Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2018, 11:21 AM

171 posts, read 141,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlguy44 View Post
This individual has been given the same advice over and over i.e to go and see a Gastroenterologist so that an EGD can be done. It makes one wonder if this is just Trolling. The Moderator has also addressed the issue.

I already explained that i have bills including an emergency room bill of freaking 2000 freaking dollars, my insurance stars on january, makes no sense to not use it when is already dec 21, but of course, is easier to put the person suffering in a box as "crazy" or mentally ill

is easier to look down on someone else and tell him, get help, you're mental, how do you think that makes me feel? I never asked for your help. I created this thread to share my experience and get some form of emotional relief knowing that others have it. It does help me feel more at ease, sharing the things I feel. Whether you believe me making this posts help me or not is irrelevant, it does help me, makes me feel safer, knowing im not alone

You dont know anything about me, you don't know if I'm all alone in this world and have no one to talk to, no one who cares and the only venue i may have is this, you dont know

"go get help" yeah easy to say that, if you are willing to pay for the hundreds of dollars it will cost every session? and insurance may not even cover that. If it was free or affordable, i would have gone to a therapist a long time ago, not to mention, anxiety or mental illness, assuming i have that, is not something that can be fixed overnight

lots of people who still have social anxiety and phobias despite seeing therapist and taking medication, if it was that simple, there would no one who is anxious, yet there are countless of forums with thousands of people who suffer fro, all forms of anxiety

Last edited by NasalPolyps; 12-21-2018 at 11:35 AM..

Old 12-21-2018, 12:41 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,473,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlguy44 View Post
This individual has been given the same advice over and over i.e to go and see a Gastroenterologist so that an EGD can be done. It makes one wonder if this is just Trolling. The Moderator has also addressed the issue.
Good point. The OP asks others for advice and then shoots them down and turns this into a debate? about GERD? It's not that complicated and it seems like trolling to me. Move on already.

Old 12-21-2018, 05:29 PM

Its not trolling. You should read my thread on the cancer forum, that is the main thing causing me anxiety which i didn't want to confess yet

I still feel a tender sensation on left side below the ribcage, i dont know what it is, but this started after this recent reflux episode, so i dont know if is an ulcer or hiatal hernia, or it could be something else, if becomes painful, then ill have no choice but to go to the er

Old 12-21-2018, 06:13 PM

6,103 posts, read 8,817,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NasalPolyps View Post
Its not trolling. You should read my thread on the cancer forum, that is the main thing causing me anxiety which i didn't want to confess yet

I still feel a tender sensation on left side below the ribcage, i dont know what it is, but this started after this recent reflux episode, so i dont know if is an ulcer or hiatal hernia, or it could be something else, if becomes painful, then ill have no choice but to go to the er
Why not just go to your doctor?

Old 12-21-2018, 06:16 PM

5,425 posts, read 3,488,609 times
Quote:
is easier to look down on someone else and tell him, get help, you're mental, how do you think that makes me feel? I never asked for your help. I created this thread to share my experience and get some form of emotional relief knowing that others have it. It does help me feel more at ease, sharing the things I feel. Whether you believe me making this posts help me or not is irrelevant, it does help me, makes me feel safer, knowing im not alone....
I agree you should be able to post what you want within reason, that's what internet forums are all about. If others don't like what you write, they can choose to not read your threads.

Old 12-22-2018, 01:10 PM

If you have gerd, how do you deal with the holiday? Pretty much every food made by grandma will cause reflux, not to mention everyone has some wine or beer.

Old 12-22-2018, 04:14 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,298,103 times
Quote:
If you have gerd, how do you deal with the holiday? Pretty much every food made by grandma will cause reflux, not to mention everyone has some wine or beer.
You don't eat as much as you used too. You cut out the foods and beverages that are most acidic. You probably take more medication than you would otherwise.

Its a pain in the butt. Even after my surgery, I still can't each much chocolate or drink egg nog without paying a price for it.

GERD necessitates certain dietary changes regardless of whether you get medication for it or not.

Old 12-22-2018, 06:22 PM

Is there anything safe to drink when you have GERD like it seems every drink except water can cause problems

lemonade? acid
tea ? caffeine
coffee? caffeine
sodas? caffeine and bubbles
alcohol ? more acid

you can't drink anything except water

flavored water? citric acid, pottasium citrate

cant drink anything

Old 12-22-2018, 07:45 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,298,103 times
Quote:
Is there anything safe to drink when you have GERD like it seems every drink except water can cause problems

lemonade? acid
tea ? caffeine
coffee? caffeine
sodas? caffeine and bubbles
alcohol ? more acid

you can't drink anything except water

flavored water? citric acid, pottasium citrate

cant drink anything
I can drink some soda. Some wine. More beer. Sometimes a few mixed drinks.

Chocolate and coffee are about the worst things I can drink. Tea isn't particularly good. Herbal tea is a little easier to drink than regular tea.

I can have some lemonade.

Milk is your friend.

Old 12-22-2018, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
I can drink some soda. Some wine. More beer. Sometimes a few mixed drinks.

Chocolate and coffee are about the worst things I can drink. Tea isn't particularly good. Herbal tea is a little easier to drink than regular tea.

I can have some lemonade.

Milk is your friend.

I'm lactose sensitive. I can drink it and the next day, I have stomach rumbling, same thing happens with protein shakes that are not "isolated"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness