Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2018, 09:15 PM

174 posts, read 326,645 times

Advertisements

Its been a few years that I had a friend die from an overdose. I met her at work in a call center in San Diego. She kept to herself at first but we eventually became friends. Her story was that she was the 1st female firewoman in San Diego in the 90's. She had a boyfriend who introduced her to heroin and began to carry across the border when she was caught and spent 5 years in prison. When she came to work, she had just been released from prison. She didn't talk to anyone for a whole year. She was such a hard worker and was trying so hard to keep a clean life. I really loved her. Then her ex called her and she told me she wanted to stay away from him. But she decided to see him one day and that was the tragedy. She tried heroin and overdosed and died. I was told by a family member that the ex said she didn't have much but her body could not take it. I always wondered why she died. Why would she die from such a small dose. Anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2018, 09:58 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,601,599 times
Sorry for your loss, but why did you post in the AZ forum, and why are you asking a bunch of strangers on the internet how (or why) your friend died?

Old 12-03-2018, 02:13 AM

83 posts, read 73,321 times
I'm also sorry for your loss while also wondering how this directly relates to Arizona itself? Maybe you should try posting this in one of the general forums such as grief and mourning or non-romantic relationships.

Old 12-03-2018, 08:49 AM

990 posts, read 2,556,922 times
Recognizing that this comes from "A cold dead heart"....

Why should we care?

She likely knew the outcome from the first moment she "slammed" the syringe into her veins.

Old 12-03-2018, 07:13 PM

1,699 posts, read 2,431,979 times
You would think a fire (wo)man is in the know..... And they get drug tested. Strange story.

Old 12-03-2018, 08:03 PM

1,023 posts, read 1,451,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelfood View Post
...I was told by a family member that the ex said she didn't have much but her body could not take it. I always wondered why she died. Why would she die from such a small dose. Anyone?
That is typical B.S. nonsense that a junkie's family might lie about to make it seem like the deceased was not responsible for her own death. She took to much and died, period. She is not a victim.

Old 12-03-2018, 08:18 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,247,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsphxpelon View Post
that is typical b.s. Nonsense that a junkie's family might lie about to make it seem like the deceased was not responsible for her own death. She took to much and died, period. She is not a victim.
+1.

Old 12-03-2018, 09:31 PM

174 posts, read 326,645 times
I honestly have a hard time manuevring around this website. Haven't been here for years. Couldn't find a forum. But thanks for feedback those of you answered sincerely. Arizona is a where I and other people live and I just thought people who had experience might respond. Don't respond if you have nothing to say about it.

Old 12-03-2018, 10:14 PM

3,109 posts, read 2,970,654 times
The part about a call center employee, being a parolee should ring pretty close to home...that is how they operate. Heroin is now commonly cut with elephant tranquilizer...elephants commonly weigh 10,000 pounds. You stated, she tried it, but had already done years for it....doubtful she was trying it.

Old 12-04-2018, 09:34 AM

3,610 posts, read 1,205,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelfood View Post
I honestly have a hard time manuevring around this website. Haven't been here for years. Couldn't find a forum. But thanks for feedback those of you answered sincerely. Arizona is a where I and other people live and I just thought people who had experience might respond. Don't respond if you have nothing to say about it.
I don't know you, but you are grieving for your friend's passing and I am sorry. You said, "She tried heroin and overdosed and died...the ex said she didn't have much but her body could not take it. I always wondered why she died. Why would she die from such a small dose"? I really have no idea, but I think you will get a much more balanced discussion if this topic was in the Health and Wellness forum. Perhaps a moderator could move it over there.

Last edited by tumamoc; 12-04-2018 at 09:43 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness