U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2018, 08:05 PM

5,907 posts, read 8,545,462 times

Advertisements

The reason I am asking is because there is a group of women (BII) Breast Implant Illness, who are saying they have had theirs removed and now feel so much better, healthwise. The procedure is called explantation and I am considering removing the implant I got, after breast cancer.

Women about 50,000 strong, state that symptoms include enormous inflammation , aches and pains, headaches, vision problems, dropping things constantly, memory loss, and a host of other illnesses that may or may not be due to silicone breast implants. Could the implants cause this? They don't know but some doctors are telling patients the only way to know is to have them removed.

And, ten years is about all they should remain implanted. I have had one, after the mastectomy, for 10 years and have a variety of unexplained symptoms, with no real reason. I just do not think I should have all of these problems.

If you had this explantation procedure, please respond. Would like to know your experience. TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2018, 11:01 PM

19,602 posts, read 6,493,281 times
A friend of a friend, very vain person, had implants done probably 30+ yrs ago and she had a lot of issues, had them removed, re-done, and now I understand from my friend, they have been removed for good...this person is in dementia now which started to come on maybe 10 yrs ago, she's now in very early 80's and can't live alone now. Personally, I would never do this to myself but it's done so much.

Old Today, 07:11 AM

310 posts, read 129,665 times
There are forums that talk about breast implant illness and you can find information on removal. If you look up complications, you can find a ton of information. I think even CNN or Fox news had some article recently on new problems with the implants. This is one thing I highly recommend against getting. As for mastectomy reconstruction, it is understandable. However, I have a friend that had a mastectomy that was trying to make a decision and she ultimately chose not to get implants. She looks absolutely fabulous. I like the sleek look of a smaller chest anyway. She is a smaller statured med tall girl and rocks her clothing styles and look.

Old Today, 08:24 PM

15,520 posts, read 15,464,351 times
I have no doubt that there are people who have had adverse reaction to all sorts of bodily-implants, breast-implants included.

Some people have poor reactions to the stainless-steel in replacement-joints.

The hardest part, most times, is being sure the implant is actually the reason you are experiencing health-problems.

Old Today, 08:48 PM

52 posts, read 20,708 times
I've not had implants, but saw this on the nightly news last week - the textured implants are linked to anaplastic large cell lymphoma:

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...plants-n940181

Just wanted to pass it along in case you have a textured implant. If you're near the 10 year mark, it's good you're doing research on whether to replace or remove. Good luck with your decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness