Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 03:32 PM

171 posts, read 141,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONOV View Post
What gym? Going to typical Globo gyms I'd say its closer to one or two guys in the gym. If you go to a powerlifting or hardcore bodybuilding gym then you'd up your percentage. If you go to a Planet Fitness or a yoga studio almost none.

In any case, I think that for the source you quoted, you're shooting vials of olive oil. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

I do think your "average guy who wants muscle" is going to do some research and due diligence. Again, its not like Pre-Workout. It takes some forethought and planning.

How would you know they are not on steroids? How do I know? I don't, but my point is that people are using steroids is a lot more than we realize. Many people use steroids and you wouldn't think so, because their physiques don't fit the "mold" of what people expect to be as a steroid user. Steroids are not magic and they will not overcome bad genetics and a small bone structure, let alone, bad training and diet. Anabolic steroids, all they do, is help you stay anabolic and recover much faster, thus, you are able to build muscle quicker.

Many people foolishly believe that if they were to take steroids, they would look like the guys in the fitness magazines, it wouldn't happen. Those guys have exceptional genetics. Sure, they take steroids, but that's not the reason they're there, as millions of men take steroids as well.

I met a few people who admitted to be using steroids and it never once crossed my mind that they were on them. Many people don't care about admitting it, but most people would never reveal it, because they know the crap they would get.

Like I said, 95% of people using steroids, are using underground illegal steroids that were made by god knows who and in most cases, it is usually legit testosterone, but is underdosed and you're taking a risk, because it could be contaminated with bacteria.

Also, being in possession of anabolic steroids without a prescription is a third degree felony in the USA and punishable by 5 years in prison.

There are two ways to obtain testosterone legally without breaking the law

- Through a doctor, but he would never prescribe it unless you testosterone levels are below 250ng, many won't prescribe it unless you are like 150ng. In most cases, they would only prescribe you 100mg test a week. In fact, if you have 250ng which is very low, many doctors would tell you, you are normal, because you fall within the range (250-1050), but normal compared to who? A 80 year old with diabetes?

- Anti Aging clinics. These clinics are more flexible and they prescribe testosterone even if your levels are 500ng. They do so, under the premise, that even though you may have normal test levels, you can still experience side effects of low testosterone (which is possible, as testosterone acts different in every man). These clinics are in it for the money. As long as you pay them the monthly fee, usually $200 or more, they will prescribe you pharma grade testosterone, do blood work, ship the test to your house, give you anti estrogen meds, etc. They will also prescribe higher test than a doctor would. For example, they may prescribe you 200-250mg of test enanthate a week.

This 2 rule out 99% of young men who want to do steroids for looks and vanity. Most, if not all of these, men would not qualify for test through a doctor and most of them, would never pay $200 a month for testosterone with a anti aging clinic, so their only choice is underground test, which a lot cheaper.

Last edited by NasalPolyps; 12-12-2018 at 03:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2018, 03:52 PM

171 posts, read 141,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navyshow View Post
Frank Zane was known for his small bones and was a Mr. O. Try looking up natural male and female bodybuilders (NANBF) or go to the Beverly Nutrition website. There are plenty of natural athletes that look fabulous. I don't know why everyone thinks anything good is always accomplished with cheating.

He was a on massive amount of steroids. He had "small bones" compared to the other bodybuilders of his time. He didn't have small bones or bad genetics at all, compared to the average 5'9 man.

They look fabulous, because they have ideal genetics and bone structures. I'm sure they work super hard, but knowing you have great potential, which they know it, pushes you even harder. Not everyone has this, which is why many men choose to do steroids to "level the playing field" so to speak. I'm not saying you can't gain some muscle or lose fat, what I'm saying is that very few have what it takes to look spectacular.

I, for one, don't give a crap about this nonsense. I lift weights every now and then, just to be in shape, but I'm smart enough to realize how pointless this is and how it won't benefit me at all. Nothing wrong with trying to look fit and in shape, but so many men go wrong and become obsessed with being big.

Old 12-12-2018, 04:07 PM

13,703 posts, read 12,410,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NasalPolyps View Post
How would you know they are not on steroids? How do I know? I don't, but my point is that people are using steroids is a lot more than we realize. Many people use steroids and you wouldn't think so, because their physiques don't fit the "mold" of what people expect to be as a steroid user. Steroids are not magic and they will not overcome bad genetics and a small bone structure, let alone, bad training and diet. Anabolic steroids, all they do, is help you stay anabolic and recover much faster, thus, you are able to build muscle quicker.
You stated "30% of guys in the Gym" or something like that. But there's no data to support that. The data says something like 0.5% of guys use or have used steroids. Seek and you shall find...If your hanging out at a gym that focuses on activities most apt to benefit from steroids, your perception will be warped. Just like if you hang out at a Fraternity, your perception of how much beer young men drink will be distorted.

I played high school and college football...and of the 150-200 guys I came in contact with on the teams over the years, there is one that I'm suspicious about.

Old 12-12-2018, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Also, being in possession of anabolic steroids without a prescription is a third degree felony in the USA and punishable by 5 years in prison.

The law has never stopped anyone before. A Wealthy benefactor, a "Special Friend" (usually an older man that had specific...desires) is and was one common way of sourcing them. The good old anti-aging doctor another. If you live near the Mexican border, you can buy them in the pharmacy there. If your connected to the Horse/Veterinary community, that's another route.

And while illegal, you really don't hear about Steroid busts in the news like you do with Marijuana, Cocaine, Heroin, Methamphetamine...And rarely hear about someone going to jail for it.

Old 12-12-2018, 04:45 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,221,568 times
Quote:

Many people foolishly believe that if they were to take steroids, they would look like the guys in the fitness magazines, it wouldn't happen. Those guys have exceptional genetics. Sure, they take steroids, but that's not the reason they're there, as millions of men take steroids as well.

I met a few people who admitted to be using steroids and it never once crossed my mind that they were on them. Many people don't care about admitting it, but most people would never reveal it, because they know the crap they would get.

Like I said, 95% of people using steroids, are using underground illegal steroids that were made by god knows who and in most cases, it is usually legit testosterone, but is underdosed and you're taking a risk, because it could be contaminated with bacteria.

- Through a doctor, but he would never prescribe it unless you testosterone levels are below 250ng, many won't prescribe it unless you are like 150ng. In most cases, they would only prescribe you 100mg test a week. In fact, if you have 250ng which is very low, many doctors would tell you, you are normal, because you fall within the range (250-1050), but normal compared to who? A 80 year old with diabetes?

- Anti Aging clinics. These clinics are more flexible and they prescribe testosterone even if your levels are 500ng. They do so, under the premise, that even though you may have normal test levels, you can still experience side effects of low testosterone (which is possible, as testosterone acts different in every man). These clinics are in it for the money. As long as you pay them the monthly fee, usually $200 or more, they will prescribe you pharma grade testosterone, do blood work, ship the test to your house, give you anti estrogen meds, etc. They will also prescribe higher test than a doctor would. For example, they may prescribe you 200-250mg of test enanthate a week.

This 2 rule out 99% of young men who want to do steroids for looks and vanity. Most, if not all of these, men would not qualify for test through a doctor and most of them, would never pay $200 a month for testosterone with a anti aging clinic, so their only choice is underground test, which a lot cheaper.
You just keep making crap up hoping people that know better won't notice don't you???

There is no over riding "federal law" regarding possession of anabolic steroids that would make it a class 3 felony...

Laws vary from state to state and I am not aware of a single state where possession of steroids is more than a misdemeanor....

Your continued fascination with testosterone is also misguided as the majority of anabolic steroids used for sports performance are synthetic analogues and not straight testosterone...bacterial contamination is also so low down on the potential risks associated with steroid use to not even be worth mentioning..

Old 12-12-2018, 08:16 PM

2,761 posts, read 2,227,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
Agree, I would say way less than 1%, maybe 1% of guys who lift weights seriously.
I think it's a bit higher, maybe 4-6% of gym goers. There's guys who people never suspect of taking steroids because they aren't big like the Muscle and Fitness models, but more the Men's Health model which I think the majority of men are aiming for.

And when it comes to professional sports and those who are striving to succeed the number skyrockets.

I haven't been to a nightclub in ages but I imagine there are lots of juice monkeys there. I think there are more guys doing it for vanity than for sports or competition.

Old 12-12-2018, 08:47 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,224,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post

..."As you know bones are "fused" to muscles....." Again....huh????

Maybe that's what YOU know but it isn't even remotely true...muscles aren't FUSED to bone....and muscle mass is not tied to bone structure....
They're certainly attached. I think fused is an accurate term. Muscles move bones, and they do it by being attached to them.

Old 12-12-2018, 11:55 PM

105 posts, read 75,889 times
Taking psychiatric drugs is as dangerous as steroids but a quarter of the population fell for that serotonin brain chemical scam and is on them.

They ruin your sex drive, give you diabetes and neurological damage... Women are more likely then men to fall for the fraud of psychiatry.

I was alway tempted to try steroids but too scared. Maybe when I get old, I saw a guy in the gym must have been pushing 80 YO lifting huge weight all pumped up obviously on steroids.

Last edited by MyWifiGoesSlow; 12-13-2018 at 12:05 AM..

Old 12-13-2018, 05:40 AM

5,644 posts, read 13,221,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
They're certainly attached. I think fused is an accurate term. Muscles move bones, and they do it by being attached to them.
"Fused" to bone would be a totally inaccurate term as it implies complete "melding" of 2 or more substances/items

Bones and muscles aren't "melded"....for the most part they aren't even directly attached to one another as it is tendons that attach muscles to bone at origin and insertion sites

Old 12-13-2018, 10:26 AM

I think OP is spending too much time in the Greenwich Village bodybuilding gyms. The HIV thread, the Steroids/Bodybuilding thread...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness