the infection for almost 3 months, finally did MRI and there it was. So I encountered so much damage being pushed to walk on the infected knee and I could not and the rehabs kept pushing. That's where the major blame is as I see it for me.
I believe you consulted an attorney who did not feel your care was deficient.

Infections are not diagnosed with MRI. They are diagnosed by drawing fluid from the knee joint to culture for bacteria.

I believe you initially fell and hurt the knee. It's hard to see why any doctor would consider an infection at that point. Most likely the infection developed while you were in the hospital and was not diagnosable when you were admitted.

https://www.webmd.com/arthritis/sept...nd-treatment#1

"How Is Septic Arthritis Diagnosed?
A procedure called arthrocentesis is commonly used to make an accurate diagnosis of septic arthritis. This procedure involves a surgical puncture of the joint to draw a sample of the joint fluid, known as synovial fluid. Normally, this fluid is sterile and acts as a lubricant."

"X-rays are typically done to look for joint damage. Blood tests can also be used to monitor inflammation. MRI scanning is sensitive in evaluating joint destruction but is less useful in the early stages ."

Old Today, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
I believe you consulted an attorney who did not feel your care was deficient.

Infections are not diagnosed with MRI. They are diagnosed by drawing fluid from the knee joint to culture for bacteria.

I believe you initially fell and hurt the knee. It's hard to see why any doctor would consider an infection at that point. Most likely the infection developed while you were in the hospital and was not diagnosable when you were admitted.

https://www.webmd.com/arthritis/sept...nd-treatment#1

"How Is Septic Arthritis Diagnosed?
A procedure called arthrocentesis is commonly used to make an accurate diagnosis of septic arthritis. This procedure involves a surgical puncture of the joint to draw a sample of the joint fluid, known as synovial fluid. Normally, this fluid is sterile and acts as a lubricant."

"X-rays are typically done to look for joint damage. Blood tests can also be used to monitor inflammation. MRI scanning is sensitive in evaluating joint destruction but is less useful in the early stages ."
As I've said before attorneys won't touch the infection issue and I can't imagine even thinking about the hip issue and an attorney, there are so many across the world with hip jobs gone wrong. One has to be about dead or a limb missing for an attorney to listen. If attorneys took every gone wrong case they could not do anything else. The doctors are protected that's for sure.

It seems like every time I turned around they were wheeling me down for more xrays and had I only known then what I know now, I would be screaming "do an MRI"...that is what showed the infection. Believe what you want SQ I lived thru it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness