U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 02:36 PM

9,443 posts, read 20,438,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
Thanks for telling your story. Helps a lot.
Let me know if you need a copy of 5 wishes I can email it to you
Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 02:40 PM

4,758 posts, read 1,808,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
Yes, I want to ensure that my family doesn't have to go through this and that unnecessary suffering does not happen. Knowing my own family there are folks who will want to save my life at all costs and then there are others who will let me go in peace.

None of my siblings have religion. I have a spiritual life. The family will be the ones who fear not I.
Nothing dictates that you must give any family member these sorts of authorities. You can designate a friend or even a legal representative who doesn't have an emotional connection. There are some understandable restrictions. One person I would have liked to consider lives overseas and isn't eligible. Again, check with your state of residence.

Old Today, 10:25 PM

19,692 posts, read 54,021,461 times
My .other had a living Will and I was her POA. I knew her wishes and stopped all but Hospice comfort care. She was 93. I want the same thing and have discussed it with my daughter. Mom lasted about 8 days but was kept comfortable on .morphine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness