U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Yesterday, 01:47 PM
 
19 posts, read 1,639 times
Reputation: 28

Advertisements

Iím 34 years old. I never had this in my life but only recently these past 2 months Iíve been getting acid reflux/heart burn episodes. I donít know why. Maybe is my diet but I never had this before. I recognize all the symptoms of pressure below chest, funny taste in the back of your throat, belching, nausea, etc. antiaxids donít make it better at all. Lately I was eating lots of cereal bars like many times a day but I donít think that was the problem. I was also using benadryl to sleep for a few days and acid reflux happened right after thay and turns out is a side effect of benadryl

But this is really annoying I never had this before. I even went to the doc and he gave some pills which I took and they help a little but of course have side effects
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Yesterday, 02:22 PM
 
Location: Southern California
19,622 posts, read 6,500,984 times
Reputation: 13208
Quote:
Originally Posted by NasalPolyps View Post
Iím 34 years old. I never had this in my life but only recently these past 2 months Iíve been getting acid reflux/heart burn episodes. I donít know why. Maybe is my diet but I never had this before. I recognize all the symptoms of pressure below chest, funny taste in the back of your throat, belching, nausea, etc. antiaxids donít make it better at all. Lately I was eating lots of cereal bars like many times a day but I donít think that was the problem. I was also using benadryl to sleep for a few days and acid reflux happened right after thay and turns out is a side effect of benadryl

But this is really annoying I never had this before. I even went to the doc and he gave some pills which I took and they help a little but of course have side effects
Not something I deal with, hardly ever feel this issue, but I do take probiotics and that's my suggestion for starters and keep your diet lower acidic. So many drugs come with side effects, including benadryl. I'm over double your age and doing well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 02:32 PM
 
1,052 posts, read 538,129 times
Reputation: 1280
I have it real bad. What helps me is:

- Pepcid. I practically live off the stuff. Typically take one tablet before lunch and one before dinner if I know I'm going to be eating something spicy/acidic/greasy that will set off my acid reflux. I also take it if I eat dinner too late (like if I know I'll be sleeping within a couple hours of eating dinner).

- Laying off fatty, spicy, acidic, sugary, heavy foods. Citrus fruits destroy me. Pasta sauce, forget it. Fried rice also kills me.

- I sleep with my head elevated. Two pillows instead of one. This really helps. Also sleep with a rolled up towel under my neck for extra comfort so I can avoid neck pain.

- Exercise. I notice even if I just hop on the elliptical for 30 minutes a day, my symptoms seem to alleviate.

- Stay away from soda, coffee, and tea. The worst are soda and coffee by far, especially if you drink it black. Decaf green tea is ok every now and then, but not at night. I sometimes drink it with breakfast. For breakfast I eat plain oatmeal, so it helps keep the green tea from really causing too many problems.


I do also take the Align probiotic once a day, but I'm not sure if it helps with my symptoms. I actually started taking it because it helps relieve my psoriasis, which is a separate issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 02:44 PM
 
Location: McAllen, TX
3,013 posts, read 2,007,191 times
Reputation: 3589
It's a common misconception that GERD or acid reflux is a sign of too much acid, it's actually the opposite.So it's not the amount of acid that is different, it's the PH. Apple Cider vinegar may help, a small amount, like a tablespoon per day.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqBh5Oo-dng


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBV0THrWHbM

Try searching for "gerd" on youtube for more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 03:06 PM
 
Location: Southern California
19,622 posts, read 6,500,984 times
Reputation: 13208
So what is it, too much alkaline? How about a good balance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 03:35 PM
 
19 posts, read 1,639 times
Reputation: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post
It's a common misconception that GERD or acid reflux is a sign of too much acid, it's actually the opposite.So it's not the amount of acid that is different, it's the PH. Apple Cider vinegar may help, a small amount, like a tablespoon per day.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqBh5Oo-dng


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBV0THrWHbM

Try searching for "gerd" on youtube for more.
That guy is not a real doctor though, just a chiropractor who is a very good actor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 03:40 PM
 
19 posts, read 1,639 times
Reputation: 28
What I’m trying to understand is why this is happening now. I never had this in my life. I always had a propensity to constipation and I probably have ibs or celiac disease I need to get tested but I never had acid redlux. I read that it can happen when the muscles of the esophagus or some other area weaken due to aging

It really sucks first time I had it I thought I was having a heart attack even checked with doctor had xray, ekg, blood work and everything came out normal but my bilirubin was high. My mom told me i was born with high bilirubin, apparently is a genetic condition some people are born with it

Is called gilberts syndrome

Could it be related?

The pressure/sensation right below your ribcage is the most annoying symptom of this. And every time I get this acid reflux, my nose gets congested for some reason apparently is related and acid reflux can worsen sinusitis which I have
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 03:40 PM
 
Location: McAllen, TX
3,013 posts, read 2,007,191 times
Reputation: 3589
Quote:
Originally Posted by NasalPolyps View Post
That guy is not a real doctor though, just a chiropractor who is a very good actor.
Really? He's not a real doctor and doesn't know what he's talking about? So, I guess that we are doctors?

What he is saying is true, google it if you don't believe it which is what you could of done all along, same (or better) than asking us.

Here's a whole bunch of more videos. I guess all of these people are also full of it?
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=gerd
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 03:48 PM
 
Location: Wine Country
4,896 posts, read 5,984,404 times
Reputation: 8630
Get yourself some Prilosec, (or the generic - cheaper and works just as well) and take them for two weeks. I get occasional acid reflux and heartburn and I swear by it. I dont know why I get mine since my diet really doesn't change. It could be that spicy food catches up with me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 04:00 PM
 
19 posts, read 1,639 times
Reputation: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post
Really? He's not a real doctor and doesn't know what he's talking about? So, I guess that we are doctors?

What he is saying is true, google it if you don't believe it which is what you could of done all along, same (or better) than asking us.

Here's a whole bunch of more videos. I guess all of these people are also full of it?
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=gerd
He is not a doctor, so why does he uses the ďDr.Ē next to his name? He is a chiropractor. His advice isnít any better than any of us can offer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top