U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2018, 04:24 PM

19,568 posts, read 6,485,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Having a father with Alzheimer's, I have only learned that if it's coming it's coming - no matter what you do to prevent it. He was a brilliant man, constantly exercising his brain (he could literally do calculus in his head), and lived a fairly healthy lifestyle too. Still got him, and genetically there's a chance it'll get me and/or my siblings too. So all I can do is hope for a cure!

Of course it doesn't hurt to TRY preventative measures, but so far all of these "miracle cures" (like coconut milk) have proven ineffective. Can't fight the brain, I guess.
There are many alternatives to "slow down or prevent" memory issues and I've been doing my reading and research for myself..I don't want to end up in a home for dementia patients. I'm 80 and been working on this issue for probably 20 some yrs when we were talking about overload of aluminum in the brain.

And how do you know if CO doesn't work if you are not working with it?

Amazing how so many are so quick to dismiss what could help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2018, 04:39 PM
Status: "If it ain't broke, update it until it is." (set 18 hours ago)

13,454 posts, read 7,591,960 times
Eating a healthy diet keeps you healthy. Who would have thought?

Old 12-03-2018, 04:43 PM

1,059 posts, read 644,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Neurologists tend to draw from the super nerds of med school classes.
i think the bow ties make that clear.

Old 12-03-2018, 04:43 PM

19,274 posts, read 10,324,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post
You keep asking this, try actually reading the article. This is one of his sources and I'll make it easy for you, I'll quote AGAIN, as I did in the OP.

Source
Relative intake of macronutrients impacts risk of mild cognitive impairment or dementia.
Except of course, then there's this

Quote:
CONCLUSION:
The dietary pattern with high percentage of energy intake from fat and protein, and low-energy intake from carbohydrate might have been associated with cognitive decline in a Chinese population under 65 years of age.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29317416#

Old 12-03-2018, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old fed View Post
i think the bow ties make that clear.
Oh that's a strange comment, what does that have to do with alzheimers? Thanks.

Old 12-03-2018, 05:55 PM

14,754 posts, read 18,923,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
So I guess you have no desire to read any of his info and best selling books? ....

Best selling books dont necessarily contain truth. If they did, people would accept the Bible's word on how the world was created and how man was saved.

Old 12-03-2018, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Best selling books dont necessarily contain truth. If they did, people would accept the Bible's word on how the world was created and how man was saved.
Oh here we go, now we're on the bible. You all don't buy Dr. Perlmutter's work, why bother even responding, oh I know why.

Old 12-03-2018, 05:59 PM

28,338 posts, read 43,762,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
There are many alternatives to "slow down or prevent" memory issues and I've been doing my reading and research for myself..I don't want to end up in a home for dementia patients. I'm 80 and been working on this issue for probably 20 some yrs when we were talking about overload of aluminum in the brain.

And how do you know if CO doesn't work if you are not working with it?

Amazing how so many are so quick to dismiss what could help.
I'm not dismissing anything, and as I said, it never HURTS to try preventative measures. I'm just saying that people (like my father) who do everything right still end up with Alz/Dementia, and given the severity of the disease, it's hard to believe something like coconut oil will prevent it. No harm in trying, but I don't want to get my hopes up too high.

Good news is that studies have shown cannabis to reduce your chances, so my brother and I were joking that we're 100% safe if that's true.

Old 12-03-2018, 06:03 PM

13,710 posts, read 7,361,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post
You're obviously misinformed. Do you think the diet that is mentioned here would contribute to the diseases you mention? Wrong on every count. Oh, you will hear that from other people that have their own agenda but where's the proof?
Where is YOUR proof?

Old 12-03-2018, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I'm not dismissing anything, and as I said, it never HURTS to try preventative measures. I'm just saying that people (like my father) who do everything right still end up with Alz/Dementia, and given the severity of the disease, it's hard to believe something like coconut oil will prevent it. No harm in trying, but I don't want to get my hopes up too high.

Good news is that studies have shown cannabis to reduce your chances, so my brother and I were joking that we're 100% safe if that's true.
Read Dr. Mary Newport's story about her husband and CO she treated him with. I don't know what it can do with alz full blown but I've been using CO for years now. And i've cut grains out of my life some time ago too. Who KNOWS.... I've done years of research on prevention of health issues. I didn't do it early enough for the OA I deal with perhaps. For me could have lots of years consuming sugars/refined carbs. And more inflammation.

So many are cutting out good fats today as the media sources have been promoting these no fat, low fat designer foods...could be a result too of the memory issues. I never bought into the low fat stuff, give me the real foods.

And I've been taking a powerful antioxidant for over 24 yrs that reduces amyloid plaque on the brain. It's sad more and more in our country don't work with prevention but end up rushing to the pharma drugs when the issues are full blown.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 12-03-2018 at 06:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or