U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2018, 02:24 PM

4,145 posts, read 1,857,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill_Schramm View Post
Also, I am no anti-vaxer, but I am still troubled that this rare autoimmune disease (which no one else in my family has ever had) came on suddenly a day after I got a flu shot.
Have you reported it? https://vaers.hhs.gov/reportevent.html

If not, please do. Vaccines should be monitored for safety & our only method of post marketing surveillance is the passive reporting system of VAERS. Only about 55% of VAERS reports are filed by doctors: Patients, families & ancillary health care professionals make up the difference.

As a passive reporting system, the NIH admits that only a “small fraction” of adverse events have been reported. You don’t need proof that the vaccine caused your condition; the purpose of the database is to compile consistencies of conditions or events that have occurred after vaccinations.

It’s unfortunate that advocating for safe immunizations now has a social implication of being anti-vaccine. It’s like saying that advocates of safety restraints for children in car seats are implying they are “anti-seat belt” when they volunteer to check your child’s car seat for proper positioning.

They aren’t, of course. They just want for the right products to be utilized the right way for different groups of children; based on age, height & weight & if any one of those parameters are wrong; the result can be fatal.

Last edited by coschristi; 12-02-2018 at 02:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2018, 02:32 PM

19,573 posts, read 6,485,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakingbad View Post
What is it with Tramadol? My brother has neuropathy and was given a Tramaold rx, but only two per day which does very little to alleviate his pain. It surely isn't fentanyl but....
So much neuropathy today and on another group I'm on it's a huge group dealing with neuropathy. I have some now and I KNOW it's from the toxic drugs I took due to major surgery some yrs ago. So in my case I believe drugs and nerve damage from surgery.

I don't recall ever hearing the word neuropathy growing up from my family.

Old 12-02-2018, 04:16 PM

1,820 posts, read 679,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Well, the needle only moved down by one month, so.......

We lived a month less.

Exactly. It's not a "trend." That's why I said we've just maxed out and stagnated at this level, and a change of a month or two is just random variation around the mean (margin of error). Maybe next year will be a month higher.

Old 12-02-2018, 04:40 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,802,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
So much neuropathy today and on another group I'm on it's a huge group dealing with neuropathy. I have some now and I KNOW it's from the toxic drugs I took due to major surgery some yrs ago. So in my case I believe drugs and nerve damage from surgery.

I don't recall ever hearing the word neuropathy growing up from my family.
I never heard about it growing up either. I know it is real and debilitating though. I do not envy people with neuropathy and hope they can find a cure but there is big money to be made off people with medical conditions right

Old 12-02-2018, 05:20 PM

19,573 posts, read 6,485,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakingbad View Post
I never heard about it growing up either. I know it is real and debilitating though. I do not envy people with neuropathy and hope they can find a cure but there is big money to be made off people with medical conditions right
So so many have it today, I'm on other forums as well and also a friend sprung it on us some yrs back and turns out she was taking cholesterol drugs from doc and also radiation for skin cancers. Maybe it's been always around and never heard a lot of complaints. My parents didn't take much more than aspirin most of the lives. Antioxidants do help reduce some of the pain, my friend told us once she got on some grape seed ex way back.

Old 12-02-2018, 06:54 PM

8,761 posts, read 4,801,268 times
Gotta start viewing suicide as a symptom...

Gotta start viewing addiction as a symptom...

It is more accurate to say that life expectancy is on the decline because of mental health issues that ultimately lead to suicide and addiction.

Until we do so, it will get worse.

Old 12-02-2018, 11:28 PM

18,280 posts, read 17,436,715 times
Besides all the other reasons like food additives, air pollution, toxic prescription drugs, addictive drugs, suicide, and whatever else there may be, modern medicine has enabled people to live, who would not have survived in the past.

Babies who would have died because they were not strong enough, kids who would have died from childhood diseases. In these examples, the people wouldn't have lived to reproduce.

Cruel as it may be, nature had a way of filtering out the weak. Natural selection, survival of the fittest.

Many of the previous generations lived only because of a strong constitution. Strong, tough suvivors. Now the sickly can survive too--and we're glad that they do. But it will make the human race weaker in the long run.

Old 12-03-2018, 12:35 AM

441 posts, read 89,048 times
My Mother lived to be 95, and I am healthier than she was at my current age. But, that doesn't mean there isn't something right around the corner that I might get. I just hope I will get to keep my marbles. There's never been any dementia in my family...... I don't want to be the first.

Old 12-03-2018, 02:38 AM

4,145 posts, read 1,857,465 times
It is kind of weird, though; that in 2015 when our life expectancy was slightly higher (78.74); we still ranked as #39, out of 190 countries.
https://www.indexmundi.com/facts/ind...00.IN/rankings

We are in between #38: Chile & #40: Qatar. I mean ... what? For context; #35 is Cuba & #36 is Lebanon. As far as our neighbors go; we are closer to Mexico; #52, with a LE of 76.88 ... Than we are to Canada; #15, with a LE of 82.13.

With the exception of my paternal grandpa (Died in his late 50ís after serving as a Navy surgeon during WWII, was on the beach of Normandy during D-day & was exposed to fumes/smoke/gases-died of lung cancer); all my grandparents lived into their late 80ís & early 90ís.

All had (obviously) survived the Spanish Flu epidemic & they were in their 40ís before mass immunizations occurred. Nobody really knew what conditions like MS, Fibromyalgia, autoimmune disorders, etc ... even were. Pediatric cancer was rare. All cancer occurred much less frequently. Suicide rates were high during both WWII & Vietnam.

Even if it is just one months difference, at no point in the 2000ís should the US be in between Chile & Qatar; or lower than Cuba & Lebanon. We should not rank at #39, next to Canada at #15.

Seriously, itís not suicide & opiate abuse.

Japanís suicide rate is 14.3 yet they rank #2 for LE at 83.84. Finlandís suicide rate is the same as ours (13.8) but they rank #27 for LE at 82.83; so Im not sure how the US is supposedly so impacted by our lower suicide rates than countries with higher LEís have been. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...y_suicide_rate

Mortality rates have been reported in an odd way over the last few decades. Deaths from cancer have risen dramatically since the 1960ís but itís slways reported as ďMore people surviving cancerĒ; but they donít mention how high cancer prevalence is. Of course; the more people that are getting cancer overall; the more survivors there will be.

Life expectancy is typically calculated as ďfrom birthĒ & nobody is talking about childrenís health. Between obesity, fatal food allergies & the fact that over 13% of US children require special education services today; I donít think that life expectancy for children born after 2000 is going to be longer than ours is.

Old 12-03-2018, 06:55 AM

43 posts, read 13,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Have you reported it? https://vaers.hhs.gov/reportevent.html

If not, please do. Vaccines should be monitored for safety & our only method of post marketing surveillance is the passive reporting system of VAERS. Only about 55% of VAERS reports are filed by doctors: Patients, families & ancillary health care professionals make up the difference.

As a passive reporting system, the NIH admits that only a ďsmall fractionĒ of adverse events have been reported. You donít need proof that the vaccine caused your condition; the purpose of the database is to compile consistencies of conditions or events that have occurred after vaccinations.

Itís unfortunate that advocating for safe immunizations now has a social implication of being anti-vaccine. Itís like saying that advocates of safety restraints for children in car seats are implying they are ďanti-seat beltĒ when they volunteer to check your childís car seat for proper positioning.

They arenít, of course. They just want for the right products to be utilized the right way for different groups of children; based on age, height & weight & if any one of those parameters are wrong; the result can be fatal.
Thanks for this info. Unfortunately, this happened three years ago and I donít have the information I need to fill out the form. I donít even remember exactly where and when I had the shot. I just remember the result, unfortunately. The bad thing is now Iím afraid of getting vaccinated again. I suppose when I get old enough, Iíll just take this risk. For now, Iím relying on herd immunity, or more specifically my husbandís immunity since he has been really good about getting his shot to protect me as well as himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or