U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 11:35 AM

5,133 posts, read 12,857,322 times

Advertisements

If you have nasal polyps and a narrowed air passage, that could be the cause of your "suspected" apnea....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2018, 04:58 PM

69 posts, read 11,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post
If you have nasal polyps and a narrowed air passage, that could be the cause of your "suspected" apnea....

They are. I'm sleeping better now just using nasal breathing strips. I just can't bring myself to spend thousands of dollars for a surgery that would only be temporary, the polyps will return, but even if they do, it would take years for them to get big as they are now, so theoretically, it would give 2 or 3 years of improved breathing, even though the polyps would be growing back, they don't grow back in one day to the size they are now

Old 12-13-2018, 01:20 AM

23,177 posts, read 22,202,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NasalPolyps View Post
lol i need to get tested though, but im almost sure that i have it
Eat a gluten free diet for a couple of months and see if there is any improvement. You don't need a test to do that.

Old 12-13-2018, 09:37 AM

1,634 posts, read 3,013,553 times
I had the balloon sinuplasty procedure. It hurt like hell, but it was worth it... for 6 months. My son noted that it was just one more of my medical anomalies.

Old 12-13-2018, 11:13 AM

1,230 posts, read 727,639 times
I have Celiac disease. Please don't ever advise someone to cut out gluten (or wheat) without them first going to a doctor and being tested for Celiac or a wheat allergy.

OP--go get tested for Celiac. I had A LOT of sinus and nasal problems and once I received my diagnosis, and was able to get a hold on my diet-they cleared up. To this day, if I get any kind of cross contamination/glutening, my sinus and nasal issues come right back. My insomnia also cleared up.

Your teeth problems could also be related to these things, if you have any sort of acid reflux, etc.

If you do not have insurance or make a lot of money, most doctors offices offer a self pay program OR you may qualify for a federal discount.

Old 12-13-2018, 01:55 PM

612 posts, read 294,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
OP: All that rice is constipating. And of course not gluten free. I would start with eliminating as much gluten as possible. Cut out major amounts of carbs like rice, pasta, breads etc etc...get it?
Get your facts straight about rice. Rice does NOT contain gluten. Don't you know this?

Why are you bringing up rice anyway? The OP never mentioned anything about rice. All WHAT rice...???

Old 12-13-2018, 03:00 PM

4,758 posts, read 1,808,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BijouBaby View Post
Get your facts straight about rice. Rice does NOT contain gluten. Don't you know this?
How utterly ironic to be flagged for such a nutritional no-brainer.

Old 12-13-2018, 04:42 PM

3,300 posts, read 4,150,910 times
This is not remotely a cure-all for all these problems, but nattokinase would probably help with the polyps, and maybe the dental issues as well. It is an inexpensive enzyme supplement that should be taken on an empty stomach (as it is not meant to help digest food, but rather to move into one's overall system). Read up on it though, if you decide to try it. It's not something to take ahead of surgery, for instance, since it thins blood. I have found it helpful to my sinus issues (which don't involve polyps, but probably involve tissue that needs to be shrunk).

Old 12-13-2018, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApartmentNomad View Post
This is not remotely a cure-all for all these problems, but nattokinase would probably help with the polyps, and maybe the dental issues as well. It is an inexpensive enzyme supplement that should be taken on an empty stomach (as it is not meant to help digest food, but rather to move into one's overall system). Read up on it though, if you decide to try it. It's not something to take ahead of surgery, for instance, since it thins blood. I have found it helpful to my sinus issues (which don't involve polyps, but probably involve tissue that needs to be shrunk).

First time I hear of this and a google search revealed a study on this. My main concern with trying stuff like this is side effects, for example, I tried CQ10 because I read is beneficial to dental health and it gave me stomach distress, so I stopped taking it. I tried Omega 3 supplement and the same thing happened, stomach problems. I tried magnesium because it helps with anxiety and improves sleep, same thing, gave me stomach distress

Old 12-13-2018, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniej65 View Post
I had the balloon sinuplasty procedure. It hurt like hell, but it was worth it... for 6 months. My son noted that it was just one more of my medical anomalies.

what do you mean, what happened after 6 months?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness